Sarah83's New Diary

Great bargain on the hotel! I know there's a london pass that you can buy for a day or more and it gives you free entry to loads of major attractions and free bus and metro too I think x

kibou1 said:
Great bargain on the hotel! I know there's a london pass that you can buy for a day or more and it gives you free entry to loads of major attractions and free bus and metro too I think x

I've seen that but tbh most of the places we're going are free anyway - museums. Plus I'm going to use clubcard vouchers for entry into London aquarium and the eye - 2 of the main 'paid' places we want to go. Going to get oyster cards to get around as tbh we'll probably walk most places.
So hotel is booked, megabus is booked, can't wait now! Last time I went to London, not with work, was for my hen weekend 5 years ago. Hubby hasn't been since we went together about 8 years ago!

Monday 10th January - Extra Easy

Breakfast:
WM Toast (HEXB)
Tinned cherry tomatoes
1 tsp Clover light - 1 syn

Lunch:
Broccoli and Stilton Soup - 3.5syns

Dinner:
Tesco HL Chicken in tomato & basil sauce
New Potatoes
Carrots, green beans, peas

Snacks/Drinks:
Coffees x 1 (HEXA)
Water
SF Squash
Go Ahead crispy yoghurt bar thing - 7 syns
Carrot Sticks
Apple
Half a lamb burger
Half a lc deli light - part of hexa
1 x coffee - part of hexa
Thai mugshot - 0.5 syn
6 x gummy sweets - 3 syns

Total Syns: 15

Exercise: None probably as the predicted rain arrived...

Last edited:
Hi Sarah, it's peeing it down here, I wouldn't risk that walk ;)
You always have such yummy sounding breakfasts, I should really make an effort to have a proper breakfast but just can't face it first thing. Too lazy :)

They still don't fill me up though. I was starving at 10 (although not sure whether that was real hunger or mental hunger) and couldn't face fruit... so I veered to the vending machine. Luckily picked the lowest syn option in a Go Ahead bar!

I love the tinned cherry tomatoes - the Tesco finest ones. Feels like a bit of an extravagance for brekkie but they are so much tastier than normal tinned tomatoes...

Also, I forgot to say hubby popped to Asda while he was out with his mum yesterday so I got him to pick me up some chickpea dahl!! I had it once before and thought it was really nice - and so easy to have a syn free tinned meal. Will make some tasty lunches!

Just read on my diary that you're not feeling motivated today.
Pull yourself together woman ;)
Just think, you can eat and eat and eat on SW with no repurcussions. There's really no way you can't stick to it!
Make yourself a list of your favourite SW treats and promise yourself one per night this week to finish off each 100% day.
I'm planning rice pudding, Solero, Curly wurly and (I'm quite excited about this one) low fat custard with bananas (I read in the most recent mag it's 2.5 syns per 100g so I could have a whole tin for 10 syns...). And half the time I'm so full after dinner that I don't even have whatever I was planning, but the thought of it keeps me on track throughout the day :)

or plan to have your top 5 SW meals this week.

You can SO do it. Imagine what you want to look like by your birthday when you swan around London, imagine yourself in a sundress in the summer. it'd be great to be slimmer, right? Or at least to lookas great as you do now. Imagine yourself at those two events a stone heavier than you are now. Gutted, no?
Come on hun, we can SOOO do it, think about your time on SW last year. I don't know about you but I don't remember it as a gruelling struggle or anything, I remember it being absolutely fine. So another year on plan can also be :)

You are SO right.
I am subsequently giving myself a big kick up the bum!

I honestly think I've just been feeling a bit sorry for myself and that's what's made me lose focus... Going back to work is getting me down with redundancy much closer on the horizen now we're in the new year. Plus trying for a baby is taking longer than planned too... guess it's all just getting me down a bit. On top of the weather being miserable and hardly ever seeing sunlight in the week!

And I would love to be 1 stone lighter by my birthday which I should be able to do no problem as it's in 2 months. It means that all my 16s which fit uncomfortably at the mo, will fit beautifully by then! Also when I went to SW class a few years ago - I got down to a size 14 when I got to 12.5 stone so may be close to that too!

One thing I think I need to do is plan my food for work a bit better... at the mo I take in my lunch, as well as fruit. But sometimes I really fancy something more than fruit. I think I'll start taking something stodgier in - mugshots, cooked meat slices, mini-quiches etc.

I would rep you but got to spread it around it a bit first!

Good call, sometimes fruit just doesn't cut it.
Since I've been taking in soup I am always scared that I won't be full after, so I carry a trusty cup-a-pasta / mugshot around with me. I hardly ever have one, but I think knowing I have the option keeps me satisfied.
I also have scan bran in my desk drawer, in case I get really desperate!!

I don't know much about trying for a baby, but i think it's entirely normal for it to take anything up to a year. One of the unfair things in life is that some women get knocked up by accident after a one off, whereas others try and follow all the rules and guidelines and it takes ages to conceive. At least it's fun trying! But I can imagine it is disappointing each time * week comes around. Just think, each time it gives you a month's head start to get skinnier before bubba makes you gain weight again, and I reckon that every pound you lose will help make you more likely to catch a tadpole :)

:( don't feel sorry for yourself, put it down to January blues. Redundancy sucks, but it gives you an opportunity to try out something new perhaps, which can sometimes be loads of fun! I've got to start job hunting myself soon, bad times!

I have every faith in you managing your birthday target, and you will feel AMAZING for it :)

You kick me, I kick you - win win :D

(I too am jealous of your breakfasts. Weetabix is about my limit..)

I don't know much about trying for a baby, but i think it's entirely normal for it to take anything up to a year.

That is true, and I honestly wouldn't mind the wait, but we're under slightly more pressure time-wise as ideally I wanted to be able to be on maternity leave before our office shuts to be entitled to my full maternity pay... the fact that we don't know when that's going to be isn't helping either - it could be anytime after October.

Weight-wise I'm hoping to learn off my sister in law, she's due 25th Feb and she's put on a grand total of 9lb!! She credits the lack of vino drinking for this... :rolleyes:

Redundancy sucks, but it gives you an opportunity to try out something new perhaps, which can sometimes be loads of fun!

That is so true and I'm honestly not that worried about finding another job, the trouble is I want baby to be on the way so my head's in the right place to know what I'm looking for (if that makes any sense from my confused mind!!)

Sorry to be a whinger, I think it probably is the January blues. And I shouldn't be blue - I've got a weekend in London to look forward to... yay!

How are YOU going to manage 9 months without wine??!!

Ha Ha!!
I'll be honest, I haven't really thought about it yet :eek:... I'm just hoping I go the way she did and actually go off it... :confused:

If I don't I will be on the hunt for a tasty alcohol free variety (does that even exist!!??)

Tuesday 11th January - Green

Breakfast:
WM Toast (HEXB)
Beans
'Fried egg'

Lunch:
M&S Veggie sushi - 1.5syns

Dinner:
Nigel Slaters Winter lemon roast (Potatoes, jerusalem artichokes, lemon)
Olive oil - HEXB
Parmesan shavings - part HEXA
HUGE Salad
Balsamic dressing - 0.5syns
7 olives - 1 syn
Chopped up cheddar - hexa

Snacks/Drinks:
Coffee x 3 - part HEXA
SF Squash
Water
Pear
6 x Cadbury Festive friends biccies - 6 syns

Total Syns: 9

Exercise: 45min walk around town lunchtime and same again after work

Last edited:
I don't know what happened yesterday - I was SO hungry all day...

So I'm on a green day today to try and combat this... and so far so good - my extra egg with my beans for breakfast has meant I'm not hungry yet...

Looking forward to trying the Jerusalem artichokes for the first time tonight... just hope I like them! Got chickpea dahl on standby if not!!

Got my Littlewoods sale stuff through the post yesterday... I got some half price Sketchers tone-up trainers. I LOVE the flip flops and lived in them through the summer, so hope the trainers are just as comfy - not sure if they really did anything in terms of toning up, but they helped my posture no end. Going to wear them round the house a bit first before I commit though as I usually have problems with shoes rubbing... and they were quite pricy, but half price - £120 to £60!

I always see the adverts for those magic shoes and wish that spending £120 really would give me a backside like the models! More like £12000 for some sort of surgery :)
Was tempted by some reebok reetone(?) trainers, but I don't think I'd get the use out of them. My trouble is I don't really walk anywhere, and I don't think they'd be quite so effective if I wore them driving / sitting on the sofa!

I think I missed the boat with the sales this year (apart from hotel chocolate of course...) as once I started looking around I couldn't find any clothes I liked that weren't size 6 or size 20. And I thought buying a size 6 might be slightly too ambitious! I reckon I'll be a comfortable size 14 even at target :)

Good luck with the artichokes ;)

I think the toning part with those shoes is a load of rubbish tbh, and I love the way the models walk around in hot-pants and trainers - like you'd excersise wearing that!!
It's the posture benefits that I love - I always used to get terrible lower back pain whenever I walked a fair distance (and I LOVE walking out and about) but in my tone-up flip flops that pain disappeared as it obviously aligned my posture correctly. So for me spending the money is totally worth it... and it'll get me through a weekend walking around London that's for sure.

There's a DVD with the trainers too... no idea what that's all about!

Trouble is they're not very pretty... but I do tend to go for comfort usually!

You're right though - you'd probably have to walk a fair bit to notice the benefit

Plus trying for a baby is taking longer than planned too... guess it's all just getting me down a bit.

S - really feel for you, we struggled with TTC, hence the huge age gap between noah and meg, message me if you want to talk about it because i know how truly awful it is, hope you are feeling a bit brighter today, thanks for all lovely messages on my diary x

S - really feel for you, we struggled with TTC, hence the huge age gap between noah and meg, message me if you want to talk about it because i know how truly awful it is, hope you are feeling a bit brighter today, thanks for all lovely messages on my diary x

Thanks hun. Trouble is it hasn't even been long enough to really start worrying - we're in the 5th month of trying. It's just the timescale pressure more than anything. I'll let you know if I want to talk about it - thanks xxx

I picked up an ovulation kit today as well to use next month, which should hopefully help... funnily enough there are a couple more girls in work doing the same so at least we can muddle through together!

Funny old day today - complete opposite to yesterday when I was starving ALL DAY.
Today I managed to have brekkie at 6.30am, then didn't eat anything until 1.45pm!!
I went out lunchtime to make the most of the sunshine, so didn't have time to have my soup - so I picked up some M&S veggie sushi instead, yum!

Hope you're all having a good day :p

Back