Sarah83's New Diary

It's stunning - just read through the thread and take all the tips about making the base really thin, cooking it both sides before topping etc. Ok the base doesn't taste exactly like a pizza base, but the combo of that with the tomato, cheese and toppings really hits the spot.
Hmm... got a feeling I'm going to be eating Smash pizza a bit more often now

Never tried the smash pizza, probably because i don't like smash! But i may give it a go, as I LOVE pizza :) Got the passata, mozz, basil, pesto, rocket, red onions and chicken in! Mmmm

Try it!
I never eat smash as mash... tend to have it in as a syn free way to thicken up my slow cooker dishes. But I'll be getting a few more packs for future pizzas I think. I just use the Tesco value stuff - much cheaper than smash

Happy Monday everyone!! :wave_cry:

I had a fab weekend in the end... although not very saintly on the food front...

Friday after work we decided to treat ourselves to a new duck feather duvet and pillows pre-xmas from John Lewis... mmm... they're so nice and cosy too! BUT we ended up going to Wagamamas for tea as well! I had a prawn dish with sticky rice and maybe some coconut sauce :p oh and some Low fat frozen choc yoghurt for dessert. Naughty I know but it was low fat!

Then Saturday we were out for my friends birthday, ended up having dressed crab then monkfish - was v. tasty!! And was good and drunk wine with the meal then diet coke in the club along with some dancing.

Sunday lunch was fab as well, shared some olives to start, then had a not so saintly starter - chorizo and egg florentine on a little piece of focaccia. Then I had pollack served with mussels and cockles on a bed of rice.

And after my naughty week last week I somehow managed to scrape a completely undeserved 1lb loss!!! So I'm really pleased about that and will be trying really hard again this week - hoping to get into the 13's in the next couple of weeks!!

Day 1 - 100%

Bit of a wierd week - still got lots in the freezer I need to eat through plus got a couple of long days away with work. Fingers crossed I will stick to plan 100% Mon - Thurs. With a meal out Friday where I'll make some good choices (hopefully!!)

Monday 18th October - Green

Breakfast:
WM Toast (HEXB)
Baked beans

Lunch: (mmm looking forward to this)
Shredded iceberb lettuce
Cherry vine tomatoes and cucumber
Pasta mixed with EL mayo (0.5syns), grated cheddar (HEXA), sweetcorn & spring onion
With lots of black pepper - yum

Dinner:
Mushroom stroganoff (1.5syns for creme fraiche)
SF chips

Snacks: Apple, melon & strawberries, plum

Total Syns: 2 planned
Max 20 syns to be consumed Mon - Thurs.

Last edited:
They are gorgeous! Not too expensive either - £50 for an all seasons duvet (9.5 + 3.5tog) and £14.50 for each pillow
I'm going to be very sad having to get up super-early tomorrow for my meeting in Doncaster!

Firstly - WELL DONE on your loss lovely!!!! Excellent news!! :D

and secondly…….hmmmmmmm, hmmmmm, hmmm - your weekend meals sound DEEEEELISH! :drool:….and well done on hitting the diet coke once you got to the club - I bet you felt so much better for it the next day and all that dancing will have cancelled out the wine surely!! ;)

You know I really did feel fantastic not drinking in the club!! It was so nice waking up on Sunday without a hangover, although I was feeling a bit tired as we didn't get in until gone 1.30 and had to get up fairly early!

:wave_cry: Hi everyone ((comes creeping in with tail between the legs)) :break_diet:

Well needless to say last week was a very bad week...
I had my meals out over the weekend and decided to just let the bad week continue!! In my defence I have been totally full up with a cold since Tuesday so didn't have the energy to face cooking at all.

So I struggled through work all week, locked myself inside all day Saturday keeping as warm as poss and slowly started to get back on track Sunday... (I'm a really bad patient - don't cope very well with being ill!! :rolleyes:)

Luckily throughout all of this I managed to only put on half a pound even though my week included pizza, cake, pastry and chocolate. Not in large quantities as I was feeling yucky so that's probably why I got away with it.

Didn't have a 100% day yesterday (some crisps and a few choccies snuck into my mouth!!) but I did have a bit of a cooking fest!!
Made Britmum's carrot and orange cake (yum although did turn out a bit like burnt-souffle and does still have that eggy texture which SW cakes have...), made the syn free onion chutney which is stunning and I will now be having on everything!! Plus a huge vat of leek, potato and watercress soup!

So roll on 100% for the rest of the week!

Day 1 - 100%

Monday 25th October - Extra Easy

Breakfast:
WM Toast (HEXB)
Scrambled eggs & Syn free onion chutney (yum yum think I may become addicted to this!!)

Lunch:
Leek, potato and watercress soup

Dinner:
Chicken and chickpea tagine (1syn)
Boiled rice

Snacks/Syns etc:
Half HEXA used for milk in coffee
banana, strawberries, plum
vanilla Activia FF yog (Absolutely delish - 100times nicer than mullerlight vanilla)
Orange and carrot cake (1.5syns)
Treat size crunchie (4syns) and curly wurly (3 syns)
WM Toast (3syns) topped with cheddar (half HEXA) and SF onion chutney

Total syns: 12.5

Last edited:
Hey. Congrats on getting back on the wagon :) Your bad week sounds tasty, if not rather naughty :eek: And that 1/2 lb will fall off in no time!

I must must must remember to do some batch cooking! But it's sooo cold, I would rather watch tv with a lemsip!

Onwards with your 100% week :)

That was my main problem last week - I just couldn't face standing in the kitchen cooking as I was feeling so rough. Hopefully that pesky half lb will come off in no time - I'm aiming for a 2lb loss on Saturday, but not sure if I'm being a bit over-zealous!!
Batch cooking is good - I love my slow cooker - it's a 6.5ltr one so makes 6-8 portions so perfect for mega batch cooking!!
Just a pain when the freezer is so full you can't fit anything else in lol

it's probably just snot weight from your cold...

One of my biggest dillemma from this cold I've got now is how on earth one person can produce so much snot!! I just don't get it!! :eek:
Oh well that was probably TMI - sorry if I put anyone off their food lol!!

Blew it

Tuesday 26th October - Green

Breakfast:
WM Nimble (HEXB)
Spaghetti hoops
Cheese (HEXA)

Lunch:
Leek, potato and watercress soup

Dinner:
Large glass of red wine, Dominos pizza, treat size crunchie, treat size fudge.
AAAGGGHHH

Snacks/Syns etc:
TBC

Total Syns: Way way way too many

Last edited:
I bought a Halloween bucket of treat size choccies from Tesco - only £5 but they're all 3-4syns each. Crunchies, chomps, curly wurlies and fudge bars - yum yum yum
Managed to restrict myself to 2 last night. Just.

VERY hard to resist

Back