Sarah's Diary - Total 41lb gone......59 to go!!

sarah-louise x

Silver Member
Hi,

Well today i have started my last ever diet plan and diary in my bid to shred off my body the last 78lbs of extra weight that iv gained and lost so many times over the years by one diet or another! I have lost 22lb over recent months but still have a way to go.

I would love to lose 30lbs by christmas but my ultimate goal is to lose the whole 78lbs by August 2012 for my brothers wedding and then my nieces wedding in October 2012 in Dominican.....Id love to wear a bikini for the first time ever in my life!!!

After reading so many inspiring stories on here, I think the only way to go is calorie counting. I have recently been following Weightwatchers but I was finding the points so long winded to work out that I was gettin lazy with pointing everything.

I have 2 children, 14 1/2 years and 2 yrs and Im single now after my relationship of 8 yrs broke down in April. I am due to start a new job this week and I feel very excited about my new life that I am creating.

I have looked into how many calories I need for my lifestyle and it stands at 1500 cals a day for me to have a target of 2lb loss a week......so wish me luck!!!

Thank you for taking the time to read my diary and following my progress xxx

Last edited:
Hi,

Well today i have started my last ever diet plan and diary in my bid to shred off my body 78lbs of extra weight that iv gained and lost so many times over the years by one diet or another!

I would love to lose 30lbs by christmas but my ultimate goal is to lose the whole 78lbs by August 2012 for my brothers wedding and then my nieces wedding in October 2012 in Dominican.....Id love to wear a bikini for the first time ever in my life!!!

After reading so many inspiring stories on here, I think the only way to go is calorie counting. I have recently been following Weightwatchers but I was finding the points so long winded to work out that I was gettin lazy with pointing everything.

I have 2 children, 14 1/2 years and 2 yrs and Im single now after my relationship of 8 yrs broke down in April. I am due to start a new job this week and I feel very excited about my new life that I am creating.

I have looked into how many calories I need for my lifestyle and it stands at 1500 cals a day for me to have a target of 2lb loss a week......so wish me luck!!!

Thank you for taking the time to read my diary and following my progress xxx

Good luck Sarah-Louise with your weight-loss journey....you are giving yourself a sensible amount of time so every success to you:)

Thank you very much, i really appreciate your reply :) this must be my most sensible diet to date which i think has been a major flaw in the past with my failing, Im very hopeful and looking forward to getting to see these pounds dwindle away :)

Good luck to you too, you seem to be off to a great start :)

Day One...

B/Fast - 1 pint skimmed milk allowence and 30g quaker oats 300cals
Lunch - Ham salad sandwich made with 2 x 30g slices of seeded bread. 125g pot low fat yoghurt and a small banana 340cal
Dinner - 200g chicken breast marinaded in garlic, ginger, low salt soy sauce, pepper and orange juice, with broccoli, cauliflower and 120g new potatoes with a serving of gravy and an orange with 125g pot low fat yoghurt for after 600cal
Snacks - Apple, 2x satsumas, 125g pot low fat yoghurt, 60cal slimasoup 250cal

Iv also made a real effort to drink loads of water and taken my dog for a walk after breakfast and another walked planned for after dinner :) Been a good day so far :)

Day 2...

Todays menu is as follows...

B/Fast - 1 pint skimmed milk and 50g quaker oats 370cal
Lunch - 400g can heinz vegetable soup with 1x 30g slice of seeded bread. 260cal
Dinner - 150g chicken breast marinaded in 9g fajita seasoning and 1/2 tin tomatoes with dry fried mixed pepper and onion served in a 60g wrap with a green salad of lettuce, cucumber, cherry tomato, cress and spring onion with fresh lemon dressing. 475cal
Snacks - 125g pot low fat yogurt, small banana, 2 satsumas, apple and a pear, 60 cal slim a soup 400cal

Not sure what my plans are today, probably catching up with chores as i start my new job tmrw so id like to make sure im up to date with everything :) x

Hi,

Well im on day 5 and still on plan :) Had a busy few days as I started my new job so had a 2 day induction ovet the wknd. I stayed on plan and took a packed lunch even tho there was a free canteen. Today my menu will be...

breakfast - 1 pint skimmed milk allowence, 50g oats
lucnch - 400g tin veg soup with 2 slices med bread, a pear and 125g pot low fat yoghurt.
Dinner - baked cod with home grown green beans, cauli and broccoli with fruit and low fat yoghurt for after. will tally up to 1500 cals for the day :) Not doing much in way of exercise today, just a few chores as too hot and iv had a head ache since last night :-( x

Week 2...

Ok so i had a great first week, i stuck to my 1500 cal a day plan 100% and was very pleased to lose 3.5lbs :) I have settled in to my new job well too and im adjusting to my new routine ok. Week 2 is off to a great start too and im hoping for a good lose on my 2nd weigh in on wednesday :) x

Week 3 .....

still going strong :) Iv actually not had time to go to my local health centre to get weighed but i think things are going in the right direction as i certainly feel slimmer :) Work is keeping me rather busy!! Iv worked the last 4 days, pretty full on 6 hr shifts with no rest bite so rather tiring but thats only a good thing. my work involves tons of walking, heavy lifting, squatting, stretching ect so its a work out in itself and i certainly feel like iv worked out by time i go home! Im thinking about incorporating some other exercise too tho like walking to and from work, swimming and particuarly interested in the vibration plate at my local gym so i might see if i can fit that in some where :) Over all, feeling very positive and looking forward to getting weighed and seeing how my measurements are changing too x

Glad to hear you're feeling positive and sticking to your plan :) I've just restarted my healthy eating plan today and I have really found posting my diary is keeping me motivated. :D

Glad to hear you're feeling positive and sticking to your plan :) I've just restarted my healthy eating plan today and I have really found posting my diary is keeping me motivated. :D

Thank u!! And good for u!!! Keeping a diary, even just for yourself is a good idea and i think it helps alot too :D Im going to get weighed in the morning so im hoping for a good loss :D Good luck with your new start, i look forward to seeing how u get on :D

Hello Sarah-Louise:wavey:
well done for staying focused, im sure you will be delighted at you weigh in tomorrow, but good luck with it although i dont think you'll need as its your determination that is getting you results, you're doing great hun, glad to hear the new job is working out for you, and some extra exercise is a great idea have a great day:)

Just a quick update.....

Had my weigh in and iv lost another 5lbs.....so pleased!!! Thats 8lbs off in 3 weeks :) roll on next wed :)

Thank u ladies for your kind words, i really appreciate the support :) u r both doing fine too, some good losses going on i see :) keep up the good work and i look forward to following your progress. have a good day :) x

Nice one 8lbs in 2 weeks is amazing keep up the great work x

Well done on 8lbs in 3 weeks, that's the way to do it!

Hi,

Sorry for lack of update lately, just been so busy and iv been unwell for the last 5 days or so which isnt good :( flu! I am still on my diet and my last weigh in last wed was 15st 3 lb :) which is 213lb, so a total loss of 12 so far. Id of liked to see a few less by now but I did have a couple of weeks not so focused so 12lb is still good :)

I hope everyone is still going strong, il have to pop by later and have a proper catch up :) x

Hi,

Well after much thought I have decided to change to The Cambridge Diet. Iv tried just about every diet going over the last few years, each with some short lived success. I have been casually calorie counting since end of july and have lost nearly a stone which is great, but as i have about another 5 stone to go, its going to take an eternity CCing and food shopping is so expensive its prob more cost effective for me to do CD and also, as i work very unsocial hours, I often skip meals as i just dont have time to make them all, which i think CD will solve as its minimal planning. Iv even done a time table round my hours to ensure I can have my shakes regardless of which shift I am on. It all seems to work out and I cant see any negative points to doing CD but can see many positives :D Iv even thought ahead to christmas and work parties and have a plan in mind that I will consider taking 2 days off plan for christmas but not over eat and avoid rubbish, and work parties are not an issue as i dont drink anyway so il be the one sober, catching all the scandals on camera :D:D:D

So, today I am seeing my CDC at 4pm and I am going to start tmrw as I have 10 days off work so its a good time for me to settle onto my new plan before I go back :)

Wish me luck!! x

Good luck, hope the new diet gets the pounds off :)

Thank u hunnie. Today i have decided to go back to good old fashioned healthy eating and exercise. I cant stick to CD so im not going to punish myself, il just carry on as i was before :D Good luck to u too on your journey!!!

Ok, so iv tried to do CD but its far too hard for me to stick to, i cant get food out of my head on it!!! Think of it more than ever so im now back on healthy eating/calorie counting with exercise. The weight will come off slower but if thats whats to be then il take it :) Iv got to go shopping now as Iv got very little in the house that i eat lol x

Back