Sarah's 1st baby pregnancy diary

So how does the hairband fastening thing work? I've got my old 18 jeans which I've been wearing but it's work trousers I'm struggling with...
I think my problem is I just like shopping too much and like excuses to buy new clothes!

Get a hair band, push it through the button hole and back through its self so its totally fastened on to the button hole forming a loop, then hook the loop over the undone button, an instant extra couple of inches, works with trousers and skirts that have button fastening. Just use a longer top to cover the "v" gape

Thanks hun I'll try that! Wanted to today but my work trousers have got a seperate long fastening which flaps over the button so didn't work grrr...
Good news, one of my friends is selling her old angelsounds doppler, so I'll be buying that off her **for one of the girls at work** lol! We were going to get one anyway but she's selling hers for £5 so bargain! Unfortunately all the other stuff she's selling is pink, and we're not going to find out the sex so no good (shame - she was selling a moses basket and stand for £20!)

Making me think

HI There,

I have been married 5 years and with my husband for 8 and we have been considering having a baby..... I am not sure if I want to share him though and I am quite selfish ..... Your posts and your excitment about your forthcoming motherhood is contagious and actually made me smile while reading .... Maybe I should think about it some more ..??? Food for thought !! xxx

Thanks hun I'll try that! Wanted to today but my work trousers have got a seperate long fastening which flaps over the button so didn't work grrr...
Good news, one of my friends is selling her old angelsounds doppler, so I'll be buying that off her **for one of the girls at work** lol! We were going to get one anyway but she's selling hers for £5 so bargain! Unfortunately all the other stuff she's selling is pink, and we're not going to find out the sex so no good (shame - she was selling a moses basket and stand for £20!)

Be careful about buying a doppler, midwives will warn against it. You wont hear anything on them til about 5 months and its very positional depending on the baby. They are not as high tech as the hospital ones so won't always pick up the heartbeat, which leaves you worrying that something is wrong.

I'm not saying don't do it, just be aware its a bit of fun and not a home diagnostic test.

I have been married 5 years and with my husband for 8 and we have been considering having a baby..... I am not sure if I want to share him though and I am quite selfish ..... Your posts and your excitment about your forthcoming motherhood is contagious and actually made me smile while reading .... Maybe I should think about it some more ..??? Food for thought !! xxx

Hi hun,

We have quite similar situations then! I know what you mean though, I do keep thinking about how life will change completely after we have this baby, but I know it sounds silly and soppy but we're a proper lovey dovey couple - none of the sparkle has faded, we barely argue and can't get enough of each other. I think a baby will honestly complete us!
How old are you if you don't mind me asking? I felt quite strongly about wanting a baby before I turned 30, and due to my work situation I really didn't want to wait until I got made redundant, get a new job then wait again until I'm entitled to full maternity leave.

Only you two can make that decision though xx

Hey Sarah,

Glad your feeling a lot more positive :)

Great tip about the hair band, I have not got a bump but I have about bloating and my trousers are quite tight because I put on weight last year generally so they already snugg. But I am going to try this to give myself some relief from bloadedness - it is so uncomfortable. I would wear skirts as I feel more comfortable in them but it is too dame windy lol

Hi hun,

We have quite similar situations then! I know what you mean though, I do keep thinking about how life will change completely after we have this baby, but I know it sounds silly and soppy but we're a proper lovey dovey couple - none of the sparkle has faded, we barely argue and can't get enough of each other. I think a baby will honestly complete us!
How old are you if you don't mind me asking? I felt quite strongly about wanting a baby before I turned 30, and due to my work situation I really didn't want to wait until I got made redundant, get a new job then wait again until I'm entitled to full maternity leave.

Only you two can make that decision though xx

I will be 31 in August and my husband is 41 .... Not soppy at all its lovely to hear ... we are very loving to and still use pet names etc ... I know it sounds silly but I worry I will be jelous if he makes a fuss of the baby and does not have time to spend with me ..... I can never make decisions and struggle to decide what colour wallpaper to have let alone bringing a life into the world. I think it is made harder by the fact that none of our friends have babies so I dont even get to be around children that much ....:sigh: xxx

It's funny - we're not close to anyone with kids either. I'm an only child and am one of the youngest even in my extended family. Hubby only has cousins who have kids (and sees them very rarely).
But... one of my friends had a baby in October, and my SIL is due on the 25th Feb so very soon we're going to be around babies quite often!
On the other side I've got some friends who I know will never have kids, so I'm not sure what their reaction will be once we tell them about the baby.

I'm sure if anything it would go the other way - hubby would probably be jealous that all your attention was going on the baby lol!

Well today I feel awful - like I've got the hangover from hell (funny when I haven't had a drink for over 3 weeks).
I'm finding it a real struggle to do 5 full days in work with the tiredness I'm experiencing, so I've booked a few Fridays off over the next few weeks so I can have a shorter working week. I'm just so exhausted.

I'm meeting friends for drinks and food after work too, when I'll be persuading them that I can't drink because I'm on antibiotics ;). I really don't feel like it but I've already cancelled once so have to go...
All I want to do is sleep though :(

The tiredness in the first trimester was horrendous - i could sleep anywhere. Set a clock by nap times. And that hungover feeling!

It does go though.

Bless you ..... shorter weeks sound like a very good idea....... I will keep popping back to keep updated ... I bet you go red when you tell the porky later about Antibiotics !! lol xxx

Thanks hun! I know - I'm a terrible liar too!
The tiredness is horrible - at the moment I'm up at 6, out for work 7-6, then in bed usually by 8.30 - can't keep my eyes open after that! Last Friday when I had a day off it was lovely, I kept having naps through the day and was much perkier on the weekend, if only I could do that everyday!

Well it's my scan this afternoon and I'm feeling pretty anxious about it. Deep down I really think everything's ok, but I've still got that niggling worry...
And the anxiety is really not helping my nausea today.

I'm really hoping we'll find out everything is good and the baby's doing well, so I can go back to actually enjoying pregnancy!

Wish me luck!

All is good! I'm still measuring a bit small but we saw the baby and heartbeat, and have a photo too! Really happy, can start relaxing now!

Happy valentines day!xx

Thanks for your well wishes everyone. We really are so relieved all is good.

Feeling shattered today - haven't been sleeping well at all, just can't seem to get comfy. So I think an early finish and snooze on the sofa is in order!
My nausea seems to have gotten worse the last couple of days - I thought it was mainly anxiety yesterday but I feel the same today. LUCKILY I still haven't actually been sick (touch wood).
And I'm still not in the mood to cook or eat anything! I'm going to have to accept that my diet is off until I start feeling better. Just hoping that my pregnancy vitamins cover off everything I'm not eating...
Really hoping this will ease off soon, I'm such a foodie so it's very very strange being repulsed by the idea of cooking anything... plus Masterchef starts tomorrow and I want to be able to watch it without feeling sick lol ;)

I usually find watching and cooking food is fine, its eating a decent sized portion that does me in.

Great news on your scan btw! :D

Back