Sarah's SW Diary

It was lovely :) His idea too, and he didn't mind me having jacket potato for breakfast!

Right, food for today:

Breakfast
Wholemeal roll (HexB)
Extra light mayo (0.5 syn)
Quorn fajita strips (free)
Sweet & sour mugshot (free)
Grapes (free)

Lunch
2 x Alpen lights (HexB)
Apple (free)
Melon (free)

Dinner
Wholewheat pasta (free)
28g cheese (HexA)

Snacks
Mini oreos (6 syns)

Total: 6.5 syns

Food plan for today:

Breakfast
A few quorn fajita strips (free)
2 x Alpen lights (HexB)

Lunch
Wholemeal roll (HexB)
Quorn slices (free)
Extra light mayo (1 syn)
Mini oreos (6 syns)

Dinner
2 x quorn sausage (2 syns)
Mashed potato (2 syns)
28g cheese (HexA)
Baked beans (free)

Total: 11 syns

I feel incredibly tired and lazy today. I just want to curl up in a ball and go to sleep. Going for acupuncture in a bit which always really chills me out anyway so goodness knows what I'll be like this afternoon! I'll be no use to anyone! I suppose it's a good job I have nothing important to do today.

WI tonight, I've been good all week, not over syns on a single day so hoping for a good loss. I'll update later when I've been!

I've just troughed a chocolate mud-pie cupcake. Don't know why, just suddenly had this overwhelming need for cake, so had to actually go out and go into three different shops to find one :eek: You would think that after going into one, maybe two I would realise that I shouldn't be doing it, but no, I just HAD to have one, so went into shop number 3. It was good though!

Sort of thinking it's probably too late in the day for it to make a difference to weigh in tonight (well I'm hoping so anyway!). We'll see!!

Woohoo! 2.5lb off :D 1lb away from my 2 stone sticker, so will get that next week :D

Will update tickers etc later when I get home!

Thanks Jackie :D

Here's the food plan for the day:

Breakfast
Leftover mashed potato (2 syns)
Baked beans (free)
28g cheese (HexA)
Extra light mayo (1 syn)

Lunch
Spicy parsnip soup (0.5 syn)
Melon (free)
Apple (free)

Dinner
Jacket potato (free)
Low fat spread (2 syns)
Sweet potato and black bean chilli (free)
28g cheese (HexB)

Snacks
2 x Alpen lights (HexB)

Total: 5.5 syns

I'm on a late shift today, and I really don't want to go in. In a bit of a weird mood today, just don't want to deal with people. I've had enough of my placement too. Don't get me wrong, it's a nice ward/unit, and everyone's lovely, it's just not what I want to be doing and I've had enough now. Hmmmm.

I've been rubbish today. There were chocolate biscuits at work and I ate some. Had 2, and decided they were 6 syns, as they weren't very big, then ate another 2 tiny ones so calling that 10 syns in total. Also had some evtra light mayo on my dinner, so that's another half syn bringing today's total to 16. Now I'm lying in bed, so tempted to scoff a load of chocolate, or the little tub of Ben & Jerry's that I have in the freezer (it's been there since I started SW and I've never actually wanted it at all, but for some reason now I REALLY want it. I don't know what's wrong with me at the moment. The past few days I keep getting bad food cravings, and can't seem to stop myself giving in to them :(

Right, I am going to be a good girl today, no naughtiness! Here's the plan:

Breakfast
Readybrek (HexB)
Semi-skimmed milk (HexA)
Golden syrup (2.5 syns)
Apple (free)

Lunch
Jacket potato (free)
Baked beans (free)
Melon (free)

Dinner
Cod fillet (HexB)
Breadcrumbs (4ish syns, need to check)
SW chips (free)
Mushy peas (free)

Snacks
Fruit

Total: 6.5 syns

I will join you on your goodness as my food choices have not been good. Ok maybe I have a reason but you know I don't want to put the weight back on and he wouldn't want me to either, so you have a 'goody buddy' :D

Where is your placement? I have forgotten...

Just a little note to say :thankyou: for being so supportive and kind, its been much appreciated xxxxx

Thanks Jackie :) it always helps to have someone else doing it too.

My placement is on Talbot Butler ward in Northampton General, which is the cancer unit. I've been there since mid-October, and have 7 shifts left to do. I'm off on study leave next week so hopefully that will make the last shifts better.

There's no need to thank me :) I know you'd be the same if it was the other way around. In fact you were!xxxx

The only thing I had that's not on my plan is ketchup with my dinner (2 syns worth)so 8.5 syns for the day.

I also had bourbon biscuits after I gave blood, as they make you have them, but we've decided that they are syn free!

definately syn free if you gave blood :D :eek: very brave

I am going to so struggle to be good :( Its hard with OH being off work. He goes back Monday which will make it easier for me. He pops in Waitrose and buys cupcakes :eek: luckily i haven't touched them :D
so where do you go after this placement?
xxxxxxxxxx

Well done for resisting the cupcakes Jackie, keep going, you can do it! I don't think I would have been able to resist them if they were right there in front of me, especially Waitrose ones! I used to work in Waitrose, their bakery stuff is so good.

I go back to my home area when I finish this placement, which is main theatres. My course is slightly different from a normal nursing course, as I'm with the Open University and on a secondment from my job, so I still get paid. We do a lot of our practical work in our home area, but when we go on placements we stay in one area for a lot longer than 'normal' nursing students xxxx

Food plan for the day:

Breakfast
28g fruit & fibre (HexB)
Grapes (free)
Vanilla mullerlight (free)

Lunch
Wholemeal roll (HexB)
Extra light mayo (0.5 syn)
Wotsits (5 syns)
Apple (free)

Dinner
Wholewheat pasta (free)
Garlic mushrooms (free)
28g cheese (HexA)

Snacks
Tinned spaghetti (free)

Total: 5.5 syns

Food for today:

Breakfast
Wholemeal roll (HexB)
Low fat spread (2 syns)
Marmite (free)
250ml semi-skimmed milk (HexA)

Lunch
Jacket potato (free)
Low fat spread (2 syns)
28g cheese (HexB)
Low fat salad cream (1.5 syns)
Apple (free)

Dinner
Chickpea dahl (free)
Rice (free)
Mango (free)

Snacks
Mini oreos (6 syns)
Melon (free)

Total: 11.5 syns

Last edited:
Had a fab NSV last night. I've got a little leather jacket that I love, and last time I wore it I came home with bruises round the tops of my arms from where it was too tight. I stopped wearing it after that, and got bigger before I started SW. Last night I thought about it and wondered whether I just might get away with it, so I tried it on. It slipped on easily, and was so comfy I wore it all night, no problem! I love it so much :D

When I was at my slimmest, which is where my target is now, I could wear it with a hoody under. Not quite there yet, but I will be, and wearing it out last night made me realise just how far I've come.

Back