Sarah83's New Diary

Thanks Donna - I'm on there now and am going to totally have to buy something!!! I thought I could stop at just looking in John Lewis, clearly not

Right I ordered a:
  • Cookies and Caramel crunch mini wreath - £6 down to £3
  • The Christmas Dinner (look quite small, may be low in syns??) £7 down to £2.10
  • The milk fruit & nut wreath - where it all started!

Last edited:
look quite small, may be low in syns??

Ha ha, wishful thinking?!
I reckon the syn value should be reduced by the same % as the price, as they're too bargainacious to be synful ;)

What an amazing revelation, from now on I will only by reduced food!
Can't wait for it to come now everything looked so gorgeous!

Had a terrible job making my mind up what to have for tea, decided on breadcrumbed chicken goujons yum

Need to make sure I plan properly next week- I feel totally out of control without my list of everything I'm supposed to be eating!

I love hotel chocolat stuff! 2 Christmases ago my husband bought me a 1 kg selection, it was fantastic...and I had managed to make it last a couple of months too, but mainly because I was pregnant and suffering from morning sickness lol!

Ha Ha!!
Luckily I think my hubby will eat most of it tbh - I'm happy as long as I get a little taste!
And the Christmas Dinner is probably the only one I will syn properly as they're individual. I'm reckoning they'll only be 4-5 syns each so not so bad... ;)

Kibou - well done on making your chocolate last a couple of months (even if it wasn't completely in your control!)

Did pretty good syns wise yesterday, so pleased about that. Plus I've got lots more energy this morning so the early morning routine is finally kicking in!

Also very pleased the predicted snow weather warning didn't really happen. Would probably have had about an inch or two but it started raining at some point in the night, so all that was left was slush :D

Other news is I've booked with a friend to go and see Avenue Q at Cardiff's Millennium Centre theatre in June. It's a kinda adult version of the muppets and looks really funny. Has anyone seen it before? Pretty good deal too - it's £20 for the Friday 5.30pm - one of the best seats. Love going to the theatre!

Friday 7th January - Extra Easy

Breakfast:
5 mini quiches

Lunch:
Turkey Salad

Dinner:
Spaghetti bolognese
Cheddar - HEXA

Snacks/Drinks:
Coffees x 1 - 1 syn for milk
SF squash
Water
Diet coke
2 apples
Pear
2 large glasses wine - 16 syns
3 chocs (from box of chocs) - all shared with hubby - 3 syns

Total Syns: 20 (good job I saved syns from yesterday)

Exercise: none

Last edited:
I've been wanting to see Avenue Q for years now and am so excited it's going on tour this year. I'm hoping to see it in Sheffield in April! Great minds eh?!

Well done on keeping the syns low yesterday - I bet you'll have an amazing loss tomorrow :)

I've been wanting to see Avenue Q for years now and am so excited it's going on tour this year. I'm hoping to see it in Sheffield in April! Great minds eh?!

Well done on keeping the syns low yesterday - I bet you'll have an amazing loss tomorrow :)

Enjoy Avenue Q, the gorgeous Daniel from BBC1's Joseph is in it - he is much more tasty than hotel chocolat!

TBH I didn't really know what it was. But oops I went home and told hubby and he was soooo jealous! I'll love it though!!
My friend was on about Daniel and said he's amazing, not sure if he's going round the tour.
I don't think my choccie is due to come until Monday...

Yay 2.5lbs off! Not bad for 5 days. This brings me back into the 13s and only 1.5lbs off getting my 2 stone sticker back.
Would love another 2 next week but we'll see. I may well be away with work for a couple of days next week so that could be a bit of a set back... But hey every challenge as it comes.

Planning on staying pretty much on plan this weekend EXCEPT hubby decided to bring home cupcakes from a new shop that's opened in Cardiff - they look gorgeous! He bought 5 but we're giving one to his sister, so we'll have the other 4 between us. I won't be counting these as the syns are probably astronomical - they are my weigh day treat! Will take a pic later!

Hope you all have a fab weekend x

Saturday 8th January - extra easy

Breakfast:
Sauteed potatoes
Fried egg
Grilled tomatoes and mushrooms

Lunch:
Cupcakes!!

Dinner:
Lamb kebab/meatballs
WM pitta (hexb)
Rice
Salad
Yoghurt and mint dressing

Snack/drinks:
Coffees - milk hexa
Hmm vodka and wine teehee

Total syns: flexi I guess!

Exercise: a good couple of miles walking round town and carrying heavy bags

Sunday 9th January - extra easy

Breakfast:
2 quorn sausages
Scrambled eggs
Beans
'fried' mushrooms

Lunch:
Lamb burger
1 LC deli light - 1/3 HEXA
Salad

Dinner:
Beef casserole (5 syns)
Roasted potatoes, parsnips & carrots
Olive oil (hexb)

Snacks/drinks:
Coffees - 2/3 hexa for milk
Sf squash
2 x vodkas & lemonade (5 syns)
5 x Choc festive friends bics - 5 syns
10 x gummy sweets - 5 syns

Total syns: 20 (will pull back tomorrow)

Exercise: lots of housework planned!

Last edited:
Thanks guys. Cupcakes were good! But got a bit of a sugar rush from the icing!! Definately a flexi day yesterday as I enjoyed a few glasses of wine too.

Having a thereputic day today... hubby's gone out with his mum and sister so I've been doing some tidying up. Picked up all the stuff I ordered in the Boots sale yesterday - OMG I've never seen so much stuff! I've taken a pic so will try and upload it later. Either way me and hubby won't be needing any shower gel, shampoo, face cream etc for a long long time! So I've been clearing through the bathroom and finding room for everything.

Also we've decided we're going to use our Christmas money to treat ourselves to a weekend in London for my birthday in March. Hilton have a weekend sale on so I'm going to book us into the Hilton Docklands - only £266 for 3 nights B&B for both of us! So I'm going to spend the afternoon looking for discount entry tickets for everywhere we fancy going. Can't wait now.

Back