Sandra's maintenance diary.....

Yeah - sounds good ;) x

Friday.....

Had a terrible night and only slept for a couple of hours, dunno if it was something to do with the flu jab? Consequently woke up shattered and didn't feel up to going to physio......me and Dylan went back to bed after breakfast until 12!

B branflakes with milk, vitamin C drink, 2 coffees
L 100g Brie, small bunch of grapes, an apple
D Galia melon with parma ham, Count on us seafood paella
6 chocolates!

Collapsed on the sofa at the moment watching stuff that I can't even remember recording on Sky+! Fancy a hot choc but Dylan (the diet cat) is fast asleep on me and I don't want to wake him up......

Have found the ww stuff so intend to read it over the weekend and start pointing next week:D

Last edited:
Good ol' diet cat! We love him - i want one! :giggle:
Sorry you didn't sleep well, hopefully you'll get a better night tonight :) x

Purrrrrrrfect pussy to have around ;)

Sorry you didn't sleep well - bummer :( xx

Thx....I just felt so guilty cos every time I fidgeted and turned over Dylan did too so that he could stay under my arm! So he must've had a crap nights sleep too......poor little chap x

Sandra, sorry you didnt get a good nights sleep, it just unsettles you for the whole day afterwards.

Hope you and the diet cat sleep better tonight.

It's a bugger Mary. I've had extra strength sleeping pills from the doctor but I didn't want to take them but I've been so upset about losing Fudge....I know that I've got to get through it but i toss and turn and can't switch off. Last night was extra bad cos my hip was sore on one side and my arm and shoulder on the other so I couldn't win.

Has Maisie taken over the bed yet or are you doing the sensible thing and keeping her out of the bedroom? Trouble is their furry little bodies are so damn cosy in this weather, it's hard to resist...

Well she did start to sleep in the dining room in her basket, but she has recently started crying, so we bought another basket for her to sleep in the bedroom. Only occassionally she comes on the bed (usually when Phill isnt about)

Only a matter of time .......x

Ooohhh nooooo, I dont really like her on the bed overnight, I am having the menopausal flushes and I need to keep the area free to kick off the duvet..........lol.

Saturday....

Had a better night and a lie-in so feel ok today.....

B porridge, made mostly with 100% oat bran cos we'd run out of Quaker oats......so will probably have an upset tum in the morning!
Mid-morning, met a friend for coffee. Had 2 cups of peppermint tea instead of coffee but did eat the two hand-baked, tiny little almond biccies that came with it. Also won 3 bottles of Sauvignon Blanc in a raffle that someone was running in the restaurant! Have put one straight in the fridge for later:D
L haven't decided yet, still fancy an egg mayo sarnie....just realised, though, that it's 2.30 pm so maybe a bit late for lunch! Edit had a small bunch of grapes
D very large vodka and diet coke, rump steak with peppercorn sauce, jacket potato, peas.......never did open the wine
3 chocolates (the last of the little box) hot choc

Weighed myself as my last weekly weigh-in (still doing this myself) was New Year's Day and I've STS......bit surprised really as I've had a few treats this week. I do fully intend to start pp
everything next week. At least I seem to be on an even keel......if I could STS forever I'd be well chuffed

Last edited:
Yay to a STS :D
Not sure how much longer I can read in here for though Sandra, as your peppercorn steak has me drooling! lol

xx

Well Done on your sts - You're doing great. You're having treats but you're not going mad and you're having good meals! Way to go girl :D xx

Yay to a STS :D
Not sure how much longer I can read in here for though Sandra, as your peppercorn steak has me drooling! lol

xx

It was delicious! I don't know how you can bear to come on here Jayne?! I certainly couldn't when I was doing 100%! you're doing great though, day 6 is it now? X

Well Done on your sts - You're doing great. You're having treats but you're not going mad and you're having good meals! Way to go girl :D xx

Yeah, I feel pretty in control....I keep telling myself that I can have absolutely anything I want, then I find that I don't actually need to have it:D

I think I'm going to start ww tomorrow. My sister rang last night and there's a class started in our local parish hall that I might go to and get weighed. I think that I'm only a couple of lbs above my gold membership weight, can't remember what it's called, so if I hang on for a week or two I should be able to go for nothing. My sister needs to lose a couple of stone and she's only 5
feet tall so it really shows. She sounded well into it last night and was making soup and pasta sauce with loads of veggies.

Anyway, today's food...

B porridge, half and half Quaker and oat bran, dash of evaporated milk, large orange and papaya juice, two coffees
L probably going down to sort stuff out on the boat so may go for brunch with OH. Still in my dressing gown on the sofa at the moment so going nowhere fast! Edit, went nowhere! Had an egg and bacon sandwich, something that I haven't had since the summer and it was lovely!
D a slice of toast and 1/2 a tin of baked beans with a sprinkle of grated cheese on top. Muller light yogurt and a small bunch of grapes.
Hot choc before bed

Absolutely no chocolates of any description left. Still got an unopened Xmas cake and some mincies but they don't interest me at all.

Happy Sunday x

Last edited:
Yep, day 6 today :D I think I may be able to just come in here and read your updates, and skim past the food bit of your post lol . Depends how strong I'm feeling at that particular time. Maybe I will read whilst drinking a shake :)

Good luck with WW :)

xx

Yep, day 6 today :D I think I may be able to just come in here and read your updates, and skim past the food bit of your post lol . Depends how strong I'm feeling at that particular time. Maybe I will read whilst drinking a shake :)

Good luck with WW :)

xx

Thx Jayne, good luck with your weigh in, really hope that it's a biggie x

Happy Monday?

At last, I started ww today, well counting pp at least. I find it very confusing. Having done the previous points system last year I find this new one really odd.....how can you completely ignore the points in most fruit for example! Surely if you eat say half a dozen apples in a day then the calories are going to add up? I got this pack off the Internet but it doesn't include a calculator thingy so I'm going to have to get one if those too I guess. Meanwhile......

Todays food.....

B branflakes (3pp) milk (3pp) vitamin C drink (tablet?) actimel 0.1% (1pp)
L minestrone soup (3pp) Mullerlight cherry yogurt (2pp) handful of blueberries(0pp)
D 1/4 Gallia melon (0pp) 3 slices Parma ham(3pp), Count on us Cajun Spiced Chicken Fettucine (10pp) mullerlight raspberry & cranberry yogurt (3pp)
Hot choc (1pp)

Total 29pp A good first day I think!

Last edited:
Hi Hun x

Don't worry you will soon get the hang of it xx Here's a calculator you can use until you get your official one, I use this all the time

http://www.funqai.com/sml/index.php?id=wwpropoints

To work out milk what I do is work out the points for a whole cartoon and divide it by 7 (seven days in the week :) ) mine works out at 1pp a day so I just add it in each day- saves me measuring my milk every time I have cereal or tea lol

They do say that although fruit is free not to go overboard as it does obviously contain calories. I think they've made it free thinking that we're more likely to have a piece of fruit coz it's free than a square of chocolate which we might choose if they were the same no. points.

I imagine also the fact that most fruit & veg is free at Slimming World might mean they don't lose as many people to them .... ? I dunno really but it sounds good ;)

btw - skimmed milk is 1pp for 142mls (qtr pt) (2pp for 200ml), semi-skimmed is 2pp for 142mls

I've got a list of quite a few things that started with one Tan sent me and I've added to as I've found them, you're welcome to that if you'd like. xx

Back