Sarah's Exercise Diary

good price for them though.... mine are plain metal with black plates. they look very bulky

You'res look like proper weights though, mine look like candy bones! A bit too girly for my liking but they do the job and were very reasonably priced.

That's a good distance for a walk and plenty of calories burned!

Thanks. I do love walking. I used to walk a 5 mile round trip to work and back but when they made me redunadant and i had to get a new job there wasn't much scope for walking. The of course the dark nights came in and you just don't want to walk on your own in the dark. I did buy one of those manual treadmills in a effort to try and make sure i carried on walking but you get what you pay for and mine is complete rubbish. The incline is so steep you have to hold onto the top handles and the belt keeps moving. Very annoying, otherwise i would literally walk all night in front of the telly. But can't aford a new treadmill at the moment so never mind. I should have just sent the damn thing back!

Anyhow and today's exercise was.........

Walking

Went on a 5.05mile walk with my partner. Slightly brisker than yesterday. Took us just over 1hr 35mins and according to my watch i burnt off a total of 438 calories. Again, hopefully this should make up for me eating more syns that i should have this week. My heels are a bit sore, think i could do with some insoles for my trainers.

Wonder what exercise i will be able to do tomorrow. It's going to absolutely pee down where i am so might not be able to get out for a walk...... Might have to be the Kettlebell tomorrow.

That's good you've done another long walk,shame about your treadmill! I did my taebo this morning and me and the OH are going to walk the pup soon to some woods we've not taken her to before,hopefully the weather will hold!

That's good you've done another long walk,shame about your treadmill! I did my taebo this morning and me and the OH are going to walk the pup soon to some woods we've not taken her to before,hopefully the weather will hold!

Hope the weather holds out for you. It had just started to come down heavily when we returned from today's walk.

Today's exercise was....

Walking

We went out on what should have been a shorter walk than yesterday, but due to a slight misunderstanding over a public bridleway sign we ended up doing a 6.27 mile walk instead. Took us just under two hours and i burnt off 544 calories in the process. Will be home late from work most nights next week so will be back to DVD's until next weekend.

That's good that you will carry on exercising with DVDs instead.Rained when we first left yesterday but it soon cleared up :0) had a really good walk,am hoping to get the WW pedometer soon so can check my progress that way.Sounds like you had a really good walk aswell!

That's good that you will carry on exercising with DVDs instead.Rained when we first left yesterday but it soon cleared up :0) had a really good walk,am hoping to get the WW pedometer soon so can check my progress that way.Sounds like you had a really good walk aswell!

I loved it, my partner hated it. It was further than he wanted to go today and he's not a fan of walking. Felt a bit sorry for him in the end. Weighed in late this week as i like to weigh on the same scales and since i was at my partners i couldn't get weighed. I've lost another pound, i was hoping for 2 but one off given that i ate more syns than i actually had wasn't bad at all.

Tonight i think i willl shred.....

Well done on losing a pound,that's good that you still lost! Hope shred goes well,I've seen the thread for it,hard work but worth it!

well done on your loss. even though you wanted 2, 1lb is still excelent! at least your excerise is making you drop some weight :p i dont use weights to tone up, but i want to gain some size and its working. i ony want to gain some on my arms and slowly im getting there.
getting a new programme for biceps on saturday, told the instructor 2 go easy on me, ill have done 3 classes before it!" wont go easy on me, said i sound lke im up for a challenge so hes going to make it hard and heavy. got a feeling ill have those bigger arms very very quick..... yay

well done on your loss. even though you wanted 2, 1lb is still excelent! at least your excerise is making you drop some weight :p i dont use weights to tone up, but i want to gain some size and its working. i ony want to gain some on my arms and slowly im getting there.
getting a new programme for biceps on saturday, told the instructor 2 go easy on me, ill have done 3 classes before it!" wont go easy on me, said i sound lke im up for a challenge so hes going to make it hard and heavy. got a feeling ill have those bigger arms very very quick..... yay

Wow your instructor sounds tough! Not sure i could manage!

Have forgotten to update for the last couple of days so here is what i have been up to.

Tuesday
30 Day Shred
Day 4 Level 1

Okay then. I seem to be managing most of the aerobic stuff quite well. However i just don't seem able to do the skipping rope. The girl who does the modified version barely leaves the floor but i just can't seem to get that little height off the floor, so have to either attmept to go higher (which kills) or modify it further by hoping from one foot to another rather than having both feet leave the ground. To be fair i was always rubbish with a skipping rope, even at school, and that’s how i always used to do it. Pushups are not coming easily and i'm still only able to do a couple of modified at a time and i'm not even sure i'm going down far enough but i'm trying and hopefully i will get there. The biggest issue is the ab work. I'm just not sure i'm doing it correctly at all. I'm still unable to time my breathing correctly but i'm sure that will come in time but i'm just not feeling anything at all on my stomach when i do them. Now i do have a fairly big belly which could explain why i'm not feeling anything, those muscles haven't really seen the light of day for years but i expected to feel something... Perhaps it will come in time? This is the only pitfall to watching a fitness dvd. There's no one on hand to say "you're not doing that quite right, let me show you."

Wednesday
Angie Miller's Kettlebell Bootcamp

OMG!!!!!! How hard was this!!!! After seeking some advice in the Kettlebell forum i decided i would do the warm up, attempt sets 1-4 and then do the stretch. I found the warm up slight frustrating as i have no natural sense of direction and kept getting the moves wrong even though they were fairly simple. I'm sure i'll get used to it once i've done it a few times. I then started on Set 1. The only move i managed properly was the double handed swing and boy was that exhausting, i could feel it pulling on the muscles in my stomach (proof at last that i still actually have some!) but the side lunges with the bell were very difficult and then when she speeded them up i left completely behind. I did as much as i could which to be fair was very little. Set 2 was the same, but by this point i was exhausted and struggling to do any of the moves. The double handed swing was the only one i could manage and i only managed a few reps of that because of the pull on my stomach. Finally i started set 3 and frankly turned if off after a few sessions. I honestly felt exhausted but so frustrated that i had managed so little. There are a lot of lunges and i'm just not sure i can manage even modified versions at the moment. Once i'd shut set 3 off i thought i'd better end with the stretches just to make sure i didn't hurt anything! Well you should have seen the move she did. There was no way i could have gotten so low down on the floor because i'm not flexible enough and it would kill my knees. I tried to a couple of the stretches i knew but not sure how effective they will be. Perhaps this was not the best kettlebell workout to start with!

Eek at the kettle bell work out!! Sounds exhausting! Know what you mean bout with exercising to a DVD that there is nobody to guide you.I always have watched mine when I first brought them to get a rough idea what is to be expected on there.

Wow your instructor sounds tough! Not sure i could manage!

they lie to push you past a limit.... they know i do alot of classes and like my weights so it wont be made easy. its dave thats doing my new programme, hes known for his hard programmes

Eek at the kettle bell work out!! Sounds exhausting! Know what you mean bout with exercising to a DVD that there is nobody to guide you.I always have watched mine when I first brought them to get a rough idea what is to be expected on there.

Oh i did sit and watch it through but it looked easy as i sat watching eating my tea! It's not till you get that bell in your hands and your throwing it about that you realise you have no stamina what so ever and you also have no balance! But i'm going to keep at it. I will probably do the intro a few times instead of the actual routine and once i get used to doing the moves it might be easier to have a go at the routine.

they lie to push you past a limit.... they know i do alot of classes and like my weights so it wont be made easy. its dave thats doing my new programme, hes known for his hard programmes

How's he doing with you're new routine? Are you still able to walk?

Well i've not done any exercise since Wednesday. I had a serious lapse of motivation but it hasn't hurt my weight loss as i am sporting a 2lb weight loss this week. Just one more pound and i will have lost half a stone. Woohoo!

Hope everyone else is doing well x

Oh i did sit and watch it through but it looked easy as i sat watching eating my tea! It's not till you get that bell in your hands and your throwing it about that you realise you have no stamina what so ever and you also have no balance! But i'm going to keep at it. I will probably do the intro a few times instead of the actual routine and once i get used to doing the moves it might be easier to have a go at the routine.

Well i've not done any exercise since Wednesday. I had a serious lapse of motivation but it hasn't hurt my weight loss as i am sporting a 2lb weight loss this week. Just one more pound and i will have lost half a stone. Woohoo!

the new programmes just my arms, biceps and triceps :) its hard.... but i love this new programme! low reps and high weights, it will get me my results i want within 4 -6 weeks he said :D thats if i stick to it that is...

carrot_tit said:

Well done with your weight loss! Might be worth doing the intro until you feel more comfortable with it as you say,know what you mean bout it looking a lot more easier to do while you are just watching it! Wi for me tomorrow,done my usual exercises this week but dug out my old Davina DVD just before and plan on giving that a go in the week,I remember there being plenty of cardio on it so am bound to struggle but it will be worth it!(I hope) lol

Thanks guys

So today's exercise was......

Angie Miller's Kettlebell Bootcamp.

So i tried the routine i mentioned before. I did her warm up, the introduction and the Stretch but added a few of my own leg stretches as i'm just not flexible enough to complete Angie's yet. So doing it this way means the workout is about 20mins long. I managed most of it, although i can't do the windmill's with the bell in the air. I can only do them with the bell by my side as my upper body strength is really poor. The only criticism i have is that when you are doing the single hand swaps (can't remember what she officially called them!) she instructed us to go back to doing double handed swings but didn't mention they would suddenly become single handed again and because i was looking straight forward i missed it happening. I also missed them swapping hands when doing single hand swings because she didn't actually say to swap, it just happened and again because i was looking forwards and not at the tv i missed it. Unless of course i was just concentrating so much i just didn't hear her? Anyway i think i'm just gonna keep at this until i perfect it before moving onto the actual workout.

Sounds like you are getting the hang of it then so thats good.Am sure the other moves will come with time.I looked Angie Miller up as hadn't heard of her before,I remember the kettle bells being used on the biggest loser and they looked hard work.

Sounds like you are getting the hang of it then so thats good.Am sure the other moves will come with time.I looked Angie Miller up as hadn't heard of her before,I remember the kettle bells being used on the biggest loser and they looked hard work.

I never saw that but i did see Jillian Michaels telling a couple of girls off at a weigh in the other day on Sky. My god that woman is harsh. She also exercised some poor guy till he threw up! She's proper scary. I've never seen the UK one but i might watch the first one just to see what happens when they exercise them.

No exercise for me yesterday. I had a day of rest as i appear to have hurt my back slightly. Not sure if i did it with the double handed swings or my very lame attempt at the windmill with the weight in the air.

I'm going to try again tonight and see how we do.

Back