Extra Easy Days Sarah83's 2016 Food Diary

Today's lunch: a packet of Mediterranean veg pasta n sauce, with added onion, pepper, celery, tomato and spinach, and topped with half a HEXA of low fat cheddar. Yum

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 20
Sunday 24th January

Breakfast: bacon and poached eggs

Lunch: pasta n sauce with extra veg and cheese (half HEXA)

Dinner: pork tenderloin, with roasties (HEXB for oil), and veg. Yorkshire pud (2.5) and gravy (1)

It was quite nice, especially with all the veg in it, but I did find it a little bit bland. I was glad I had the chicken with it. It was between that, pasta pomodorro or the chicken and pepper skewers, they all looked like the best options, apart from steak and salad
Yes probably the best option x I do like a mixed grill too and always ask for a jacket instead of chips x

Yes probably the best option x I do like a mixed grill too and always ask for a jacket instead of chips x
That sounds nice too - trouble is I'd struggle to have a jacket without butter so I'd probably be better off skipping the potato and just having salad.
Trouble is wetherspoons was quite easy to pick but I've got a meal in Carluccios on Thursday night and lunch out Saturday too (not sure where yet) so I've got to try and choose well again...

Monday 25th January

Breakfast: banana and yoghurt

Lunch: salmon salad with mayo (0.5)

Dinner: spinach and ricotta cannelloni (3.5 and half HEXA), salad

Snacks etc: milk in coffees (half HEXA), Apple, pear

Last edited:
That sounds nice too - trouble is I'd struggle to have a jacket without butter so I'd probably be better off skipping the potato and just having salad.
Trouble is wetherspoons was quite easy to pick but I've got a meal in Carluccios on Thursday night and lunch out Saturday too (not sure where yet) so I've got to try and choose well again...
Never heard of that restaurant x what good does it do x

Never heard of that restaurant x what good does it do x
It's an Italian so I'll probably go for some sort of tomato/fish based pasta dish, saving my HEXs for olive oil and cheese?
Saturday lunch will now be another wetherspoons though so that's good as I'm pretty confident what to order there :)

Tuesday 26th January

Breakfast: yoghurt & banana

Lunch: tesco sweet chilli chicken noodle salad (4), mugshot

Dinner: mushroom risotto (half HEXA)

Snacks etc: milk in coffees (half HEXA), pear, apple - no HEXB again :-(

Last edited:
It's an Italian so I'll probably go for some sort of tomato/fish based pasta dish, saving my HEXs for olive oil and cheese?
Saturday lunch will now be another wetherspoons though so that's good as I'm pretty confident what to order there :)
Sounds nice xx some good choices xx

Sounds nice xx some good choices xx
It's funny really - this time round I've felt so much more in control. During my previous attempts at Slimming World, I've always blown it with a meal out - and every week there would either be a meal out or a takeaway and I wouldn't make good choices, I'd totally blow it, and that's why I think I've been doing so well so far this time round. plus I've only eaten out once in the last 3 weeks so the temptation hasn't been there. I'm terrified of this good run grinding to a halt so I'm determined to make the best choices I can when eating out as I know there will be times later on (particularly in the next few months with holidays etc) when I won't be as strong!

It's funny really - this time round I've felt so much more in control. During my previous attempts at Slimming World, I've always blown it with a meal out - and every week there would either be a meal out or a takeaway and I wouldn't make good choices, I'd totally blow it, and that's why I think I've been doing so well so far this time round. plus I've only eaten out once in the last 3 weeks so the temptation hasn't been there. I'm terrified of this good run grinding to a halt so I'm determined to make the best choices I can when eating out as I know there will be times later on (particularly in the next few months with holidays etc) when I won't be as strong!
Organisation is key to slimming world xx I also say variety is the key too as I get bored and go off track if I eat same day in day out xxx

Organisation is key to slimming world xx I also say variety is the key too as I get bored and go off track if I eat same day in day out xxx
You're so right! And I'm having so much fun cooking new recipes too xx

Wednesday 27th January

Breakfast: yoghurt, banana

Lunch: risotto (half HEXA) & broccoli/green beans

Dinner: ham and potato hash (HEXB for oil) with carrots & cabbage

Snacks: milk in coffees (half HEXA), 2 glasses red wine (12)

Last edited:
Thursday 28th January

Breakfast: banana and yoghurt

Lunch: pea and ham soup

Dinner: Carluccios: prawns with focaccia, followed by lobster and crab spaghetti (HEXB towards olive oil, HEXA for Parmesan). Bottle of wine.

Oh dear, looks like going out for a meal and wine the night before weigh in wasn't such a good idea... I've put on 0.5 lb.
I lost focus a bit last week - slacking on the super free, not always having my healthy extras, and having a few too many 'tastes' of things which I didn't count. This week I must focus again as I've got 2 meals out again this week so I've got to be as good as possible to counteract!

Oh dear, looks like going out for a meal and wine the night before weigh in wasn't such a good idea... I've put on 0.5 lb.
I lost focus a bit last week - slacking on the super free, not always having my healthy extras, and having a few too many 'tastes' of things which I didn't count. This week I must focus again as I've got 2 meals out again this week so I've got to be as good as possible to counteract!
0.5lb isn't much considering xx

Friday 29th January

Breakfast: leftover potato and ham hash (HEXB), beans and cabbage

Lunch: pasta n sauce with lots of added veg and cheese (2.5 & half HEXA)

Dinner: salt and chilli chicken, egg fried rice, cabbage

Snacks etc: milk in coffee (half HEXA)

Well the weekend was not good at all food-wise. So I'm now trying to be super-good to counteract it!
Weekend's food looked like this:

Sat 30th Jan
Breakfast: yoghurt
Lunch: wetherspoons superfoods pasta& chicken
Dinner: kebab meat, chips, salad and garlic mayo
Lots and lots of wine

Sun 31st Jan (hangover!!)
Breakfast: banana
Lunch: harvesters grilled chicken, salad, jacket pot, a couple of ladles of blue cheese dressing
Dinner: eggy in a basket (fried white bread and eggs)

Not feeling hopeful about Friday's weigh in, this is my first blow out!

Monday 1st February

Breakfast: banana, yoghurt, alpen light (HEXB)

Lunch: vegetable curry

Dinner: turkey cottage pie (2) topped with root veg mash and cheese (half HEXA), cabbage, broccoli

Snacks: milk in coffee (half HEXA)

Tuesday 2nd February

Breakfast: poached eggs, bacon medallions, grilled tomato

Lunch: Quorn burgers (1), bacon, cheese (half HEXA), salad, mayo (2)

Dinner: Honey and orange chicken (1.5), salad, chips/roasties made with olive oil (HEXB)

Snacks: Milk in coffees (half HEXA), orange

Back