Sapphire's WW Diary - now doing CORE!

Thanks everyone, I highly recommend the home cooking thing, if you have time (I do at the moment because i'm in that awkward stage between finishing uni and getting a job!). I have felt a lot fuller and enjoyed my meals so much more.

I'll be having the chowder again tomorrow as I made enough for 2 and split it into 2 bowls. Ham chowder and CSI:New York, what could be better?! :D

Ooh vodaka I forgot about making fajitas with the tortillas, might do that tomorrow!

From monday I am doing work experience in a local primary school for 3 weeks so i'll have to be super organised!

Oh yes and I am considering core now, now I know I can fill myself up with 3 meals a day, will look into it, is it different from nocount?

From what I can gather Core is the new name for No count :)

Ah i see...think i'll stick with the full choice for now as like to have my little treats :) Today I had a ham and tomato sandwich first thing, then the leftover ham and sweetcorn chowder from yesterday for lunch, then in the evening, my mum (who does ww too) cooked us a ww recipe, morroccan butternut squash stew or something, with quorn instead of tofu, gorgeous, and 1.5 points for a bowlful!

Snackwise I had some snack a jacks mini bagels, my milk allowance, and after my stew I had a solero smoothie.

(I MUCH prefer the blackberry and banana ones to the strawberry and banana ones)

Ooh and exercise, I found a gap in the rain and went for a ride with my friend on my pony for 45 minutes :D

Ooh, had THE nicest burger last night, a tesco healthy living 1/4 lb burger (2.5) in a tesco's own cheese topped roll (2.5) with 1 slice light cheese, lettuce, cucumber, and 'fried' onions! Ooh it was heaven...even my OH thought it was gorgeous, I cooked it on a griddle pan with fry light. I might have one again today :D

Today we went to a pub and I had a cajun chicken, gammon, and pineapple salad, very nice!

Not been very good yesterday and today...I had a pasty yesterday when we went shopping because subway had a queue coming out the door and there was no where healthy to go, then later I had a viscount and 2 jaffa cakes :eek:

Today I was good except for a slice of rasperry pavlova at work, it was quite small and gorgeous! I have definately gone over my points the last 2 days, but been really good the rest of the week, weigh in tomorrow, so who knows!

I'm going to have to be very organised for the next 3 weeks as I am on work experience at a primary school.

I know how you feel, i have gone over my points today my lad went out and i didnt want to cook for just me so had a small doner and chips from the kebab shop :sigh: its the first time i have * cheated * since i restarted WW and if im honest i didnt really enjoy it and dont think i will be tempted again ( whats happened to me lol ) but my WI isnt till Thursday so if im good until then hopefully the damage will be limited

Hope your pleasently surprised

Thank you, you too! I don't think the odd 'once in a while' treat will hurt really, as long as it's not too often, I like it when it's a new week as the slate is sort of 'wiped clean' :)

Well, stayed the same this week! Not too dissapointed as I know I had some treats at the weekend. Will be better this week! :D

what on earth happened today, I had 21 points, then had some home made chips (deep fried!)!

My mum says its because I get home from school (working) and eat a large meal then get hungry later and run out of points...she could be onto something there.

Today I had an alpen light bar for brekkie as I was running late, nothing for break (thank god there was no cake in the staff room today!), lunch was a box of sushi from Lidl which I think was 5.5, then a rice krispie square (2) and a light choc digestive (1.5) Totally unneccessary!

Then jacket potato when I got home with cheese, a solero, home made chips, a square of chocolate...I don't usually binge, what the hell is going on? I think it's because i'm not used to getting up early and i've still been going to sleep really late so i'm running on empty, only got 4 hours sleep last night, i've got to pull my socks up, go to bed earlier, plan out my points throughout the day like I did last week, and get back on track. It is sooo good to have trousers fitting that weren't before!

Keep at it Laura. My friend is a teacher and I know the staff room at her school is always awash with treats, I think I would find it impossible to resist. Think I would have to hid in the classroom or offer to do playground duty every day !

Thank you :) they had banana and chocolate cake today, but I resisted! I'm on work experience now i've finished uni but am going to train to be a teacher as soon as I can so better get used to it! I did resist today though, and had a much better day :D

I had oatso simple for breakfast, WW chilli con carne for lunch with some melba toasts, then when I got home I made a beef stir fry with noodles, loads of veggies and teriyaki sauce.

For a snack later I had that nice grilled cinnamon bananas on 2 ryvitas.

Feel much better now i'm back on track!

Whoops, haven't updated in a while.

Still sticking at it, go over my points a tiny bit some days but not worried. I can actually fit in my size 10 trousers now and need a belt to keep my size 12 jeans up so yipee! Button is still a little tight as weight still resting on my hips so once they do up comfortably, I think I will try maintaining that weight, and hit the gym more to tone up the 'squidgy bits' :D

I'm changing my goal, i'm at 9 stone 10 lbs now, if I go to 8 stone 10 lbs as I planned, I think I will look like a skeleton.

Trying to think of yummy things i've eaten lately...had a nice pita bread earlier stuffed with lettuce, and lean diced steak fried in fry light with mushrooms and onions, that was nice. 5 points I think.

Onwards and upwards! (or downwards lol) :)

Ooo size 10 - i'm very jealous ! Well done and it's good that you are being sensible about your target and going on how you feel rather than what the scales say.

Thank you :D It's funny how some people seem to weigh a lot less but don't look smaller, I think clothes size is more relevant than weight!

I went completely off the rails yesterday, I don't know why, time of the month maybe, but I was eating everything in site. To finish it off yesterday, I had a cheese sandwich, a packet of doritos and a cadbury's flake!!

I started off really well on points but i've been letting it slide, so as of today i'm doing core (no count) to get back on track and shake things up a bit - and banish chocolate until I can get a grip again!

Done really really well today, for breakfast I had a banana and some strawberries in some 0% fat greek yoghurt.
For lunch I popped home and had lots of tagliatelle with pineapple low fat cottage cheese and some ham, yummy and very filling, followed by a pear.

As a snack after work I had a small apple and 1 tbsp of mixed seeds (1 point from weekly allowance).

It's now nearly 7pm and i'm just starting to get hungry, and haven't picked at anything all day! This is exactly what I needed.

For my dinner i'm having a lean grilled gammon steak with an egg fried in fry light, baked beans and a jacket potato with some extra light flora (0.5 points) followed by a mullerlight.

Can't wait! :D :D

Still going well on core, finding it really filling and eating a lot more fruit and generally being a lot more healthy!

Yesterday had pasta for one meal, and steak veg and potatoes for another, followed by fruit and yoghurt, yum!

Laura well deone, i tried points and didn't enjoy so have switched back to core

Hi Laura
I'm new here but wanted to say hi, sounds like your doing really well. I'm off for my first meeting tonight. Will find out more about core, I've done WW before counting the points and it worked but the core sounds really good.
Anyway, hope to see you around and chat more.
xx

Back