Sarah's 1st baby pregnancy diary

I really am hoping we can start enjoying it soon... Everyone keeps telling me that it does get better, I just hope they're right!

Morning everyone.

Well not wishing to be a moaning min again but I really do feel awful this morning with an even worse headache than yesterday, so I've bitten the bullet and taken some paracetemol. My MW said they're fine to take, I was just a bit cautious before. TBH I've not got much faith in them working though...
I'm supposed to be going out after work for a meal with the team, but if I'm still feeling like this I'm going to see if I can go home early.

The Davina workout never happened last night - I was too shattered so I had a heavenly bath instead! I could have stayed in there all night, it was lovely!

Oh and thanks to one of my pregnancy app updates this morning I have solved a mystery. For the last couple of weeks I have been getting a funny sharp shooty pain in either side of my abdomen (only lasts a second) when I stretch or twist, well I read today this is probably round ligament pain because of the ligaments stretching. Makes sense as it almost felt like stretching when it happened.

Got a nice weekend planned - even though it's going to get a bit cooler, going to see my SIL and baby niece tomorrow morning and give her the gorgeous little dress I bought her in the Monsoon sale, then a bit of shopping in the afternoon. Then a lazy day Sunday which might involve actually having a bit of a sort out if I get some energy back. Unfortunately it doesn't look as if my friend can bring the doppler over though as her little girl isn't very well, so I'll have to wait a bit longer to have a go on that ;)

Happy today as I am 13 weeks today!!

Congrats on the 13wk, mine is due on Monday yay and I get to see the little one again,hehe :)

Paracemotal is ok, I took it last night, slept form 5-7.30 woke up with worse headache, it really did help take the pain away :)

Sounds like a lovely weekend you have set up, hope you enjoy yourself :)

Take it easy and if you need time out then you can, you have to look after yourself and the bump :)

Well the paracetemol hasn't really helped although it may have dulled the headache slightly (although that could be a coincidence).
I feel awful needing time off and avoiding going out.
That's great you've got another scan, I wonder if they'll date you any different... I bet you can't wait! You'll have to let me know if yours is a wriggler - mine was sleeping when they did the scan, although my scan was only at 10+6 and I think they move less earlier anyway...

I wish I had another scan booked in, it seems like such a long time to wait until my 20 week scan! I'm hoping I'm one of the lucky ladies who feels their baby quite early - I'm getting impatient now, plus I think I just want the reassurance that everything is ok.

Aw it will come soon, I can not wait to found out what sex it is :)

Last scan was on Saturday and it was sleeping and refused to be woken lol

I've just been having a look online, and I might use my birthday money to pay for a private scan - it's £75 which I think is reasonable for peace of mind, and I was only going to spend the money on treating myself, and there's not really a better treat than seeing my baby again.
There's nothing wrong, I just feel like I need the reassurance now and the 13th May is a long time to wait... will have to see what hubby thinks

I would go for it, if it gives you peace of mind, I have had two private scans due to one wanting to know the dates and the other a scan. I know after 20wk scan I probably book another private scan as I want to know everything be ok, properly at 30wks and also to get a fnky 4d pic :)

I had a go on a Doppler today! Managed to find the HB for a couple of seconds - sounded like galloping horses! Ranged from 125-135 bpm. Heard the placenta loads swishing around, was fab!

Just had another go with the angelsounds one I've bought off my friend and found it properly! Wow absolutely amazing!
Sounded like a choochoo train!

Hi Ladies,

Just popping in to day hi and reassure that it does get better! I was so ill up until 14 weeks - vomiting etc and then day 1 of week 15 it stopped! Then slowley and surely up until week 20 i started to feel better - energy back, full of beans and from 20 - 32 weeks i was a different person! Bump appeared, loads of energy and all was brill!! So hang on in there ladies.!

I am 39 + 4 days now, due on Thursday and still feeling pretty OK, very awkward and uncomfortable and also terrifed and excited but OK all the same!

Thanks mitten! Good luck for your due date - hope it all goes well!

I have to say I've been feeling much better this weekend, not so tired and not a sign of that pesky headache. Hopefully this wasn't a weekend fluke and will continue!
I also managed to do the pregnancy davina workout which was really easy going and stretched me in all the right places.
Oh and we've had tons and I mean tons of baby clothes off my friend - all neutral whites, so I honestly don't think we'll need to buy any clothes!

They dated you differently again then, it's fab we're so close! How was the scan x

Yep they said between 13 and 1-3 days lol, they couldn't get accurate so went for 13+2 as they were tying so hard to strech the baby and it just kept flopping about like it couldn't be arsed (must take after mother, who loves her sleep ;) )lol

The scan was great which was at 1.30pm, everything is all hunky durry. I had to see a consultant after at 3.30pm which was an hr later (4.40). Because I am on anti-depressents and have OCD + clinical depression. They just see it as a risk factor so they keep an eye on my mental health, plus I have a cpn I see as well. They also told me I am rhesus negative and have to go back again to get the anti-d injection and now if I have any bleeding I have to ring them and proberly go to hospital to have an injection, great! Still at least baby be safe then and also want to test me for diabeties as I have a high BMI, fingers crossed in one sense I don't have it but as I have heard from my friend with diabetias through pregnancy a lot more scans and monitoring so selfish way you weren't mind it, in a sense of being cared for.
I haven eaten so much crap though today as I was their for 5hrs. I feel dreadful now though which is positive as tomorrow I want to eat more healthy - I think it is because most of the time I have cut the crap with the odd treat hear and there but went a bit bizurk due to nerves and comfort eating. But I am a happy bunny today :)

I have attached my scan from today as well :)

Ah what a gorgeous scan. I know what you mean about more care, would be much more reassuring.
Sounds like they're looking after you though which is a really good thing.
I've decided at the mo that I'm not going to go for a private scan - I wanted it mainly for reassurance and luckily the Doppler has given me that... For now anyway!

Awww great snap !!!

Just realised I haven't posted on here in a couple of days!

Well thanks to going to bed at 8pm the last couple of nights I actually feel much better in the days!! Headache hasn't reared its head and I don't feel as though I'm going to drop to sleep any second. So that's fab! :D

Also my boobs haven't been hurting as much, so much so I don't have to wear a bra in bed every night now. My bras do feel small on me still though as I haven't got round to going for another fitting (since the one I had at 5 weeks), so I really need to get that done soon. I suspect I've gone up at least one cup size if not two...

I also need to go shopping asap for a nice maternity dress... I've got a wedding and hubbys surprise birthday coming up in a couple of weeks. There is a gorgeous one I've seen in New Look so I'm going to pop in and try it on - it's only £18 too!

Oh and hubby bought the baby its first cuddly toy - a gorgeous cuddly bunny from Jojo Maman bebe... this is our first official baby purchase :eek: with many more to follow no doubt!

I think tomorrow is officially the start of my second trimester too which is fab - another milestone reached!

Back