Sarah83's Tasty Food Diary

Well done on your 5lb loss, you must be well pleased,

Thank you, I am so pleased! Spurred me to carry on

Thanks Donna - it does show that the plan works as long as you stick with it!! Has spurred me on even more - I really want to be a size 16 in a month's time when I go on hols to Devon, but I'm not sure what weight that is.
I'm guessing I've got to lose another half a stone which I'm not sure I can do in a month... but I'll definately try!! :p

Clothes are another problem... I'm refusing to buy any more 18's and I've only got 1 pair of jeans, 1 pair of 3 quarters, and 2 work trousers that currently fit and aren't wrecked... this is proving to be a bit of a problem. So this is my other motivation for losing - to stop me wearing the same clothes all the time!!

Monday 26th July - EE

Breakfast: 1 coffee with splash milk from HexA. Magic porridge (HexB) made with vanilla muller, with strawbs and raspberries. Green tea when I got to work

Throughout the morning: 750ml bottle water, toffee muller, carrot sticks

Lunch: Salad made with little gem, cucumber, toms, pepper, red onion, pickled onion, celery, HB egg and 1tbsp EL salad cream (1syn)

Throughout the afternoon: 750ml bottle water, 2 apples. When I got home - mini choc twister (2syns) and a HB egg

Dinner: Egg fried rice with loadsa veggies - mange touts, spring onions, mushrooms, water chestnuts, peas, sweetcorn. Cooked with soy sauce, 5 spice and chunks of ham, and a splash of sweet chilli (0.5syns)
After dinner I had a Toy Story Calypso freeze pop - syn free yay!

Also had a bag of velvet crunch (4syns)

Total Syns: 7.5

Syns remaining for the week: 53.5

Exercise: 1.5miles walking as train home rather than lift. 26 mins in my wii fit piggy (oh and my wii fit told me that I'd lost 2lb since yesterday, not likely me thinks!!)

Last edited:
Tuesday 27th July - EE

Breakfast: 2 coffees with milk from HexA. Beans on toast (HexB)
I know naughty me for having no superfree - but I really struggle at brekkie

Throughout the morning: Green tea, 750ml bottle water, Nothing to eat as was in meetings all morning - my growling tummy was not very happy!!

Lunch: Salad made with lettuce, pepper, red onion, cuc, toms, HB egg and FF cottage cheese

Throughout the afternoon: 5 pic n mix sweets (2.5syns), 5 M&S curiously strong mints (0.5syns), Alpen light (3.5syns)

Dinner: Went to the pub and Wagamama's with a friend (first time I'd been there) - it was really nice... but here's the estimated damage:
Wine: approx 32 syns :eek:
2 Duck Gyozas @ 4syns each ??
A noodle dish with prawns and beancurd and lots of veg. Waitress spoke to chef to make sure not too much oil so going to guess at 5syns??

Total Syns: 51.5 :eek:

Syns remaining for the week: 2 syns until Friday!!
Ok not sure if I can manage that but will certainly keep them to an absolute minimum

Last edited:
Oooops - was a naughty girl last night. We weren't going to eat out but my friend managed to convince me. Thought I made pretty good food choices but really wish I hadn't drunk so much wine (boy am I feeling it today) and I regret those sweets and the Alpen light yesterday as at least that would have bought me a few more syns for the rest of the week...

Had a sneaky peak on the scales this morning and I'm +1lb. Hopefully can pull that back ready for Saturday but I'm definately not going to get the 2lbs I wanted for my 1.5 stone and club 10 :cry:

Only myself to blame though... but I had a lovely night as hadn't seen my friend for 3 months, and like I've always said, I can't let SW stop me from getting on with my life ;)

Wednesday 28th July - EE

Breakfast: 2 coffees with milk from HexA. Beans on toast (HexB)

Throughout the morning: Green tea, 750ml bottle water, orange and choc sprinkles muller

Lunch: Turkey salad bowl with lettuce, onion, cuc, toms

Throughout the afternoon: Pear, plum. When I got home I had a HB egg and some seafood sticks, and a coffee

Dinner: Spaghetti bolognese with a sprinkling of parmesan (part of HexA) with a few glasses of diet coke

Total Syns: None!! I know everyone says you can't restrict syns in this way, but I feel completely in control (and much less guilty) this way so it suits me!!

Last edited:
Hi,
Wagamama sounds good, as long as you enjoyed your night, the food and the wine and are able to draw a line under it then you'll be fine. Well done for getting back on track straight away. The roulade will be great if you have any sweet cravings (actually going to buy quark and make it tomorrow myself I think) and you could make a quiche if you fancy something savoury (although it might be rather a lot of eggs for one day!)

Thanks hun, it was a great night - I had a fab time!
Definately going to make the roulade... I've got blueberries and raspberries to sandwich in the middle too!
And I've been eating loads of eggs this week - new addiction is hard boiled eggs but I'll still make the roulade.

Was thinking of doing some Fry Light roast potatoes to keep in the fridge as a savoury snack... not superfree but better than having anything synful I reckon

Thursday 29th July - Green

Breakfast: Magic porridge (HexB) with strawbs, raspberries and blueberries. Made with vanilla muller. 1 coffee with splash of milk from HexA

Throughout the morning: Green tea, 750ml bottle water, vanilla and choc muller

Lunch: Salad: Mixed leaves, red onion, red pepper, cucumber, toms, Quorn fajita strips and cottage cheese. All eaten by 12.00 - absolutely starving today

Throughout the afternoon: 750ml bottle water, Pear, plum. Mugshot when I got home

Dinner: I changed the day to green so I could have extra HEX... made pasta with 1/3 cheese sauce (colemans sachet @7syns), mushrooms, garlic, spring onions and tomatoes, made with HEXA1 milk, HEXA2 cheese all for 2.5syns.

Followed by 1/4 of half syn roulade filled with raspberries and blueberries yum yum

As per seperate post have made a decision to take Tuesday as a flexi day, so will count up syns from the week based on 10 a day to try and compensate.

Total Syns: 2.5
Syns remaining for the week: 6/60

Exercise: 1 hour walking round town searching for some shoes...

Last edited:

Last edited:
I've decided that I'll take Friday's Wagamama Wine Fest as a flexi syn day, and use weekly syns for the rest of the week... basing on 10 a day to compensate.

Hopefully won't scupper my chances!! But I couldn't cope with none a day again!! :p

Have taken a sneaky peak on the scales this morning and I've STS, so doubt that's going to change by tomorrow but here's hoping!!

Very glad it's Friday - this week has been sooo long!! There's a food and agriculture festival going on in my local park this weekend (about 5mins walk for me) so really looking forward to wandering around there.
And there's a horse parade at 12 on Sunday so that'll be nice too. Hopefully not too many yummy treats to be tasted though!

Also on Saturday night me and DH are going to an engagement party - it's a couple from work and DH will only know about 3 people there :eek: so that'll be interesting!! Going to stick to Vodka and diet coke all night, and eat a big meal before we go. Really looking forward to it!!

Anyway food for today...

Friday 30th July - EE/Green/Red - who knows??! :confused:
Breakfast: 2 slices of WM (HexB) with 2 Laughing cow Extra Light (part of HexA) and sliced tomato. Really delish and has totally kept me going longer than normal... will be having this brekkie again

Throughout the morning: 2 x 750ml bottle water, toffee muller

Lunch: Quiche made with brocolli, fresh peas, spring onion and mint. Mixed with cottage cheese and egg, and topped with sliced toms. Hopefully will be really tasty, might post on the recipe thread if it is

Throughout the afternoon: 750ml bottle water, double espresso from machine in work - really tired so need a boost! Pear, apple

Dinner: Lets not talk about Friday night - involved wine (about 3/4 of a bottle) and a chinese.
I am pleased with my choices though - I ordered prawns with ginger and spring onion, and cooked batchelors chinese rice to go with... but I also pinched some of hubby's chicken chow mein and lemon chicken.
Bad girl bad girl

Total syns - off the scale!

Last edited:
:argh:
I just found out there's a buffet at the party tomorrow night.

I LOOOOOOVVE Buffets!!!

I must resist, I must resist, I must resist, I must resist

Yay I lost 1lb!!!
:bliss:

I'm so pleased about this... especially after my blip last night (food diary now amended :eek:) and my night out Tuesday.

Now am totally determined to have a good week... barriers are:
- Engagement party tonight including buffet
- Food festival tomorrow - tasties to try
- Away with work Wednesday - have coped pretty well with trips away recently though so should be ok

But I've started a Wii Fit challenge for August so that'll force me to go on it more... gotta help!

Saturday 31st July - Green

Breakfast: 1/4 of half syn roulade

Lunch: Mugshot, kitkat (5.5syns)

Dinner: Quorn burger with cheese and relish. Served with SW chips and salad. HexA & B and 2.5syns

Party Damage: 5 vodkas diet coke (12.5syns), glass of wine (6syns)
A small pakora type thing: 3??, and a mini chicken skewer: 3??

Then when we got home: egg on toast (HexB) with spread (2syns)

:party0023:

Total Syns: 34.5

Syns remaining for the week: 70.5/105

Excersise - 1 hours walking trying to find the party as we got lost!!

Last edited:
Had a really good time at the party last night, and didn't think it was too much damage considering...

And now it's August - where the hell has this year gone!! :eek:

Sunday 1st August - EE

Breakfast: Beans on toast (HEXB)

Lunch: 2 glasses of wine - oops!! (12syns)

Dinner: Beef casserole: Beef, new pots, swede, leek, celery, carrots, tinned toms, stock and a bit of wine. Around 0.5 syn a portion. With roast potatoes
Drinks/snacks: 3 coffees (1.5syns for milk), 1/4 of half syn roulade. Rice pudding for pud (HexA), choc mini twister (2syns)

Total Syns: 16

Syns remaining: 54.5/105

Last edited:
Glad your having a fab time, its very hard to not eat buffet food when its there on display calling your name. I always drive so at least that helps me keep off that problem.
Let us know how the food festival goes,

Food and agriculture festival was good - didn't buy anything but was nice to have a walk around, went with DH, MIL and SIL and their dog. There was a horse parade too which was lovely. Got loads of leaflets and free bags and pens too!!

But then we went to the pub and I was 'persuaded' to not have diet coke... so had wine for lunch instead!!

Casserole was really good too - have forgotten how nice it is to come home and smell a delicious dinner bubbling away ;)

Back