Sandra's refeed diary.....

SandraB

Gold Member
Thought that I had better start this so that I don't lose control......

Officially started refeeding on Wednesday but had scrambled eggs most nights last week, so this is what I've had recently

Tuesday

B - Exante shake
L - Exante soup
D - chicken breast and mixed salad

Wednesday

B - Exante shake
L - chicken breast and salad
D - small fillet steak and salad
S - 40 calorie hot choc

Thursday

B - Exante shake
L - Exante soup
D- chicken breast and salad (large!)
S - 40 calorie hot choc

Friday

B - oatsosimple with skimmed milk, 2 proper coffees/dash of milk

L - Not sure yet if I'm going to have a soup for lunch or the other chicken breast........

D - salmon steak, asparagus and long-stemmed broccoli

My weight is up a lb this morning but I haven't been to the loo for a couple of days.......

Don't feel madly hungry but I guess that's cos I haven't really had much in the way of carbs. Dying to have a piece of fruit!

Having a full tummy again is a really weird feeling and I don't actually like it but it's good to sit down with Paul again and be eating a proper meal. I made my salad last night with lots of different colours! That in itself was a treat.

Hi Sandra

Just seen your diary, welcome officially to refeed lol

Hope your enjoying tastes, I still find tastes most remarkable lol

Good luck, did you decide on dukan orsomethinv else in the end?

Xx

Went off Dukan when I realised how long I would still have to go until I could eat fruit again and I want to be able to eat it in hospital......can't let all those grapes go to waste!

The tastes are good but I haven't really got that much of an interest in food have you? I went round M&S yesterday picking up some really good proteins, salmon, tuna, steak, and loads of salad ingredients......but I can't say that I'm dying to eat them which I find a bit strange! I thought that I was going to be keen to eat everything in sight!

I think that it's going to be WW after all but with a serious swerve away from white and processed carbs, and that will be long-term too not just until I get to target.

Before i get told off, i KNOW i am not refeeding, but i miss you both!!! lol

Can you have tinned salmon or does it have to be fresh? I love salmon and cucumber but only tinned salmon..

Thanks (and sorry for hijacking your diary Sandra x x)

No worries......dunno about tinned salmon Su, I only
Iike it when I'm making a pasta sauce with it (with prawns, tomato purée, scallops and prawns and cream, case you're interested!)

How long to refeeding for you? Are you looking forward to it? Silly question?!

I am doing 2 weeks starting 6 December (17 days and counting), but if i am honest, i am not really looking forward to eating because i am scared i won't control it.. At least with LT i have a strict regime that if i don't follow, i pay a price.. And i know how ridiculous this sounds but i have coped quite well for the last 10 weeks, so it isn't daunting for me to think of coming back on it... I do not believe that LT has been a success for me in any other way than the actual weight loss- the times i have tried coffee/different teas and they taste just as foul as the week i started, so part of me is paranoid that i will still have the same sweet tooth, and i may well undo all the good i have done.. I love being slimmer, but i really don't know if i have done enough.
I know this all may sound really pathetic to you, but you did ask!! lol x x

No sweetheart it doesn't sound pathetic at all! I'm enjoying eating but terrified of eating carbs and just wanting more.....today I have bitten the bullet, however, I had porridge made with skimmed milk for breakfast and I've just had some mashed potato with my dinner. I hadn't intended to but as I've done quite a lot of work in the garden today (and boy am I in pain now) I thought that I deserved it! I will weigh myself again in the morning and if the weight has gone up too much I will stick to tfr tomorrow and Sunday.

I think that we've gotten to the point on LT where we feel so comfortable cos we know that we might have the odd blip but that we can cope with it and I've no doubt that I would've got to target but for the op, and I'm sure
that you will too and, hopefully, before Xmas, so that you don't have to go back on LT afterwards......

WW for me from now on I think.......and a daily weigh in and meal substitutes when the odd lb creeps back on!

It is scary Su!

Ps the pack of Lindo are still on the coffee table, two weeks later, and I haven't succumbed yet.......

Well done on not succumbing to the lindo. Your menu is looking really good. Fantastic weight losses, you have done really well.

I agree with sandra.... very scarey, even with how regimented I am, I've had a few slip ups this week, and the simplest thing like not going to the toilet all week or the time of he month adds to the pressure of your weigh in (I have both these problems this week)

Well done on not succumbing to the lindo. Your menu is looking really good. Fantastic weight losses, you have done really well.

Thanks Mary it's really good to know that you're sat there in the background, I didn't realise that you were there!

Well, weighed myself this morning, still 11st 5lb but still haven't been to the loo, since about Tuesday, so feel really stuffed and horrible.....can't hack the full feeling after eating at all either, it feels so wrong! Might have some fruit today to help things along.......

Ok, today is Saturday and I've been eating since Tuesday, still weigh in at 11st 5lb, which I'm not happy about as it is a lb up but haven't been to the loo since I started eating!

Today's menu is as follows,

B Exante shake, 2 coffees with ss milk (mmmmmmmmmmmm)
L. 150gs cottage cheese, an apple and a pear, delicious!
D going to be M&S prawns with chilli & coriander, large salad

Going to buy some fruit today, haven't been buying it cos OH never bothers to eat it and I hate waste! I'm hoping that a bit of fruit will get my digestion moving again as I don't want to use laxatives! I'm having quite a bit of salad but there's obviously not much fibre in it, won't have mash if I have potato again (don't want to make it a regular thing) will have a jacket spud instead.

Feeling very bright and bushy-tailed! Surprised at that as I overdid it a bit in the garden yesterday and felt very sore last night. One big plus point, I no longer wake up with a mouth tasting like a rat crawled in there and died! Now have a lovely pink tongue again, no horrible gummy coating on it! Urgh.....

Last edited:
Sandra you are doing really well, hopefully the fact that we all find eating a scary thing will help us stay in control. I keep wondering if its time to switch to another weight loss plan but Im worried about gaining. Keep up the good work huni xxx

Hope so Daisy! Just had some fruit for lunch, it was wonderful! I've missed fruit so much. I did pick up some dried prunes (thought they might help my tummy) but the amount of carbs horrified me so I put them down again!

I think that it's going to be WW for me, I haven't got my head around their new points yet but I might go to a class and pick up the new stuff. I've got a gold membership from a few years back when I lost a couple of stone with them and I do like the flexibility that you get. I think a couple of the ladies on the maintenance forum are following the new plan and getting on great with it.

I am telling myself that I need a balanced and sensible diet in order to get over my op and seriously restricting myself in the long-term is not viable. I do think that once I can train again like I used to, at least 4 times a week, I'm going to get back to how I used to be before operations and accidents!

Are you seriously considering losing the remainder with a proper diet, ie rather than LT, you have so little left to lose.......at the end of the day, we have to eat again at some point!

Im sure you will be at goal and be fighting fit in no time, You are an intelligent and considered lady and your approach to weight loss has been no different. Im thinking about low carbing but cant quite bring myself to leave the safe LT option, although like you said we all have to eat sometime.

Thanks Mary it's really good to know that you're sat there in the background, I didn't realise that you were there!
Never too far away, just send a pm if you ever need any help.

Ok, today is Saturday and I've been eating since Tuesday, still weigh in at 11st 5lb, which I'm not happy about as it is a lb up but haven't been to the loo since I started eating!

Today's menu is as follows,

B Exante shake, 2 coffees with ss milk (mmmmmmmmmmmm)
L. 150gs cottage cheese, an apple and a pear, delicious!
D going to be M&S prawns with chilli & coriander, large salad

Going to buy some fruit today, haven't been buying it cos OH never bothers to eat it and I hate waste! I'm hoping that a bit of fruit will get my digestion moving again as I don't want to use laxatives! I'm having quite a bit of salad but there's obviously not much fibre in it, won't have mash if I have potato again (don't want to make it a regular thing) will have a jacket spud instead.

Feeling very bright and bushy-tailed! Surprised at that as I overdid it a bit in the garden yesterday and felt very sore last night. One big plus point, I no longer wake up with a mouth tasting like a rat crawled in there and died! Now have a lovely pink tongue again, no horrible gummy coating on it! Urgh.....

Dont be too surprised if you have a STS or a small gain in the first week, its quite usual for some people. I know I had either a 1lb gain or a STS on my first week of re-feed. Your body will soon adjust to having food again and then you will see some losses if you follow a healthy eating plan.

Re the constipation, have you tried a sprinkling of linseeds?....these are very good.

Never too far away, just send a pm if you ever need any help.

Dont be too surprised if you have a STS or a small gain in the first week, its quite usual for some people. I know I had either a 1lb gain or a STS on my first week of re-feed. Your body will soon adjust to having food again and then you will see some losses if you follow a healthy eating plan.

Re the constipation, have you tried a sprinkling of linseeds?....these are very good.

Thanks Mary, that's very reassuring! TBH I can't for the life of me understand how refeeding works, surely if your liver regains it's glycogen stores when you eat carbs and glycogen holds water, you HAVE to put weight on when you eat carbs again?! Ok it's only water weight not fat but it's still weight

Haven't tried linseeds but can remember giving them to my pony when I was a kid! I think my MIL has them sprinkled on her cereal, will give them a try thanks.

Had the prawns and salad for supper, made Paul a carbonara....was tempted but looked the other way! Had two mouthfuls of wine but just didn't fancy it. Paul is leaving me the last Lindor in the box........watch this space!

Will have a low cal hot choc later but that's it for today. Going to start WW in earnest on Monday, need to find my tracker diary etc, will have to do the old plan until I can suss out the new one

Thanks Mary, that's very reassuring! TBH I can't for the life of me understand how refeeding works, surely if your liver regains it's glycogen stores when you eat carbs and glycogen holds water, you HAVE to put weight on when you eat carbs again?! Ok it's only water weight not fat but it's still weight

Haven't tried linseeds but can remember giving them to my pony when I was a kid! I think my MIL has them sprinkled on her cereal, will give them a try thanks.

I think its more a case of over-filling them too quickly that leads to the gain, but when introduced gradually you are getting your body adjusted at a slower rate than going full bang into eating all the carbs. Just follow that refeed and you wont go far wrong.

Had the prawns and salad for supper, made Paul a carbonara....was tempted but looked the other way! Had two mouthfuls of wine but just didn't fancy it. Paul is leaving me the last Lindor in the box........watch this space!

Will have a low cal hot choc later but that's it for today. Going to start WW in earnest on Monday, need to find my tracker diary etc, will have to do the old plan until I can suss out the new one

Didnt fancy the wine.......:eek::eek::eek:.......OMG................that will soon change :D:D

Didn't fancy thewine.......:eek::eek::eek:.......OMG................that will soon change :D:D[/QUOTE]

I know Paul wanted to know if I was sick! Now if it'd been a vodka.......

Back