sarah's simply filling food diary

sarah88 said:
Yeah I'm gonna try! Isn't OSS carbs?! I got pork and mash 4 tea so I'm just gonna have a little mash and lots of veg! I think I'm eating too many carbs lately and just need to cut right down as I still have 40lb to loose and dont wanna b where I am now for another 2 months!

I'm abit useless when it comes to what's carbs,I know the obvious ones like pasta etc,yea maybe just cutting down on them will help,I do tend to have carbs alot when it comes to my dinners.But smaller portions then I used to have.Like 50g pasta instead of 75g.Tea sounds nice.Hope the less carbs helps to kick start the weight loss again.

we have that omlette pan!!!! o reminds me........need to put that on my aparment shopping list!!!

OSS is carbs yes, but everything has some degree of carbs....suagrs are carbs. Veggies have carbs and things like onion, tomatos, sweetcorn, peas are higher in carbs than say cabbage, brocolli and mushrooms. If you want to cut back on carbs the main culprits are potato's, breads and pasta. See how you go with cutting those down.

xxx

emmaedes said:
we have that omlette pan!!!! o reminds me........need to put that on my aparment shopping list!!!

OSS is carbs yes, but everything has some degree of carbs....suagrs are carbs. Veggies have carbs and things like onion, tomatos, sweetcorn, peas are higher in carbs than say cabbage, brocolli and mushrooms. If you want to cut back on carbs the main culprits are potato's, breads and pasta. See how you go with cutting those down.

xxx

See told you I don't know with carbs lol

Yeah I thought I'd cut right back on bread and potatoes don't have much pasta anyway!

Yeah I thought I'd cut right back on bread and potatoes don't have much pasta anyway!

yer sounds gd! this diet wouldnt work if you cut back on ALL carbs i.e certain veggies etc, just up your protein and down your carbs like potatos and bread :) i cant eat "normal" bread! i get completely bloated so cutting back on bread is a sure thing to shed some weight for me! xx

emmaedes said:
yer sounds gd! this diet wouldnt work if you cut back on ALL carbs i.e certain veggies etc, just up your protein and down your carbs like potatos and bread :) i cant eat "normal" bread! i get completely bloated so cutting back on bread is a sure thing to shed some weight for me! xx

Yea bread seems to affect alot of people!

Sarah I really think SF with no carbs will be hard! As that's your energy food. Your limited if you cut all carbs out. You could cut our processed carbs and stick to natural carbs like fruit and veg ad potatoes.

Glad your omelette worked out well! It's a very filling breakfast option!

I'm still having potato and maybe a slice of bread a day but I'm just cutting back! I have b4 had 4 petit pain in one day plus potato etc which is an awful lot so I'm just gonna try and keep it to the minimum! Do u not think this is doable?

I would never have time to have omelette for brekkie! Sometimes I hardly have time for my OSS!

Tut tut! I used to be like that, I'd rather stay in bed for 5 more mins than make breakfast but now I'm I'm a routine of getting up at 7.20 lol I always have time!

Hope the low carb goes well! Not sure on ideas on low carb meals, but if you have extra veg and an egg I think it can be just as filling.

I'm up at 7 already! Gotta take the dog out, get Elisha ready 4 school, unload/load the dishwasher, feed pets ect all b4 8, gotta leave for school then! I wish I could stay in bed longer and there's no way I'd b able to get up earlier!

So I kinda went off plan!!! Too many birthday treats around! Get back on it tomorrow! Had a really good day otherwise!

Hope at least the birthday treats were enjoyed :)

What I am trying to do this week is cut down on carbs and increase protein for lunch and dinners. The vague plan is to have vegetable or pulse based carbs with lunch and dinner (like today) or pretty much no carbs for one meal and have a smaller portion than normal with the other. Cutting them out all together isn't a great idea I don't think but cutting them down for a week to see if it makes a difference sounds fine. I reckon the bread products might be the obvious way to cut it down - it is something which seems to affect alot of people's losses.

Glad you enjoyed the omlette today, but sorry to encourage the purchase of addition pans just for it. Things I like in omlettes include cheese or smoked salmon or pre-cooked mushrooms or spring onions, chilli and coriander (great with a tiny dribble of sweet chilli sauce).

Atomic pink said:
Hope at least the birthday treats were enjoyed :)

What I am trying to do this week is cut down on carbs and increase protein for lunch and dinners. The vague plan is to have vegetable or pulse based carbs with lunch and dinner (like today) or pretty much no carbs for one meal and have a smaller portion than normal with the other. Cutting them out all together isn't a great idea I don't think but cutting them down for a week to see if it makes a difference sounds fine. I reckon the bread products might be the obvious way to cut it down - it is something which seems to affect alot of people's losses.

Glad you enjoyed the omlette today, but sorry to encourage the purchase of addition pans just for it. Things I like in omlettes include cheese or smoked salmon or pre-cooked mushrooms or spring onions, chilli and coriander (great with a tiny dribble of sweet chilli sauce).

Thanks atomic, I did enjoy them! Annoyed I gave in but I'm expecting a gain this wk anyhoo, so I'm gonna b really good from tomorrow on tho! 100% with my cutbacks etc and hopefully I will get a decent loss nxt fri!

I'm not worried about getting a new pan, all our pans need replacing, all the non stick has come off, so may just buy one a wk!

I think I may need to keep an eye on ur food this wk as it's really hard to come up with low/no carb meals! I'm liking the omelette tho, and I'm the sort of person who can eat the same thing most days, but as I said b4 I was just eating LOADS of carbs so I just wanna see what results I get without so many! I did Atkins when younger but honestly can't remember what I ate so I'm not even sure what meals to have!

I find stirfrys are quite easy no-carb options. I use shredded cabbage and carrot to sort of replace the noodles. Cauliflower "rice" isn't too bad with a curry either - just cauliflower grated up and microwaved or steamed with seasoning and a few spices (I tend to use cardomon, cloves, a bay leave and black pepper). BNS or celeriac or swede are all lower carb options to replace potato. BNS, carrot and swede mash is absolutely gorgeous as well. The mixed vegetable chips I often do are good too - mainly swede and celeriac.

Thanks atomic, its funny I just thought about stir fry's!

Mmmm carrot and swede mash is the best ever! Thanks for reminding me atomic!
It doesn't even need any extra! Just carrot and swede mashed up! So yum!

I love carrot and swede mash bit mine isn't so good as the shop bought stuff!
Sarah make sure you aren't leaving yourself hungry, I think atomic is right, maybe just cut out bread for now, not all carbs! You need them for energy! X

Plus I think if you cut out a food group then you crave that type of food then get disappointed when you crave in.

Last edited:
Back