Sarah's Exercise Diary

Sorry to hear you've hurt your back,hope all goes ok for you today,I did 40 minutes Davina DVD yesterday,it was hard work but I did better then I thought I would.

Not had time to update diary so here it is:

Tuesdays exercise was:

Angie Miller's Kettlebell Bootcamp

Again found it really hard, especially since my back is still a bit sore. The one thing i have noticed however is that during the tutorial the person demonstrating the moves does do reps for each side when demonstating them. Well why would she, its only the tutorial.... Not the workout. So i really need to ensure i get this right. Perhaps i need to invest in a different kettlebell dvd? Perhaps Amy Ben's beginners? Hmmmmmm what to do, what to do......

Wednesday

Day of rest in terms of exercise, however had a huge stress on with work and then had to take dogs to vets cos they're ill. I ate way too many syns yesterday. Don't get me wrong i had 90 at the start of yesterday but i ate 40.5 and i don't usually like to eat that many in one day, especially when i'm having to weigh in 2 days early this week. I'm probably not going to lose a lot this week!

Hi,might be worth looking around for different kettle bell DVD to get you started.Hope your back heals up soon and I also hope your dogs are better soon.Good luck for your wi.

Thought it was time for a update. Been sooooo bad this last couple of weeks. I've barely done any exercise and i've been drinking and eating so other than a couple of 20min walks i've done pretty much nothing. WI early last week and discovered i had stayed the same, this week however everything has caught up with me and i have gained 4lbs. Was hoping it wouldn't be quite so much but oh well, can't have everything. I'll be back on the wagon tomorrow and hopefully will at least get this 4lbs of this week. Having said that though it will be my TOTM this week so i guess it won't be a impressive weight loss.

Rather than buy another Kettlebell DVD i've decided to buy some smaller kettlebells as i think its the weight as much as anything else. I'm going to get a set that has a 2kg, 3kg and 4kg bells in it and see how i get on.

Managed to get 2lbs of the 4 off this week. Quite impressive given that i started my TOTM on Wednesday and i've done nothing but eat since then! I spent quite a bit of money today. I bought a new exercise mat, one that makes it so i don't still feel like i'm still sat on the bare floor and some new kettlebells. I really struggled to find decent cast iron ones in the smaller sizes for a decent price so i bought the York Vinyl set which comprises of a 2kg, 3kg and 4kg. The vinyl ones looks massive compared with the cast iron ones. My 2kg vinyl is about the same size as my 5kg cast iron one and the 4kg one looks massive! Anyway i'm going to start using them tomorrow. I think i'll be using the 3kg one for swinging and the 2kg one for my things like the windmill which really hurt my back and then i'll slowly move up. Fingers crossed.

This week has comprised mainly of walking.

Wednesday 06/05/12
Walking
2.3mile walk that took me ages because the 1st 1.1miles was all uphill and an absolute killer. But downhill on the way back so quite nice.

Friday
Walking
1mile walk that incorporated a supermarket visit and a trip to the chemist during which i forgot to pause my stopwatch so my mile long took me 34mins 2secs. Hardly mind blowing!

Sunday
Walking
3mile walk that took 51mins 47secs.

Need to up my game next week.

Well done on the two pound loss! That's good you've sorted yourself out with a decent exercise mat!Hope the different kettle bells work for you.Least you've done plenty of walking so that's good :0)

Wow i really ache today :( I'm not a happy bunny. But at least its exercise related and nothing else as i thought i was coming down with a cold. Anyhoo.... On to the update:

Monday
Rest Day
I usually rest on a Sunday but since we went for a walk i decided to rest on Monday instead. Not that i needed any rest, i've not exactly pushed the envelope out in terms of exercise!

Tuesday
Angie Miller's Kettlebell Bootcamp
So armed with my new tiny (in weight only, vinyl are huge compared with cast iron) kettlebells i decided to attack Angie's bootcamp in style. And boy can i feel it today...... Tbh i can't say i enjoyed the routine at all. It's just not inspiring me which means i'm going to struggle with it and give up in the long run. I just don't feel like she explains enough or gives enough notice when a routine is going to change.... Perhaps its just me but not sure i will be using Angie again for a while.

Wednesday
Mr Jonathon's Workout plus own warm up
So i didn't want to give up with the kettlebells but felt i had spent enough on dvd's recently (Angie's Kettlebell Bootcamp and the 30 Day Shred) so did a quick search on youtube and found Mr Jonathon's Beginners Kettlebell workout. It's on for 11mins and consists of several different moves all done for exactly one minute with a 5sec rest in between. I'm fine with the lower body stuff, although all the lunges and squats etc have killed my legs and knees. It did make me sweat and i did struggle to keep up but i felt much more positive afterwards i'd completed that than i did when i did Angie Millers. Obviously 11 mins isn't really enough so i added a 10min warm up before and a 10mins cool down afterwards along with stretches. Hopefully i will be able to walk in the morning.

Happy Exercising everyone

Oh and i also got my Slimming World Bronze Body Magic Award. Now lets get the Silver Award!

Last edited:
Hope you're feeling better today,that's good that you've found a kettle bell workout that you like and well done on getting your sw bronze award :0)

Thanks hun. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that i'll be able to get some weight off when i get weighed on Sunday. I did well for the most of the week but it all went up in the air on Friday evening and i've been bad today so i'm not holding out much hope of a loss this week. I only need another 3lbs to get my half stone award but i'd settle for 2 as that would get me back to the weight i was before i put the 4lb on. Fingers crossed.

Friday
Walking and Kettlebell's
Walked 3.81miles in 1hr 7mins 20secs which according to my garmin forerunner burnt off 333 calories. Probably not enough for what i've eaten but still. I also did a 10min kettlebell workout which really brought my heart rate up.

Fingers crossed for you for Sunday though I'm sure you will be fine.Bet the kettle bell work out took some more calories off!

Weighed in with a 1.5lb loss this week. Not bad considering i went over my syns limit (slimming world) by 53 syns this week which is quite a lot. So yesterday's exercise was......

Saturday
Walking
Walked 4.3miles in 1hr 20mins 37secs, burning off a total of 393 calories. Didn't do any kettlebell's yesterday as its really making my knees burn! This walk took me and my partner from my home village to the nearest town. It's quite hilly in places so it was quite a workout. Now a couple of years back i used to do this walk every saturday and i would walk back but my partner isn't fond of walking so seemed unfair to make him walk back as well so we hitched a ride home with my mum.

Trying to decide what will be on my exercise list for next week.

Happy exercising everyone x

Well done on the weight loss! Even better if you went over your syns! Got myself some weights today so will start using them this week.Walk you both did was still good :0) have a good week!

Thanks Bulldog. Hope you've had an equally good week. It's update time :)

Monday
Walking
6.54miles at 2hrs 27mins 45secs
Me and my partner headed down to Nottinghamshire and visited Rufford Park and Clumber Park. We did both walks and thoroughly enjoyed the day. Mind you we came home and ate way too much so i guess the 603 calories i burnt off during the walk won't really make an impact on this but i've been really good with my syns so far so hopefully this should help.

Tuesday
Rest
I just could not be bothered!

Wednesday
Jogging on the Spot with handweights for 30mins
I had planned on going out for a walk but as the time ticked on and i got busy with more and more things i just lost track of time and before i knew where i was it was 8.15pm and i just couldn't face the thought of going outside. But with me in the middle of the Silver Body Magic Challenge with slimming world i didn't want to not exercise and run the risk of failing it, espcially since i would then have to start again. I was going to kettlebell but for some reason it didn't appeal so i headed upstairs to collect my mini rebounder so that i could exercise on that. Now it's been a while since i last had this little piece of kit out but imagine my suprise my i discovered that someone had removed the legs in order to make it more storable but hadn't bothered to store the legs with the rebounder! Complete waste of my time so i went back downstairs.... I had pretty much planned on just jogging on the spot on the rebounder so i decided to just go for it but do it on my normal flooring. It's not been my most comfortable decision! You don't really notice when you walk but when your jogging everything really wobbles and well...... My bottom bounces worse then my boobs! OMG the pain!!! I'm going to have to look for the rear end eqivelent of the sports bra. No idea what i'm going to do exercise wise over the next few days. I'll probably drive my partner mad with walking but hey, its good for us both.

Happy exercising everyone x x

What a pain about the rebounder! Hope you have a good weekend anyhow and enjoy the walking you have planned,i've mainly done some dog walking but did use my weights in the week with some cardio..getting there ;0)

Friday
Crosstrainer 3.37miles in 30mins
Really, really, really didn't want to do any exercise today..... I've just had one of those really crappy days where you just think "Why do i bother?" I'm staying at my partners this weekend and he and his family decided they would have fish and chips for tea. I decided to be good and make Spag Bol. Whilst i was cooking it my partner commented that it smelt funny... Different to how it usually smells.... I was making it the same way as always, just with different mince. I checked the label on the mince and it was nicely in date so i just ignored the comments. Finally it was made and it was AWFUL! The mince was chewy and full of fat. Makes me shudder just thinking about it. So i decided to have a pasta and sauce and a bit of bacon and that was awful as well. Sigh. Anyway i think i felt rotten because despite having a good week with food, i took a sneaky weigh in this morning and discovered that so far i've only lost half a pound! I need at least 1.5lbs to get my half stone award. So i decided i'd better drag my fat ass off the sofa and do some exercise. Since i'd not fetched any of my weights with me i decided to have a go on my partner's crosstrainer. It was the longest 30mins ever! So dull. Anyway i burnt off 460 calories. Will have to go for a walk tomorrow, at least the scenery changes.

Happy Exercising x

Well done on the workout but sorry to hear about the food,I had that recently with some chicken I brought and had to throw it away! Nightmare!

Thanks Bulldog, it's made me so weary of beef mince. I'm such a fussy eater and i can't stand finding lumps or hard things in food i know should be soft. Plus it was 4quid a packet cos it was supposed to be extra lean!

Saturday
30mins High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT)
3.85miles on the crosstrainer. Did a 5min warm up, followed by 30secs as fast as i could and 2mins at an average pace. Its actually really difficult to do on the crosstrainer as it starts to feel very unstable and my feet kept leaving the peddles! I hoped it would make the session on the crosstrainer more interesting but it didn't. It still felt so long!!!!!! I can't understand what has happened as i used to love exercising on the crosstrainer.... Hmmmm. Still it apparently burnt off 475 calories. Which i hope goes some way to assisting with the fact that i seem to have eaten so many syns in the last couple of days. I did have them to eat but it still seems way too much to use in just a couple of days. Weigh in tomorrow, fingers crossed.

Happy exercising everyone x

Hope all goes well for tomorrow's wi! Shame even though you tried something different on the cross trainer it was still boring!i always find good music helps me along on my exercise bike.Maybe you're eating more cos you're doing more cardio!

So behind with this yet again! I had a 1lb gain last week which i was really upset about. So this week i've been following the advice of someone else on the slimming world forum who has been adding lemon to pretty much everything. Anyway update for this week:

Monday
10mins Kettlebells
Just did a workout i found on Youtube. Nothing major.

Tuesday
30mins Walking the Dog
Took my German Shepherd Diesel out for a walk. Wasn't far, just over a mile but it was the slowest walk i've ever done! The dog is a nightmare to walk! So barely any calories burnt off this day!

Wednesday
Rest
Just could not be bothered really

Thursday
30mins Aerobic Rebounder/Kettlebells
So i finally found the legs for my mini trampoline and decided i would go for a jog on it. OMG the noise!!!! It was so awful. I managed about 20mins before i decided sod this and did 10mins on the kettlebells instead. Still waiting for my new kettlebell dvd to arrive.

Friday
30mins Walking the Dog
Took one of my other dogs Stumpy out for a walk. Slight better than Diesel but he has a habit of coming to a complete stop and if your not watching him your likely to fall over him! Daft dog. Again not very fast walk. Just over 100 calories gone.

Saturday
20mins on the 30 Day Shred
Been ages since i had Jillian's workout on and it was every bit as hard as i remembered. She's a killer. Got a new sports bra where the backs criss cross so the straps couldn't fall down during the jumping jacks but the bounce is still stupid. Really annoyed.

In terms of the diet, i was spot on for the beginning of the week but my syns built up again so i ended up eating a lot over a couple of days and then i ended up at a surprise BBQ where i definitely went over my syns for the week, yet again! Anyway i got weighed this morning and i'd lost 3lbs :eek: It must be the hot water and lemon! So then what i need to do now is see what will happen next week. I'm in London overnight on Wednesday with a work colleague so i'm bound to over eat and drink. It'll also be my TOTM next week...... So not expecting much then.

Happy exercising everyone

Back