Sarah's SW Diary

It's my first weigh in tomorrow!! I've been really good with sticking to plan all week, and I've been exercising so I'm hoping for a loss :fingerscrossed: I'm actually a li'l bit nervous.

Anyway, I'm off to bed in a minute, so here's the plan for tomorrow:

Breakfast
2 slices wholemeal toast (HexB)
Tinned tomatoes (free)
Brown sauce (1 syn)

Lunch
Wholemeal pasta (free)
Homemade veggie sauce (free)
28g cheese (HexA)
Mullerlight (free)

Dinner
Mushroom and lentil loaf (HexA)
Jacket potato (free)
Baked beans (free)
Muller corner yogurt (7.5 syns)

Provided I get off work in time, I shall be making a trip to the gym tomorrow evening, although I'm with the practice nurse tomorrow and she does long days, so I have no idea what time I'll be finishing!

I'm off to bed now anyway, night folks!:zz:

I have to say, I'm not really having a good day today. I feel crappy, my joints are playing up so I'm all achy, and all I really want is to curl up and go to sleep with someone cuddling me :( I'm not going to the gym tonight, as I hurt too much, and during my visit to my grandparents on the way home I didn't manage to resist the chocolate biscuits that my grandma brought out, my grandpa convinced me to eat 2, and I didn't have the willpower to say no, which isn't making me feel any better :cry:

Here's what I've actually had today, which isn't what I planned, but oh well...

Breakfast
Low fat spread (2 syns)
Marmite (free)

Lunch
Wholemeal pasta (free)
28g cheese (HexA)

Dinner
Lentil and mushroom loaf (HexA)
SW chips (free)
Mugshot (free)

Snacks
2 alpen light bars (HexB)
2 chocolate biscuits (10 syns)
Glass apple juice (2.5 syns)

I've just eaten the lentil and mushroom loaf cold out of the tin while I'm waiting for the chips to do. Feeling the need for some comfort food this evening, hence swapping the jacket and beans for chips and a mugshot, but at 14.5 syns I'm still within the limits of the plan. Just. All I have to do now is get through the rest of the evening without pigging out on anything else! :sigh:

Oh, it was my first weigh in today, and I lost 2lb. I was kinda hoping for a bit more, but it's a step in the right direction, so I won't let it bother me, hopefully I'll lose a bit more next week. My mum started today, she wants to lose at least 2 stone and she's just challenged me to a race, so I'm not going to let today's bad mood ruin my motivation!

Hey,

Firstly, congratulations on the 2lb loss. That's really good, although I can empathise with wanting to see a bigger loss on the scales when you've worked hard.

I think you have done really well food wise today, considering you've been feeling rubbish, so well done for not going totally off the rails.

How has the rest of your night gone? Keep at it and you'll soon be seeing those pounds drop off.

I get weighed on a wednesday by the way.

Hiya Tooty Frooty,
Thanks, I think I was just expecting more, as last time I dieted I lost a lot in the first week. Still, 2lb is a loss, so I'm happy with that, it's a step in the right direction :)

The rest of my evening has gone ok thanks, I spent most of it curled up under a blanket watching Gilmore Girls (it's a bit of a guilty pleasure of mine, somehow seems to make everything seem better lol) but I managed to resist the temptation to raid the cupboard of the mini rolls that I know are there. A few weeks ago I'd have just thought sod it and scoffed the lot!

Thanks for dropping in on my diary :) I've been checking in on yours and you seem to be doing really well! Congratulations on the 3lb loss, hope you get good results on Wednesday xx

Today's plan:

Breakfast
Baked beans (free)

Lunch
Wholemeal pasta (free)
28g cheese (HexA)
Mullerlight (free)

Dinner
Lentil and mushroom loaf (HexA)
New potatoes (free)
Courgette from grandma's garden :) (free)

Snacks
2 alpen light bars

"courgette from grandmas garden"

Is it your grandma or just some random old lady who you're pinching courgettes from :8855:

Teehee, I'm a courgette stealing ninja that creeps into old ladies' gardens at night to steal vegetables :giggle: no, not really :D I called in to see my grandparents yesterday and my Grandma gave me them :)

When I got to the lentil and mushroom loaf to make dinner it had gone a little slimy :( I had 3 quorn sausages instead, started cooking them along with some onions to make onion gravy, then realised I had no gravy powder! :doh: so anyway, dinner was 3 syns rather than a HexA, but aside from that I stuck entirely to plan :) had a good workout at the gym as well, an hour and a half in the gym followed by a jacuzzi and steam room :D lovely!

Here's the plan for tomorrow:

Breakfast
2 slices toast (HexB)
Tinned tomatoes (free)
Brown sauce (1 syn)

Lunch
Wholemeal pasta (free)
28g cheese (HexA)
Mullerlight (free)

Dinner
It's dinner at my mum's again tomorrow, so who knows! Will update when I've eaten it! :eating:

Right, dinner was jacket potatoes with a tin of chick pea dahl on, so it was free. I also had a hot chocolate, so one HexA and 3 syns.

Last edited:
Oh yeah, just remembered I had a blob of low fat mayo with dinner as I had no gravy, so it was 5.5 syns, not 3 :rolleyes:

Here's todays menu:

Brunch
3 quorn sausages (3 syns)
Fried new potatoes (free)
Baked beans (free)
Low fat mayo (2.5 syns)

Dinner
28g cheese (HexA)
Mullerlight (free)

Snacks

Not doing any formal exercise, as am off to a festival tomorrow, so will be putting tents up, then dancing all weekend so I figure I will get lots in there :D Plus, I don't wanna aggrevate my joints by doing stuff today in case they're too painful over the weekend, camping aggrevates them enough as it is!

Sounds lovely :)

I'm thinking the same thing. I've planned food to take with me for my main meals that's all free (apart from the syns in the quorn sarnies for brekkie, but that's only 2) so if I have the odd ice-cream or something it won't matter too much, and I'll be getting plenty of exercise so I'm hoping I'll be alright :cross:

I don't perform, my Dad's in bands that play a few festivals so the others I'm going to this year are with them, but this one I'm just going with one of my friends to watch. I've kinda grown up going to folk festivals and stuff, so bit of a hippie really :D xx

Right, I'm all packed (apart from toiletries that I need this morning and food for the cool box) and ready for the festival! I'm pretty excited, I have to say :D

I've planned my basic food for the weekend, which consists of :
Quorn sausage sarnies for brekkie (3 syns + 1HexB for each day)

Lunch will either be a pasta'n'sauce or a mugshot so will be free

Dinner will be rice with either tinned curry or vegetable chilli, which I've checked and they're free too :D

Snacks will be my alpen light bars for my 2nd HexB

I think by doing it this way if I do decide to have the odd ice-cream or something I can syn it and not have to worry about going off plan :happy036:

There will be lots of ceilidh dancing over the weekend too, so I'm hoping for a loss when I come back and weigh in on Monday!

Today's menu:
Breakfast
Magic porridge (HexB)

Lunch
Mugshot/Pasta'n'sauce (free)

Dinner
Rice (free)
Tinned curry (free)

Snacks

Today's exercise will be pitching the tent and blowing up the airbed!!

Hope you all have a good weekend! xx

Hope you have a great time at the festival. I love a good ceilidh. We had one at our wedding. Was sweating like a pig in my dress but it was so much fun.

Food plan looks good too. Enjoy :)

Thanks Tooty. I had a great time :) I love ceilidh dancing, and it's such good exercise! The bands my Dad are in play for ceilidhs, so I've been doing it my whole life. Have you been to any recently?

Anyway, was a fab weekend! Definate highlight was being asked up on stage to dance with these guys The official ahab website The official ahab website » My mate and I were dancing at the front of the concert tene, and they asked if we were gonna dance all the way through their set, and we said yes, so they asked us if we wanted to do it on stage! I said yes and my mate said no, but then I got up there and she came too, and then they asked if anyone else wanted to join in, so there were aboout 15 of us up on stage dancing with the band, it was awesome!

For the most part stuck to my food plan, aside from yesterday when I had a pizza (I wasn't going to, but I was camping with my friend's mum, who insisted that she was going to treat me to eat out with them, and I got the impression she'd have been offended if I'd refused) and waffles (which were the treat I'd decided on to have as I wasn't using any syns in my basic food plan), but they were in place of lunch and dinner, and I did soooo much dancing over the weekend, plus all the walking around I got loads of exercise so it wasn't too bad. Or so I thought...today's weigh in proved otherwise it seems! After 7 days honking my 100%, plus the first 2 days 100% at the festival, a bit of a blip yesterday and at weigh in this morning I'd gained 1lb! So gutted, I have to say. I weighed in at 8 this morning, and it took 4 hours for me to pick myself up enough to post it on the weigh in thread on here :cry: I know I had a bit of a blip yesterday, but it doesn't seem enough for me to have gained, especially since I had a sneaky weigh in on Friday before I left and I'd lost 1lb. Is one pizza and waffles really enough for me to gain 2lb in a day?? :confused: Especially considering all the exercise, it was the least naughty pizza on the menu, and the waffles were heaped with fruit.

So yeah, I'm feeling really quite down about my gain, but I'm determined not to let it put me off. I was so tempted to go out and get some junk in and give up this morning, but I want this so badly I'm not going to let myself self-distruct like I normally do. I had 2 mullerlights for breakfast, and when I do my food shop this morning there will be nothing naughty in my basket!

Anyway, I feel like I've rambled on for ages this morning. Onwards and upwards I guess!

Right, here's what I've eaten today:

Breakfast
2 mullerlights (free)

Lunch
Baked beans (free)
28g cheese (HexA)

Dinner
Jacket potato (free)
Tuna (HexB)
Low fat mayo (2.5 syns)
Low fat spread (2 syns)
28g cheese (HexA)

Snacks
None

Just a quick post before I go to bed with tomorrow's food plan:

Breakfast
Strawberry magic porridge (HexB)

Lunch
Homemade veggie soup (free)
2 slices wholemeal bread (HexB)
Mullerlight (free)

Dinner
Wholemeal pasta (free)
28g cheese (HexA)

Snacks
Not planning on having any, but I'll see how it goes tomorrow.

If I feel alright I'll go to the gym, but I've been hobbling around like an old lady today after the weekend's dancing antics. So worth it though :bunnydance:

Anyway, I'm off for an early night. Can't believe I'm heading to bed at just gone 9.30 :eek:

Night folks :nightf:

Well, I had a 4 finger kit-kat on my tea break at work today. I know it's naughty but I had to, so that's 10.5 syns. I was sooo tempted to get a takeaway on my way home from work. I'm absolutely shattered, I have a headache and all my joints hurt, am really struggling to stick with it today. I managed to resist the takeaway and am currently cooking my pasta as per plan, but to be honest I'm not sure I'll be able to stick it out tonight. I'm off to the cinema tonight with my friend, we've both had a bit of a tough day and I suspect the Ben and Jerry's sundaes may make an appearance this evening :(

Back