Sarah's SW Diary

thefinalcountdown

Silver Member
Right, here goes!

Having dieted before and lost a lot of weight, then put it all back on again (and more!) several times, I have decided that now is time to break the cycle once and for all, the weight is going, never to return again!

I know several people who have followed the slimming world diet and have lost weight quickly and easily, and who have managed to keep the weight off, so I have decided to give it a go. Being veggie, (although I eat fish, I have a joint condition and oily fish is good for it) I will be using only green days and weighing in on a Monday morning, and will be following the plan from home as I can't afford to pay for online membership/classes.

My aim is to lose around 3 - 3.5 stone (I am starting tomorrow morning so official figures will be up then!), and having had a nosey around this site I have decided to post a diary. I feel like keeping a record of everything will help to keep me on track, and looking at all the other posts everyone seems so supportive.

Anyway, today has been my preparation day, I have planned all my meals and stuff for the next few days, been food shopping and made a lentil and mushroom loaf ready for my start tomorrow.

I'm really excited about getting started on the road to a whole new me!

Thanks pumpkin :)

I weighed myself this morning and got a starting weight of 15st8, so I have 50lb to lose to get to a target of 12st. Lots of work ahead of me!

Todays meal plan is as follows:
Breakfast
2 slices wholemeal toast (HexB)
Tinned tomatoes (free)

Lunch
Wholemeal pasta (free)
Small tin sardines (HexB)

Dinner
Mushroom and lentil loaf (HexA)
Jacket potato (free)
Baked beans (free)
Muller corner yogurt (8 syns)

Snacks
Pineapple (free)
Kiwi (free)

I'm also planning a trip to the gym :whacky068:

Well, I have stuck to plan today, which I'm really pleased about. I ended up swimming instead of doing a gym session though, as by the time I got to go I had a splitting headache and couldn't face the gym. I swam for half an hour and then went in the jacuzzi and the steam room, which was lovely :) I also did an hours housework earlier, surely scrubbing the bathroom and lugging the hoover count, right? ;)

Anyway, I've just finished my tea, the mushroom and lentil loaf was lovely! I'm just having a break between my dinner and my yogurt, as the evenings are my worst time of day for snacking and I figure that will break it up a bit and stop me picking!

I forgot to count the syn for the brown sauce on my breakfast, so todays total syns is 9 :) It's only early days but I'm pretty pleased with how it's going so far! :D

Morning to anyone who happens to read this :)

Here is my plan for the day:
Breakfast
Baked beans (free)
350ml glass skimmed milk (HexA)

Lunch
Jacket potato (free)
28g grated cheese (HexA)
Salad cream (1 syn)

Dinner
Salmon fillet (HexB)
New potatoes (free)
Salad (free)
Sweet chilli sauce (2 syns)

Snacks
Kiwi (free)
Pineapple (free)

I'm heading off to the gym in a little while, and I have my appointment at the pain clinic this afternoon. I'm really hoping that they can come up with something to help me.

Well, day 2 done and I stuck to plan again :) I'm really finding it helpful to put a written plan up here for the day so I know in advance what I'm having and when. It's back to work tomorrow so here's tomorrow's menu:

Breakfast
Tinned tomatoes (free)
Brown sauce (1 syn)

Lunch
Salad consisting of cold new potatoes, lettuce, cucumber and cherry tomatoes (all free)
Sweet chilli sauce (2 syns)
Mullerlight yogurt (free)

Dinner
I go to my mum's for dinner on a Wednesday, so I don't know what it'll be! She knows I'm doing SW though, and she's done it before so it'll be green day friendly :)

Snacks
None. Was thinking of 2 alpen light bars as my 2nd HexB, but decided to keep it and my HexA so I can use them for my dinner at mum's :)

Dinner at my mum's was mushroom stroganoff with noodles, so 3 syns for butter, and 3 for creme fraiche, everything else in it was free :D I had a hot chocolate too, which was 3 syns and a HexA.

I also discovered that sweet chilli sauce is only 1.5 syns, where I've been counting it as 2! Aways good! :D So today's total is 11.5 syns.

Here is tomorrow's plan:
Breakfast
Baked beans (free)
350mls skimmed milk (HexA)

Lunch
Salad of cold spuds, lettuce, cucmber and cherry tomatoes (all free)
Mullerlight (free)

Dinner
Wholemeal pasta (free)
Chickpea/veg sauce type thing (free)

Snacks
2 alpen light bars (HexB)

My friend is coming to the gym with me tomorrow evening, so I shall be getting my exercise in too :D

Anyway, bed-time for me. Night folks! :4633:

Well, I've been a little bit naughty today. We had a rep come into work, and she bought lunch for us with her...so rather than the salad I took with me, I had a tomato and mozzarella pasta salad, a packet of walker's lights crisps and 2 low fat chocolate mousses :eek:

I'm counting the mozzarella as my 2nd HexA, and the pasta and salad would be free anyway, so I'm counting 5 syns for whatever oil and stuff maybe in it, 5.5 for the crisps and 3 for each chocolate mousse, so 16.5 syns for lunch. Whoops! I haven't had any others today though, and the rest of the week I've been good so hopefully it won't have too major effect :fingerscrossed:

Oh, I've also been persuaded by my friend to go to the cinema tonight, she can't be bothered with gym today so is coming with me tomorrow instead. I was going tomorrow anyway, so shall book in and do Aqua-aerobics on Saturday, which was going to be a day off from exercise.

All in all I don't think that's too bad really??

Hi there,

Wow, you are soo organised:) Just noticed that we both have the same amount of weight to lose- how about becoming partners in crime??
I've started Slimming World 2 weeks ago but hadn't get my head round it and actually has been good for the last 2 days... I'm on EE...

good luck!!!
xxx

Right, tomorrow's menu:

Breakfast
2 slices wholemeal toast (hexB)
Baked beans (free)

Lunch
New potatoes, lettuce, cucumber, cherry tomatos (free)
28g cheddar cheese (HexA)
Sweet chilli sauce (1.5 syns)

Dinner
Mushroom fried rice (free)

Snacks
2 alpen light bars

I am going to the gym tomorrow night after work too, my brother is coming with me, as is the friend that was meant to go with me today. Also must remember to get some mushrooms to put in the rice for dinner!

Hi there,

Wow, you are soo organised:) Just noticed that we both have the same amount of weight to lose- how about becoming partners in crime??
I've started Slimming World 2 weeks ago but hadn't get my head round it and actually has been good for the last 2 days... I'm on EE...

good luck!!!
xxx

I have to be this organised, otherwise I think I'd go completely off the rails! I really find it helps if I make a plan for each day, then I have to stick to it :)

Sounds good to me, it would be really nice to have someone with the same kind of goal to keep each other on track :) I only do green days, as I'm vegetarian (although I eat fish). What day do you weigh in? Are you keeping a diary? x

Well, I've been a very good girl today :angel09:

I stuck exactly to menu, only having 1.5 syns (so made up for going a little off plan yesterday :)) and went to the gym. I even managed to resist the yummy looking cakes and cookies that the doctors brought in to work! My best friend came to the gym with me, and so did my brother as I had a spare free pass that I got when I joined that expires this week. My friend loved it, she's gonna work out if she can afford to join. If she does, it'd be great, it was really nice to have someone to workout with.

I booked in to do aqua aerobics tomorrow too, which should be fun, then I'm going over to my Dad's to put stuff up in the loft for him.

Fingers crossed I can stick to plan over the weekend, it's my first one since I started. I am determined to do it though, so it should be ok. It'll be at my Dad's where I'll be most tempted to cheat, I've got into a bad habit of snacking when I'm at his house and then eating when I get home. I've told him what I'm doing though, and have a plan for dinner to have there based on what I know he has in my veggie drawer in the freezer :)

I've just had magic porridge for breakfast, I wasn't too impressed with the first spoonful, but by the time I got to the end of the bowl I loved it, could see it becoming quite an addiction...
Anyway, here's the plan for the day:

Breakfast
Magic porridge (HexB)

Lunch
Lentil and mushroom loaf (HexA)
Baked beans (free)

Dinner
Quorn mushrrom and grlic escalope (8.5 syns)
Jacket potato (free)
Baked beans (free)
OR
Syn free pizza (HexA)

The dinner option will depend on whether I have dinner at my Dad's or at home, and I also need to get another HexB in there somewhere, which will probably be a couple of alpen light bars. I'm off to aqua aerobics in an hour too, looking forward to that :)

Hi there :wavey:

Wow, you're very organised. I'm impressed. I wish I could be that organised but I never seem to have the time to prepare that well so tend just to think of my meals the day in advance.

Sounds like you're doing really well and are managing to stick to the plan. Did you go to the cinema with your friend? Going to the cinema is a major hazard of mine, as I always have popcorn. It just doesn't feel right if I don't...although perhaps if I found out how many syns was in it I wouldn't bother!! :8855:

I'm making the mushroom loaf for my dinner tonight. It's so good isn't it. Yum yum.

Anyway, just thought I'd say hi, hope you're having a good day. x

I'm at my dad's. There is a loaf of tiger bread sitting on top of the breadbin in his kitchen, and it's calling to me. It's taking all my willpower not to have a massive thick chunk, with lots of proper butter on. Help!

Tooty Frooty said:
Hi there :wavey:

Wow, you're very organised. I'm impressed. I wish I could be that organised but I never seem to have the time to prepare that well so tend just to think of my meals the day in advance.

Sounds like you're doing really well and are managing to stick to the plan. Did you go to the cinema with your friend? Going to the cinema is a major hazard of mine, as I always have popcorn. It just doesn't feel right if I don't...although perhaps if I found out how many syns was in it I wouldn't bother!! :8855:

I'm making the mushroom loaf for my dinner tonight. It's so good isn't it. Yum yum.

Anyway, just thought I'd say hi, hope you're having a good day. x

I find it helps me stick to plan if I'm organised, otherwise I'd just give in all the time. Soo hard not to give in to that bread at the minute!

I did go to the cinema, I know what you mean about the popcorn thing! I normally get a big bag of sweets and a drink. I was good though and just had my 2 alpen light bars.

I love that mushroom loaf thing, and it really fills me up too :) I had it for lunch today.

Thanks for stopping by, hope you're enjoying your weekend :) what day do you WI? xx

I had dinner at my Dad's last night, so it was the quorn escalope for 8.5 syns, with jacket spud, baked beans and salad, with a dollop of mayo for 2.5 syns, brining yesterday's total to 11 :) Here is today's menu:

Breakfast
2 quorn sausages (2 syns)
Fried new potatoes (free)
Mushrooms (free)
Baked beans (free)
Ketchup (1 syn)

Lunch
2 alpen light bars (HexB)
Muller corner yogurt (7.5 syns)

Dinner
SW syn free pizza (2xHexA)

Snacks
Magic porridge (HexB)

My cooked breakfast this morning was soo good, hard to believe it was only 3 syns! I'm having a day off from formal exercise today too, I've done some most other days this week so it's recovery day today :)

I'm just trying to work out what I'm going to have for lunches through the week at work. I've got some veggie casserole thing that I made the other day, I think I might just blend half of it to make it a bit thicker, cook a load of pasta and mix it up and have that.

Back