Quorn curry
Slow cooked leg of lamb in a wine gravy
Leek and mushroom cannelloni
Autumn barley stew
Turkey burgers
Chicken tikka skewers
Turkey lasagne

Mmmmm nice! Room for a little one? :D

Wish i had your dedication to cook. But with my hours, i simply can't be a***d!

Sounds like a loss next week to me!

Well I put on 0.5pm last week. Don't feel so bad though as I didn't have a great week plus it's *week and oops I went to the pub last night. Wasn't so bad-only had 3 glasses of wine!

Well been in Cardiff all day Xmas shopping,got loads! Plus had a lovely lunch out at Prezzo - was semi good! But this was my meal off this week...

Thanks for all your messages-I'm quite excited about trying all these new meals. And I'm excited about writing this on hubby's ipod

Saturday 30th October

Breakfast:
Banana & apple

Lunch:
Shared: prosciutto, olives, tiny bit of foccacia, mozzarella and rocket
Followed by spaghetti with spicy tomato and king prawns. With some Parmesan
Then we shared some ice cream
Half a bottle wine and a limoncello

Dinner:
Quorn curry with green beans and cauli

Snacks:
Starbucks peach muffin-oops!

Total syns: flexi
Total speed:7

Last edited:
Happy Halloween everyone!!

Sunday 31st october

Breakfast:
Potato rosti
Beans
Grilled tomatoes

Lunch:
Chicken and bacon salad
Sweet chilli sauce 1.5 syns

Dinner:
Slow cooked leg of lamb in red wine 2 syns
Roasted veg with olive oil hexb
Speed veg-carrots,runner beans, broccoli, green beans, peas

Snacks etc:
Treat size crunchie 4 syns
Treat size chomp 2.5syns
Red wine 6 syns
Ff yoghurt
Pot noodle in a mug
Treat size curly wurly 3 syns

Total syns: 19
(bit over but will pull it back over the next couple of days)

Total speed: 8

Last edited:
Had a mega munchie day yesterday!! Did go over my syns slightly thanks to the unplanned glass of wine and choc attack!! But I'm not too bothered - will pull it back during the week.

My lamb last night was gorgeous. Firstly it was a bargain half leg of lamb from M&S - £10 reduced to £5.

I removed all the fat I could, then browned it off in a frying pan.
Added it to the slow cooker along with a huge wedged red onion, some garlic cloves and lots of chopped rosemary. Poured over 250ml red wine (8syns) and enough chicken stock to cover the veg and come about 2/3 up the lamb leg.

Cooked this on low for 8 hours - turning the lamb over halfway through.

When cooked I removed the lamb, and pulled apart into big chunks.
I removed the veg etc from the sauce and let it cool for a bit to enable me to remove any fat which had settled on the top.
I then reduced this down, added some balsamic vinegar, a touch of redcurrant jelly (0.5syn a tsp) and some mint sauce. I then added some instant mash to thicken, and added the lamb back in to heat through into the gravy.
It was truly scrummy xx

Right, come on Sarah, let's have a good week and a loss next week...
I ate shockingly all week, but last night came down with a tummy bug that has kept me up all night. Feel lousy at my desk this morning, but on the upside had an undeserved STS!
Every cloud eh?! ;)

Monday 1st November - Green

Breakfast:
WM toast (HEXB)
Beans

Lunch:
Ainsley spice sensation couscous - 0.5syns for a third of the pack
With speed veggies leftover from last night - carrot, green beans, broccoli, runner beans, peas
And salad veggies - toms, celery, cucumber, red pepper

Dinner:
Leek and mushroom canneloni with garlic & herb philly (HEXB) (adapted from dudette's recipe off the philly website)
Topped with cheddar & Pecorino (HEXA)
Served with salad & EL salad cream (1syn)

Snacks etc:
Melon
Satsuma
Apple
Batchelors pasta in a mug
Treat size crunchie (4syns)

Total syns: 5.5syns

Total Speed: 10

Last edited:
Right, come on Sarah, let's have a good week and a loss next week...
I ate shockingly all week, but last night came down with a tummy bug that has kept me up all night. Feel lousy at my desk this morning, but on the upside had an undeserved STS!
Every cloud eh?! ;)

Sorry you're feeling yucky - but there is always that one benefit to tummy bugs :p

I am sooo determined this week - I'm making sure I eat loads of speed foods and Saturday was my only 'day off' - I will be 100% for the rest of the week. Aiming for 2lb minimum :eek:
Well... we'll see anyway.

WE CAN DO IT !

Good luck for this week, you're off to a good start, I'm sure you'll get those 2 pounds off.

Thanks hun! I hope so... I'm feeling very determined :p

Well I managed to claw back some syns yesterday - only had 5.5!
On with today!!

Tuesday 2nd November - Green

Breakfast:
WM Toast (HEXB)
EL soft cheese (part HEXA)
Sliced tomatoes

Lunch:
Cous cous and speed veggies as yesterday (0.5syns)

Dinner:
Autumn barley stew - from slow cooker thread. Absolutely packed with veggies! At least 3 full portions of speed veg... (0.5syns)
Topped with RF cheddar (HEXA)
Served with 1 small slice WM (half HEXB)

Snacks etc:
Melon
Strawberry cheesecake muller 1 syn
2 x satsumas
Time Out bar - 4 syns
Alpen light (half HEXB)
4xcolin caterpillar sweets (8 syns)
2 Apples

Total Syns: 14

Total Speed: 10

Exercise: 1hr walking around town

Last edited:
Today WILL be a fab day!
Dinner is already cooked thanks to slow cooker doing the hard work making the stew overnight, so I have NO excuses!

Plus... I am slowly succeeding my mini target of fitting into size 16s - my work trousers are 16s, and I'm fitting into my old 16 jeans, plus loose tops and dresses.
Not everything though - slimmer fitting tops in a 16 do fit... they just look awful! Same with some 16 trousers too.
Going to try on my suit later - hopefully that should fit now fingers crossed

Let us know how the stew goes!
It's a great feeling shrinking into smaller clothes isn't it?! I probably look muffin-top-a-licious in the 14s I've bought recently, but as long as the button does up... ;)
And I am sure they will get more comfy in 20lbs' time :)

Trouble is because most of it is new - I've convinced myself I would probably have fitted into it anyway. I don't really feel as though I've dropped a dress size although when I first joined slimming world about 4 yrs ago my start weight was 13st 7 and I KNOW I was a comfortable 16 then so that's kinda the weight I'm aiming for now...

And during that same stint with SW I managed to get down to 12st 9 and I remember being so happy that I could go out and buy size 14s - so fingers crossed those 22lb will come off quicker than it has so far!!

Hmmm lunchtime trips to the supermarket are not good - just means I'm spending more money!
Treated myself to a strawberry cheesecake muller - yum for only 1syn! And some Time-Out bars for only 4syns each... and they're slightly bigger than the treat size crunchie's I seem to be obsessed with recently!!

Well done on the size 16 clothes! It's a great feeling to fit into smaller clothes...I remember when I first did SW and went to River Island one day to try a pair of size 16 jeans and they fitted...I got my (then) boyfriend to take loads of pictures!!! (Now I can look at them and kick myself for letting myself go up 2 dress sizes!)

You'll get there again hun, just stick at it xx
Do you know how much you weighed when you got into them?

That's what I have problems with - corresponding weight to size... as it's not a particular weight I want to be!

If you knew what weight you were at least you'd know what to aim for x

Back