Sandra's maintenance diary.....

Thx Emma and Jan......all help and advice gratefully received!

Observations on today.....well, I've actually eaten a bit more than I have lately cos I was cold! I'm surprised at how low Mullerlight yogurts are cos they're my favourites and I've already got a fridge full of them, so will continue to eat them. I think that I will have to be careful with the fruit cos I can munch my way through five or six pieces a day, easily.

I didn't measure the milk that I had on my cereal but it was 2% type, tomorrow I'll measure out some and use it for my cereal and in my coffees, it's not going to be more than half a pint I don't think....

I bought several of the Count on us meals cos they were on offer, 3 for the price of 2. Not exactly low pp though, I thought that they would've been less. I will cook from scratch more again when I've got properly into this and can trust myself with portion sizes!

Brilliant first day sandra :)
Once you get your head around the points it will be fine. x

Tuesday, day two..

Had my first session in the physio gym this morning so made sure that I had a decent breakfast before going...

B branflakes (3pp) milk (3pp) handul of blueberries (0pp) vitamin C drink (tablet?) actimel 0.1% (1pp) 2 coffees
L minestrone soup (3pp) 4 tablespoons fat-free Greek yogurt (2pp) handful of blueberries (0pp) 2 kiwi fruits (from my garden in France (0pp)
Mid-afternoon snack more blueberries.......really wanted a mince pie!
D M &S Fuller Longer, spaghetti and meatballs (11pp) sprinkle of Parmesan cheese (1pp) choc ice (4pp) don't know what brand it was as it had been in the freezer for a while so looked at all choc ices in the book and they all seemed to be 3 or 4 pp
Hot choc (1pp)

Total 29

Last edited:
Sounds good! :) How did the physio go? x

Physio went great, basically did all the exercises that I've been doing in the pool but with a resistance band tied around my ankle, felt really weird! Also did some cycling and balancing 'tricks'! Just been to see my Consultant and got the great news that my op has been a 100% success and that I can now get on with my life:D He's told me to be guided by my physiotherapist but basically I can get back to the gym and start trying to get fit again. Yay! That is such good news, gym membership is £55 a month whereas each physio session is £70! My insurance pays at the moment but will run out eventually......

Hopefully this means that I can also start burning some of those blessed little calories:whacky068:

Hi Daisy! Well it's only day 2 but so far so good! Its a bit weird actually making a conscious decision as to what I'm going to eat as for the last 5 weeks since I've come out of hospital I've eaten pretty much what I fancied, just haven't fancied it! Now that I'm planning to be good I really fancy a mince pie:eek: But I do want to shift that last 10lbs so the pies will stay safely in the tin........

How's it going for you?

Just finished day two and Im feeling fine, I started a diary this time to keep me motivated. I think planing is probalbly the secret to all diets, its difficult to count everything you eat but eating freely is how we got here in the first place lol. good luck huni you will be at goal in no time xxx

You can have a mince pie but they are 7pp's!!!! Lol xx

You can have a mince pie but they are 7pp's!!!! Lol xx

OMG, and let's face it, you can't just have the one can you? It's got to be two! So I've had another handful of blueberries instead:D

Great news from your consultant Sandra - brilliant! Did you ask how much the replacement weighs? ;)

Great you can back to the gym if that's your 'thing' :) xx

Great news from your consultant Sandra - brilliant! Did you ask how much the replacement weighs? ;)

Great you can back to the gym if that's your 'thing' :) xx

Thanks, I'm pretty pleased. It weighs about 7lbs, he gave me one to hold and talked me through exactly what he'd done.....I felt a bit funny being told that he'd ground out a hole in my pelvis in order to put a big metal cup into it. I love watching operations on tv but knowing what's happened to me made me a bit queasy:eek:

So that's made my mind up, I'd wanted to be 10 stone when I started LT so I'm going to aim for 10 1/2 to make allowances for the hip. The Consultant has warned me that I really need to keep the weight off.......good incentive?

Excellent incentive I'd say!! :D xx (Did you ask him how much the bits he took out weighed or is that bringing something up we're ignoring ;) :)) xx

Ewww! cutting a hole out of your pelvis ... nice! lol
Glad that you have been given the all clear to mooch on with the gym etc :) x

Oh I forgot about that, it was just the end of the bone that got sawn off:eek: no idea what that weighed as it was all worn out.....the x-ray was mind-blowing, what with the 18 plates and pins that I've had in my right leg, I feel like metal Mickey!

Incidentally I'm sure it wouldn't be much - the weight of those bits that is xx

HaHa - crossed posts - like I said I'm sure it wouldn't be much ... Some people will do anything to get a good body search at the airport ;) xx

Lol x

Sandra, looks like you are well on the mend. Fab news from your Doctor. I hope you continue to make great strides, literally!!
I think I've strayed onto the WW forum here!! Have you all converted to propoints? A couple of girls at work are also started on it and really like it too. They find they can eat more than on the old plan and yet still lose! WW are onto a winner with it.
HAve a good week.

Thanks Molly, I am indeed thrilled!

Yes I think we're all on ww now which is good as we can continue to encourage each other to maintain or lose the Christmas pounds! I see that you continue to stay pretty much the same, any tips? I'm trying to ensure that I don't 'waste' any points on crap at the moment as I need all the nutrition that I can get! Funny though how when you start thinking about what you're eating that it makes you want stuff that you didn't want before!mmmmm need to work on that one:confused:

Back