Sarah's SW Diary

thefinalcountdown said:
Well, I had a 4 finger kit-kat on my tea break at work today. I know it's naughty but I had to, so that's 10.5 syns. I was sooo tempted to get a takeaway on my way home from work. I'm absolutely shattered, I have a headache and all my joints hurt, am really struggling to stick with it today. I managed to resist the takeaway and am currently cooking my pasta as per plan, but to be honest I'm not sure I'll be able to stick it out tonight. I'm off to the cinema tonight with my friend, we've both had a bit of a tough day and I suspect the Ben and Jerry's sundaes may make an appearance this evening :(

Hey been reading your diary. Your doing so well hun don't give up heart. :) xx

Thanks :) I'm trying not to, I really don't want to break but it's going to be really hard not to tonight.

thefinalcountdown said:
Thanks :) I'm trying not to, I really don't want to break but it's going to be really hard not to tonight.

You can do it :)

But if you do have a sneaky bit of ice cream don't beat yourself up about it we all need these blow outs. I had a whole weekend off last weekend and loved every minute of it :)

I am going the cinema tomorrow night but plan on taking a pre weighed amount of popcorn and saving my daily syns for it too :) x

Laura_carlburgess said:
You can do it :)

But if you do have a sneaky bit of ice cream don't beat yourself up about it we all need these blow outs. I had a whole weekend off last weekend and loved every minute of it :)

I am going the cinema tomorrow night but plan on taking a pre weighed amount of popcorn and saving my daily syns for it too :) x

I did it! Managed to resist the ice-cream and just stuck to my bottle of water :D feel much better than I would've if I'd eaten it too :)

Sounds like you have a good plan :) what are you seeing? x

Right, here's today's meal plan:

Breakfast
Magic porridge (HexB)

Lunch
Quorn quarter pounder (0.5 syn)
Jacket potato (free)
Low fat spread (2 syns)
Low fat mayo (2.5 syns)

Dinner
At Mum's so don't know yet

I'm feeling much more positive today than yesterday :D

Thanks Tilly :) had a peek at your diary and looks like you had a good weekend too, glad your family didn't drive you too crazy!

I've swept that gain under the carpet in my head, and am just focussing on keeping on plan :) off to another festival this weekend and it's my birthday on Sunday, so there may be a couple of minor slip ups, but I shall try and avoid them :)

By the way, do you know how many syns there are in a king prawn chow mein?? My mum's treating me to chinese tonight and I'm thinking that's probably the lowest syn dish? Will be using the prawns as a HexB x

Hey,

Sorry i've not checked in for a few days. Had a bad few days myself and didn't really feel I would be much use to anyone.

Try not to worry about the gain. I agree with Tilly that it could've just been the food weight and it looks like you did really well apart from the pizza etc.

Can I just say also a huge well done for staying focused. You should be really proud of yourself as I don't think I could've done it myself. :happy096:

I looked up my book and it didn't have the syn value for the prawn chow mein but I agree, just count it as the same as the chicken one and enjoy! :D

thefinalcountdown said:
I did it! Managed to resist the ice-cream and just stuck to my bottle of water :D feel much better than I would've if I'd eaten it too :)

Sounds like you have a good plan :) what are you seeing? x

Hey

Well done Hunnie that's amazing :))

Well I was meant to be watching Harry potter got down there and as we were ordering our tickets someone got there's before us and was told there was only one seat left grrrrrrr so now back at home.

I saved my syns as well and took 10 syns worth of popcorn and a Alpen bar (1/2 HEB) and strawberries so was planning on being good :) x

thefinalcountdown said:
Thanks Tilly :) had a peek at your diary and looks like you had a good weekend too, glad your family didn't drive you too crazy!

I've swept that gain under the carpet in my head, and am just focussing on keeping on plan :) off to another festival this weekend and it's my birthday on Sunday, so there may be a couple of minor slip ups, but I shall try and avoid them :)

By the way, do you know how many syns there are in a king prawn chow mein?? My mum's treating me to chinese tonight and I'm thinking that's probably the lowest syn dish? Will be using the prawns as a HexB x

I think prawn chow mein is 7.5 syns per 360g serving. X

Thanks for all the support :)

Just a quick post between packing with today's menu:

Breakfast
Chick pea dahl (free)

Lunch
Wholemeal roll (HexB)
Quorn pieces (free)
Low fat mayo (2 syns)
Mango, melon and pineapple (free)

Dinner
Salmon fillet (HexB)
Jacket potato (free)
Butter (3 syns)
Peas (free)
Low fat mayo (2.5 syns)

I know chickpea dahl sounds a revolting breakfast, but I opened the tin the other day and it needed eating before I left. And I actually like curry for breakfast anyway haha. I'll either have a bit of cheese on my potato at dinner or a glass of milk later to get my HexA in. Food plan for the weekend is much the same as last weekend (minus the pizza and waffle!)

Well, I'm back from Broadstairs. Was off plan for the entire weekend, as although I'd planned to stick to it and had taken all my food with me I just didn't have time to keep going back to camp to cook between all the gigs the band were playing etc. Plus it was my birthday yesterday and seeing as I'd been off plan Friday and Saturday I figured an extra day off for my birthday wasn't too big a deal :) I didn't go crazy over the weekend and have a massive pig out, just had what everyone else was having.

Anyway, weigh in this morning and I lost 1lb, which puts me back on track after last week's gain so I'm very happy with that. Could've been a lot worse considering I've been off plan for 3 days. I was half expecting to gain another 1lb and be back to where I started - or even worse to have gained more and be heavier than my starting weight!!

Anyway, off to do a food shop in a little while, back on plan 100% as of now. My Mum gave me a George Foreman for my birthday, so I'm looking forward to having a play and trying that out tonight :D

Well done on your loss especially as a self confessed off plan weekend. I think that's amazing :)

I love our griddle it's fab we cook on it all the time :) x

Well done on your loss especially as a self confessed off plan weekend. I think that's amazing :)

I love our griddle it's fab we cook on it all the time :) x

Thanks :) I'm really pleased, I really thought I'd be back to square one!

I'm really looking forward to having a go with it. I have a cast iron griddle pan that I was given a few years ago but it's such a faff to clean and stuff that I can never be bothered with it, I think this is going to be one of my new favourite ways to cook :D Been out today and got a new steamer too so I can now steam things without the buzzer constantly going off and driving my flatmate insane!

I decided today that I'm going to give going to a class a go. My Mum and I were talking to my cousin's wife yesterday (who's just lost 2.5 stone on SW after gaining weight after her son was born) and she goes to class and said it really helps her.My Mum decided she wants to go and I said I'd go with her, it will be really useful to have my own copy of all the up-to-date books and stuff, and I think the class will be helpful, we shall see!

Laura, do you have a diary on here? xx

thefinalcountdown said:
Thanks :) I'm really pleased, I really thought I'd be back to square one!

I'm really looking forward to having a go with it. I have a cast iron griddle pan that I was given a few years ago but it's such a faff to clean and stuff that I can never be bothered with it, I think this is going to be one of my new favourite ways to cook :D Been out today and got a new steamer too so I can now steam things without the buzzer constantly going off and driving my flatmate insane!

I decided today that I'm going to give going to a class a go. My Mum and I were talking to my cousin's wife yesterday (who's just lost 2.5 stone on SW after gaining weight after her son was born) and she goes to class and said it really helps her.My Mum decided she wants to go and I said I'd go with her, it will be really useful to have my own copy of all the up-to-date books and stuff, and I think the class will be helpful, we shall see!

Laura, do you have a diary on here? xx

Yes I have a diary but haven't updated it in a few days whoops haha :)

I just steamed my new potatoes for tea 'twas yummmmmy lol

Yes sometimes the classes are really good for motivation and to get upto date information and tips...just remember to pass your knowledge onto us lol xxxx

Yes I have a diary but haven't updated it in a few days whoops haha :)

I just steamed my new potatoes for tea 'twas yummmmmy lol

Yes sometimes the classes are really good for motivation and to get upto date information and tips...just remember to pass your knowledge onto us lol xxxx

I'll look you up in a minute then :)

I love steamed food, I normally steam my rice, but my old steamer had packed up so the buzzer went off almost constantly whenever I used it! Very annoying.

Haha, of course I will :)

Here's what I've eaten today:

Breakfast
2 x mullerlights (free)

Lunch
Wholemeal roll (HexB)
Quorn fajita strips (free)
Low fat mayo (2.5 syns)
Watermelon (free)

Dinner
3 x Quorn sausages (3 syns)
Colcannon (3 syns)
Onion gravy (3 syns)

Snacks
Strawberries with vanilla mullerlight over (free) - I'm eating these right now and they taste AMAZING!!!

Tomorrow's food plan is as follows:

Breakfast
Magic porridge (5 syns for porridge oats)

Lunch
Wholemeal roll (HexB)
Quorn fajita strips (free)
Low fat mayo (2.5 syns)
Melon cocktail (free)
Apple (free)
Mullerlight (free)

Dinner
Salmon fillet (HexB)
New potatoes (free)
Spinach, tomato & mushroom (free)
Low fat salad cream (1 syn)