Sarah83's Tasty Food Diary

I know I'm really excited about fishy week!! Might have a sneaky check on the scales tomorrow... can't believe the losses some people are having!!
Plans for the rest of the week:
Thursday lunch: Smoked salmon pate/quiche/salad
Thursday dinner: King prawn risotto or curry
Friday lunch: Tuna pasta salad
Friday dinner??? Not sure... starting to run out of ideas, won't be doing another shop by then so either Birdseye salmon (again) or I might make tuna fishcakes and salad

I'm happy doing a fishy five days... not sure I'd manage a full week tbh

I don't know what's wrong with me since I got back from camping but I seem to have this unstoppable appetite...

Not sure if it's because the weather's gone a bit yucky and I've gone into comfort food mode, or if it's anything to do with my fishy week. Can't see why though as I'm still eating carbs, and my portions aren't smaller - aaagh!! :eating:

I've just got home and gobbled down 2 seafood sticks, and I've just demolished a pot of Total 0% mixed with sweetner and white choc options, raspberries and strawberries. First time I've had that and it was stunning... but I'm still hungry :eek:

As long as you eat free food, you can eat as much as you want (well at least until you're not hungry anymore!). Good luck for your fishy week. When do you weigh in?

Thanks Kibou. It's just wierd for me to be so hungry through the day... never mind just need to make sure I stay away from the choccies lol!!

Now I've got my own scales I'm going to be weighing in on a Saturday morning (was a Thursday lunchtime before), so two more fishy days to go... can't believe the amazing losses people have been having

Ah thanks guys. Did have a sneaky peek on the scales this morning (I knew getting some was a bad idea!) and since Monday I've lost another 1.5 - that's 3.5 this week in total so far!!
Can't wait to see what it is on 'official' WI on Saturday although appreciate it is down to a combo of new scales, fishy week, and a longer week as last WI on Thursday.
Still really pleased though!!

Fishy Week - Day 5

Been thinking I'll probably stick to EE overall from now on - I definately think I eat less on EE as I'm conscious about the 1/3 superfree so keeping my carbs down and eating more veg, plus I'm restricting myself on the Healthy Extras (I've eaten hardly any cheese this week - got to be a good thing!)
So I'm going to stick with EE overall as it's worked really well for my weightloss this week, then throw in some green or red days if I fancy a change.

Anyway on with today, this week seems to be going so slowly - I'm still tired from camping on the weekend! Looking forward to Saturday - visiting the Gower in Swansea with MIL, never been before and it's meant to be beautiful

Thursday 22nd July - EE

Breakfast: 2 coffees with dash of milk from HexA, tinned mackerel in tom sauce on WM toast (HexB)

Throughout the morning: 2 x 750ml bottle water, toffee muller, carrot sticks

Lunch: Tuna pasta salad with celery, cucumber, pepper, spring onion, sweetcorn and EL mayo (1syn)

Edit - made me feel a bit sick so only ate half of it. Hmmm I wonder if my body has had enough of fish already...

Throughout the afternoon: More water, apple, pear

Dinner: Ooops fish week over. Had a delish carvery with turkey and beef (skin removed), new pots, peas, sweetcorn, carrots and a little dollop of gravy (3syns). And I resisted having a glass of wine and had a diet coke instead (shine my halo!!)

For pud at home had SF jelly terrine with raspberries and strawberries, served with 12.5g Anchor Light squirty. 1.5syns in total (well a bit less in fact as only had a quarter of the jelly) Gorgeous pud!
Then I had 3 M&S Operetta chocs - 10.5 syns

Total Syns: 16

Syns remaining for the week (tomorrow!): 20

Last edited:
Had a nice theraputic walk into town and popped into Evans to see if anything was left in the sale. I tried on a size 16 Top, dress and skirt just to check the tops the other week weren't a fluke and they fitted - yay!
Didn't get them though, can't really afford a splurge at the mo but still felt good.

I might venture into some other shops and try on their 16's but I'm scared nowhere else will fit as Evans is more generous on sizes

Well done for fitting into size 16. Sometimes just trying clothes that fit is enough for a moral boost. Keep your money to buy size 14, you'll get there soon ;-)

Thanks hun. Looking back to when I did SW before, I started fitting into 14s at about 12.5st so fingers crossed I'll get there a bit quicker than I have so far!

Well... fishy week is officially over!! I felt sick eating my tuna pasta for lunch and could only manage half (not sure if it was the mayo or the tuna as not a huge fan) and that was it then... couldn't face any more fish!!

So we went for a carvery for dinner - and it was delish too and completely SW friendly (apart from the gravy which I'll have to count)
Yum yum it was good having meat.
I am currently cooking the salmon I marinated for tea though - will have it for lunch tomorrow instead!

Ohhh Sarah carvery, yum, I have been eating far too little where I've been so busy at work, am really struggling tonight so I forced myself for a dose of minimins so that I refocus on the job at hand - have started reading your diary you've got some great tips and meal ideas, can't wait to read all of it! Good luck for WI this week, donnax

I think carvery is the most SW friendly meal out, coz you can completely control what you're eating and I love that. My plate was piled as high as everyone elses... just without the naughty yorkies, stuffing and roasties. But I didn't feel like I missed out at all.

Thanks Donna, we can pinch ideas off each other!! x

Not feeling great this morning - got shooting pains in my tummy, feel a bit dizzy and keep feeling really hot and sick. Uh oh hope the sickness bug flying round the office hasn't caught up with me... :9529:

Friday 23rd July - EE

Breakfast: Beans on 2 small slices of WM (HexB) with 21g RF cheddar (1/2 HexA). Coffee with splash of milk (depending on dinner will count, or include in HexA)

Throughout the morning: 750ml bottle water, muller

Lunch: Still feeling a bit yucky so couldn't manage the salmon quiche I'd made. Instead I had a nice walk into town and picked up some Total 0% which I stirred the Belgian choc options in with some strawberries. Delish and really hit the spot (2syns)

Dinner: 250g McCains rustic oven chips - 2.5syns. Not that impressed, prefer my SW chips but guess they're good when you can't be bothered to cook. With beans and fried egg.

Then after dinner I had a packet of velvet crunch (4.5syns) ooooh and 4 vodka and diet cherry cokes ! (10syns)

Total Syns: 19 - all within my weekly limit yay!

Last edited:
I'm over the moon, I lost 5lb this week yay!!!

:party0019:

This was due to a combination of things...
1. I weighed 2 days later than usual
2. I weighed on new scales (but I did weigh on Mon on them and had only lost 2lb, so at least 3lbs were true ! ;))
3. I did 3.5 fishy days!

It's given me huge motivation to carry on and make me truly believe I can do this!

So yesterday was a good day. Went to Aberdare Park with DH, MIL and her partner... and Ellie my SIL's Jack Russell.

Had a lovely time walking, met lots of dogs, Ellie had a nice swim and we were watching the swifts swoop around us looking for insects! Must have walked for a good 3 hours, then I resisted a cake in the cafe (having put an Alpen light bar in my bag before we left just in case!)

Saturday 24th July - EE

Breakfast: Sweetened fromage frais with strawberries and raspberries

Lunch: Mac cheese pasta n sauce, with sweetcorn,
ham, onion, tomatoes, made with some of HexA milk and LF spread (2syns in total as shared with DH)

Afternoon: 2 coffees made with some of HexA milk, Alpen light (half HexB)

Dinner: Mmmm delish. Had griddled steak, new potatoes sauteed in olive oil (other half HexB), garlic mushrooms (1syn for LF spread), freshly podded peas and green beans, served with Schwartz creamy peppercorn sauce made with HexA milk. It's 4.5 syns a sachet and we only ate about half so I'll count 2 syns just in case.

Drinks (oops!): vodka lime and soda before dinner (2.5) then quite a bit of red wine. Gonna count 34 syns just to be on the safe side. It's ok though as I'll take it out of my weekly allowance

Total Syns: 39.5

Syns remaining for the week: 65.5

Your dinner sounds yummy! I'm having a carvery for lunch and reading you food diary has made me very hungry!! Roll on 12:30 :0)

Mmmm I love carvery - it's the best! I love how you can pile your plate high but keep it SW friendly
Hope you enjoy it... x

Sunday 25th July - EE

Can feel already it's going to be a bit of a picky day

Breakfast: Lots of coffee with HexA milk. Crosse & Blackwell 4kids veg ravioli. Couldn't find the syn value but it's the same nutritional value as the Branston one (suspect it's the same just rebranded!!) So counting 0.5syns

Lunch: Salad with mixed leaves, tomatoes, cucumber, spring onion, sweetcorn, fresh peas, ham, HB egg, pickled onions and cauli
Followed by total 0% mixed with belgian choc options (new addiction) with loadsa strawberries (2syns). Snacked on a few seafood sticks too

Dinner: Slow cooked beef curry a la Delia with rice, carrots, green beans and brocolli. Wasn't impressed with the curry so didn't eat too much
Loadsa cherries afterwards

Supper: LF supernoodles, and a chunk of toblerone (2syns??)

Total Syns: 4.5
Oops - missed my HexB

Syns remaining for the week: 61

Got back on the wii fit too, did 35mins

Last edited:
Best buy of the week:

Co-op mini ham joint - £4

Absolutely stunning, you can slice off thinly or chunk it, and it's really tasty. The fat can be cut off really easily too.

Will be buying this more often me thinks...

Back