Sarah83's New Diary

Mmmmmm! You have more willpower than me! Can't have anything like that around. Not a big chocolate eater, but if it's there, then it gets eaten!

Remember to save some for the trick or treaters! :D

I know - me and hubby have been restricting ourselves.
Funny really... I always buy loads of sweets or chocs for the trick or treaters even though we only ever get a couple!!
He he more for me!!

I bought a big bag of those treat size Cadbury bars a month or so ago.... bad, bad move. I was wrong when I thought I could limit myself to 1-2 a day. Very wrong...
Going to have a baking session at the weekend for the trick or treaters. Then might well end up switching all the lights off, pretending I'm not in and scoffing the lot.

Baking is a big problem for me. I would love to be able to bake lots of tasty cakes for everyone, but I would HAVE to test the mix to check it's ok, then I would have to test a cake as soon as it was out of the oven, plus would have to test one cold as well.
Can never be too careful ya know!!

I love baking too and I'm just not quite warming to the eggy based SW cakes... the texture is just not quite there

Well I completely blew it yesterday by showing zero willpower when my hubby suggested we have a takeaway.
And to make it worse, as we didn't have any cash on us and the nearest cash machine is a 15min walk, we decided to pop to the local for a drink so we could get cashback - grrrr.
Oh well back on the wagon

Today WILL be 100%

I'm really pleased today. Was supposed to be in Leeds for a meeting but don't need to go anymore. Would have been a 5.30am start :eek: plus a buffet to manage through so I have no excuses today!

Wednesday 27th October - Green

Breakfast:
WM Toast
Spaghetti Hoops

Lunch:
M&S vegetarian sushi (1syn)

Dinner:
Spaghetti
Veggies (spring onions, peas, green beans, rocket)
Philly light garlic & herb (half HEXB & 1syn)
Pecorino (half HEXA)

Snacks etc:
Banana
Alpen light (half HEXB)
2 apples
Coffeemate - 1syn
2 Satsumas
Thai mugshot (0.5 syns)
Half HEXA used in coffee (well kinda - I only had one!)
Treat size crunchie (4syns)

Total Syns: 7.5

Exercise: 1hr walking round town, 30min walk to the shops and back

Last edited:
I bet that pizza was gooooooood ;)
As long as you've hopped back on track I don't think it matters. I ate pretty much my body weight in pasta and SW carbonara last night - scales were showing 1lb up this morning! So I probably gobbled as many calories as you in sheer quantity... oops :)

Mmm your seafood carbonara did sound yummy - did you just replace the bacon with seafood? What seafood did you use?

I am back on track. This is why my losses are so slow... I am incabable of sticking to plan for the whole week. Really need to get my bum in gear though - my xmas party is 6 weeks away and I would love to lose lots and lots by then so I can look half decent!

I'm going to start exercising more too - inspired by Maximus's thread, I'm vowing to go for a walk every lunchtime it's dry - an hour a day of brisk walking really could make a big difference if I stick at it.
Also I'm going to restart (again) my Wii Active 30 day challenge after work starting tonight as my cold is finally starting to shift and my chest isn't as tight today.
I will get that 2.5stone shiny by xmas!!

I made carbonara with fromage frais, philidelphia and garlic (I can still taste the garlic ;) ), then added sautéed leek, mussels and prawns. Very quick and easy! Maybe it's not really carbonara without mushroom and bacon, but that's what I call it!

I have done about 10-11 weeks of regular exercise now, and it is hard to know whether the difference in my body is due to exercise or dieting but I am definitely getting less wobbly. Slowly but surely that it, there's still plenty of wobble for the time being!

Less wobble would be sooo good.

Well I went out for a brisk lunchtime walk but ended up going to Peacocks and buying some sleepsuits for my niece who is arriving in Feb... oh and some PJs for me. Hmm I am going to have to curb spending if I'm going to do it every day.

I was upset too - really fancied a Jacket potato from the new Spud-u-like in town but got there to find out it's not actually open yet! :mad:
So I had some yummy veg sushi from M&S instead - only 1syn

Oooh just made an exciting discovery - our local co-op has started selling mugshots yay!! Previously I could only get them from Tesco online plus they've got more flavours.
Just tried the thai and really enjoyed it. It was half a syn but well worth it - quite spicy and creamy and with a nice zing.
Also picked up pot noodle in a mug and Batchelors cup a pasta. All free and I've never been able to get hold of them before - yay!!

I'm also a good girl and swayed everyone away from having a carvery tonight - I know I could have changed my day to extra easy but it's all about moderation and although my carvery would have been SW friendly there would have been A LOT of it so not a good idea after last nights glitch!

100% Day

I am going to do red days today and tomorrow - eek! I rarely do red days as I love my carbs too much so hopefully I'll cope ok and not be too hungry :confused:

Thursday 28th October - Red

Breakfast:
WM Bread (HEXB)
Bacon with fat removed (and given to cat :p)
Sliced tomatoes
SF onion chutney

Lunch:
Mixed salad veggies
Ham
HB Egg
1tbsp Helmans EL Mayo (0.5 syns)

Dinner:
HM Donner kebab - 1 syn
Co-op WM pitta (HEXB)
Lots of salad
Hellmans EL mayo with some garlic salt mixed in (1syn)
Olives (1syn)

Snacks etc:
Activia FF vanilla yoghurt
2 x Satsumas
Apple
Banana
5 x M&S curiously strong mints (0.5syns)
Ham and 2x LC deli lights (half HEXA)
Milk for coffee (half HEXA)
Mini choc twister lolly (2syns)
Treat size crunchie (4syns)

Total Syns: 10

Exercise: 30mins walking home as on the train

Last edited:
I'm always wary of doing red days, as i'm not really a big meat eater! But yours does look nice. And i must look up the chutney recipe. Mmmmmmm onion chutney. Hope you enjoy your red days!

Thanks - I'm not a big meat eater either but I'm sure they will help as I won't be feasting on carbs!!
Aiming to do EE at weekends now and alternating between red & green in the week. Strange don't know why but I always feel like EE is more naughty than the old red & green...

Happy Friday everyone!!!

Well my red day yesterday went pretty well - for some reason I was starving all morning though (hence all the fruit consumed!!)
The doner kebab was LOVELY - huge thumbs up from hubby as well - although he was stuffed having 2 pitta breads! Plus first time I'd tried the co-op wholemeal pittas and they were really nice too, as well as the salad yum yum yum.
However maybe a bit too yummy as the original recipe did serve 4 and we managed to eat it between the two of us :eek: - although I did use 400g mince rather than 500g. I know it's all free but I'm sure that much red meat can't be good for you!

So... I've planned my meals for next week and restricting my red meat to one portion next week (slow cooked leg of lamb on Sunday :drool: )

My day off will be Saturday - we're going into Cardiff Christmas shopping and will go out for lunch too. Not sure where - maybe Prezzo as they have a 2 main courses for £10 offer on... plus I'll be enjoying some wine too no doubt ;)
I will try and pick well though and keep my breakfast and tea syn free and neutral so I can chop and change my day around.

Well impressed we're doing the shopping early - I usually leave it all until December! Just hope it stays dry and doesn't rain all day...

Oh and my *week has started so I feel rubbish today. Just hope the chocolate monster doesn't attack tonight - will save most of my syns for then just in case!

Well done on your 100% day Sarah :) :)
Once you have done one I think it's easier to turn it into 2, 3, 4....
Well done on your Christmas shopping plans, I lazily do a lot of it by internet! :)

Friday 29th October - Red

Breakfast:
WM Toast (HEXB)
Scrambled eggs
Ham
SF onion chutney

Lunch:
Turkey salad bowl

Dinner:
Chicken breasts stuffed with philly light garlic & herb (2syns)
Wrapped in bacon (fat removed)
Carrots
Green beans
Cauliflower

Snacks etc:
Banana
Activia FF yoghurt
2 x satsumas

Total Syns: 2 planned

Exercise: 1hr walk around town

Last edited:
Well done on your Christmas shopping plans, I lazily do a lot of it by internet! :)

I do a lot online too, or via trusty argos which coincidentally is about a 2min walk from my house!

But nothing beats proper xmas shopping! Just hope it's not too mega busy...

My goals for next week:
· Eat at least 10 portions of speed or superspeed a day
· At least 1/3 of lunches and dinners superfree
· Try a new recipe every day

So I've got a Tesco delivery coming on Sunday with loads of speed veggies and these are the meals I'm planning on trying:

Quorn curry
Slow cooked leg of lamb in a wine gravy
Leek and mushroom cannelloni
Autumn barley stew
Turkey burgers
Chicken tikka skewers
Turkey lasagne

I'm also going to start my EA Active challenge - either tonight depending on how I'm feeling or tomorrow. Along with walking more. I'll add all exercise into my diary too

Back