Sarah83's Tasty Food Diary

oohhh thanks Sarah. Sounds very yummy. That's tomorrows breakfast sorted :)

Let me know tomorrow if you liked it... we'll have to compare!

Well done on your weight loss. I love Bryn Meadows but can only afford to go once every 2 years. Lucky you getting cheap goodies from there. We must live close to each other - I'm in Blackwood.

Hi Knitter. I'm in Pontypridd so not quite as close as you are!
Really sad though - my friend who was taking us isn't very well so we couldn't go in the end :cry:

I love Bryn Meadows - we went at the beginning of the day for a spa day, it's not too bad - only £12 for the day to use the facilities (plus your treatments of course) but we got free back massages at the last sales night we went to. I love the pools there...

I went for the day with a friend and think the facilities are great. My OH bought me a massage the other Christmas and it was fab. How do you find out about the sale?

My friend is on their mailing list so gets emails whenever there's a sale on. There's usually 2 a year - around Jun/July then just before xmas. When I know about the xmas one I'll let you know... not quite as healthy then though - mulled wine and mince pies!

I just went for the day back in Jan and just stayed in the pools and sauna, didn't have any treatments. Still had a fab day though x

Magic Porridge - The verdict!

Well I tried the magic porridge this morning, with a vanilla muller and some chopped strawberries and it was really nice! I usually go for something on toast for brekkie but this made a really nice change!

So for today...

Friday 9th July - Red
Breakfast: Magic Porridge with strawberries (HexB)
Throughout the morning: Absolutely starving today for some reason. Had a 750ml bottle water, a bottle of diet coke, 2 bananas

Lunch (about 11.45): Turkey Salad
This afternoon: I couldn't help myself, I NEEDED chocolate so the evil work vending machine beckoned. Went for a Bueno (eeek - 12syns!!). Then had a nectarine

Dinner:
Edit - ended up going out for dinner after the food festival (knew that would happen!). Going to count 60 syns for the day to count wine, tasters I got at the food festival (Very proud - I stayed away from all choccies, ice cream and cakes so didn't have much), and dinner at cafe rouge - shared bread and dips for starter oops, then had a salmon nicoise for main...

Last edited:
Let me know if it satisfied you till lunch, I found it did, Glad you liked it. :)

Let me know if it satisfied you till lunch, I found it did, Glad you liked it. :)

It didn't but then again I have my brekkie at 6am so would be lucky if anything satisfied me that long. So I had 2 bananas before eating my salad about 11.45!!
Mind you I seem to have a non-stop appetite today... which is not a good thing as me and hubby have now decided to pop down to the International Food & Drink Festival in Cardiff Bay after work - aaagh! :eek:
Will be really really nice but must resist having too many tasters... or spending a fortune on yummy things I'm not really allowed to have.
Will keep away from the choccie stalls and stick to the cheese and meat and olive stalls lol. There's a farmers market there too so hopefully some nice fresh fruit and veg too

yum the meatballs and potatoes sound delicious can I come for dinner? gonna have to dig my July issues out now

They're really tasty actually (obviously I had to have a taste when I made them on Wednesday!!) - lightly seasoned with cumin and paprika. Did seem a bit wierd making meatballs and a tomato sauce without adding all the Italian flavourings in I normally do!
I love looking through old magazines and trying different recipes, can't wait for the new one to get to the shops now...

Have a great time at the food festival. I can't go near places like that without coming home laden with goodies ususally not SW friendly too. Thanks for the info about Bryn Meadows.

Hope you have a fab time :)

Hi Sarah,
I've just read your diary, your menus look good and I'm sure you'll get to your targets soon.
Hope you had a good time at the food festival...I love those kind of things...I always end up stuffing myself and spending a fortune though!

Damage done

Well we had a fab time at the food festival, managed to spend about £40 on not very much!! Got some lovely chorizo and a really delicious balsamic dressing I can't wait to try though...

Did have a few tasters, not too many though, but did have a couple of drinks walking round, then ended up at cafe rouge for dinner - eek :eek:
Didn't choose too badly though - going to count 60 syns for Friday

Saturday 10th July - M2M

Brunch: 'fried' egg, beans, Quorn sausages, cherry toms on toast (HexB)

Late lunch: Bolognese pasta n sauce

Dinner: Spanish Abodingas meatballs (finally!! Really good a couple of days later, the flavour was delish) with sauteed new potatoes (HexB) carrots and green beans

Drinks and snacks: Coffee with HexA milk, diet cherry coke, SF apple squash and soda, 4 chunks of toblerone (8syns)

Total Syns: 8

Syns remaining: 7/105

Hi guys,
wondered if you could help.
I started sw last week and I think I did really well in my first week but I only lost a pound. I would have been happy with that but my leader made me feel like I hadn't even tried and done it all wrong. I'm just wondering if anyone has any tips for me as I'm new to this.
Would very much appreciate any advice you can give.
Thanks,
Leah

Back