New potatoes (free)
Steamed red cabbage & apple (free)
Gravy (2.5 syns)

Snacks
Grapes (free)
Vanilla mullerlight (free)
Meringue nest (3 syns)

Total: 12.5 syns

I'm supposed to be writing an essay, but I seem to have fallen asleep and lost 4 hours of the day! Whoops! Still, I suppose that's what happens when you sit in bed to do work :8855:

The sleep was far more interesting than the essay anyway.

Were you catching up on last nights sleep ;)

Jacket potato for breakfast :8855:

Haha, yeah ;) trouble is I probably won't sleep tonight now!

Well, I say breakfast, it was about 11.30. Had to take the boy to work for 10, then go food shopping as had nothing in. It was either jacket spud or cake :8855: I get weird breakfast cravings when I'm tired :8855:

Today's food plan:

Breakfast
'Fried' new potatoes (free)
Baked beans (free)
Mushrooms (free)
Extra light mayo (1 syn)
Apple juice (2.5 syns)

Lunch
2 x Alpen light bars (HexB)
Apple (free)
Melon (free)

Dinner
Sausage stew with dumplings (4 syns)
Mashed potato (2 syns)

Snacks
250ml semi-skimmed milk (HexA)
28g fruit & fibre (HexB)
Grapes (free)
Vanilla mullerlight (free)

Total: 9.5 syns

Hi Sarah!
Just been looking through your diary as I do green days too. Just wondering why you synned your cheese the other day when you can have 2 HEX As?!

Hi Sarah!
Just been looking through your diary as I do green days too. Just wondering why you synned your cheese the other day when you can have 2 HEX As?!

Hi, thanks for stopping by :)

I generally only have 1 HexA, and only use 2 if I really need to. I'm so used to having only 1 it throws me a bit when I have 2!

I think that day I was also having a bit of an odd day where I couldn't decide what I wanted to eat, had to have dinner in a bit of a rush and needed to bring my syns up a bit!

Sausage stew sounds nice :) How did you make that?

I've bunged a load of veg (Onion, parsnip, bns, sweet potato, carrots and garlic) in my slow cooker with a couple of pints of veg stock, and will chop some veggie sausages up and stick them in it and turn it on for a couple of hours later! I've found a recipe on here for syn free dumplings made from couscous so I'm going to give them a go and stick them in it later too.

This probably sounds really weird to you, but I always stick a tin of tomato soup in it too. I've never heard of anyone outside of my family doing it, but it makes the gravy taste fab!!

I've just had my dinner, and it was very yummy! :D I added some cornflour to the stew to thicken it up a bit, so need to add 2 syns for that. However, I also forgot to cook my mashed potato :d'oh: so total syns for the day are the same. I didn't really need the mash to be honest, the stew was really filling. Couscous dumplings were surprisingly good too!

Off out to see a band tonight so will be having a good boogie, I've seen them a few times and it's always a good night :)

Here's the food plan for today:

Breakfast
4 x cream crackers (6 syns)
Low fat spread (2 syns)
28g cheese (HexA)
Apple (free)

Lunch
Jacket potato (free)
Low fat spread (2 syns)
Baked beans (free)
28g cheese (HexB)
Grapes (free)

Dinner
Swordfish steak (HexB)
SW chips (free)
Ketchup (1 syn)
Melon (free)

Total: 11 syns

Had a fab night last night, dancing on seats in the pub is always fun! :8855: Also brought a glow-in-the-dark skeleton home with me and called him Gregory. Woken up with a headache this morning though, which is not much fun, and totally unfair as I don't drink!! I've also got to spend most of the day working, as I have an essay due in on Tuesday and as yet haven't written anything. Whoops!

I've bunged a load of veg (Onion, parsnip, bns, sweet potato, carrots and garlic) in my slow cooker with a couple of pints of veg stock, and will chop some veggie sausages up and stick them in it and turn it on for a couple of hours later! I've found a recipe on here for syn free dumplings made from couscous so I'm going to give them a go and stick them in it later too.

This probably sounds really weird to you, but I always stick a tin of tomato soup in it too. I've never heard of anyone outside of my family doing it, but it makes the gravy taste fab!!

You have jacket potatoes for breakfast so adding tomato soup to a stew sounds positively sane for you :8855:

Is there a reason for calling the skeleton Gregory?

Sounds like you had a good night last night :)

You have jacket potatoes for breakfast so adding tomato soup to a stew sounds positively sane for you :8855:

Is there a reason for calling the skeleton Gregory?

Sounds like you had a good night last night :)

Hahaha, that's a fair point - I suppose it is one of the more normal of my weird food habits! :8855:

Not especially, it was just the firstname that popped into my head. Who knows what goes on in there half the time, I sure don't! :8855:

Yeah, it was a good night, and just what I needed :) The skirt that I was wearing, that I've only just been able to get back into felt loose too, which was a great feeling! Won't be able to go out dancing in it for much longer or it'll fall off!! :eek:

Well, I'm very disappointed :( I was having stew from Saturday night for dinner, but it's really not as nice the second time :cry:I'd been looking forward to it all day as well. I've eaten a bit, so will count 3 syns as a whole portion was 6, but might have to have something else later, I'll see if I get hungry. Means I have to throw what's left out too, which upsets me, I hate throwing food away!

Anyway, here's today's food so far:

Breakfast
2 x weetabix (HexB)
250ml semi-skimmed milk (HexA)
1 tbsp honey (2.5 syns)

Lunch
Low fat super noodles (free)
Toffee mullerlight (free)

Dinner
Part of a portion of stew (3 syns) - Onion, carrot, parsnip, bns, sweet potato, tomato soup, few bits of veggie sausage, couscous dumpling

Snacks
Apple (free)
2 x Alpen light bars (HexB)
Melon (free)

Total: 5.5 syns

If I decide I want to eat anything else I will update later.

Hi Sarah, just checking your food menu, love the sound of the sausage stew, going to give that a try, even with the tomato soup, not a big green day fan, green days tend to bloat me up, love trying different recipes out. I agree with you there I hate throwing food out.
Keep up the good work. xx

Stews usually better when it's warmed up again. I wonder why this one wasn't :confused:

Hope you're having a good day :)

Hi Sarah, just checking your food menu, love the sound of the sausage stew, going to give that a try, even with the tomato soup, not a big green day fan, green days tend to bloat me up, love trying different recipes out. I agree with you there I hate throwing food out.
Keep up the good work. xx

The stew was really lovely the first time round. The only thing I can think of that would have ruined it the second time was the veggie sausages. I've never used them before in a stew and the texture was a bit weird when I reheated them. I'm sure if I did it without, of if you were to use meat sausages it would be fine :)

Food for yesterday:

Breakfast
2 x weetabix (HexB)
250ml smei-skimmed milk (HexA)
1 tbsp honey (2.5 syns)

Lunch
Tuna-mayo and red onion roll (23.5 syns)
Crisps (9 syns)

Dinner
Smoked cod fillet (HexB)
New potatoes (free)
Green beans (free)

Snacks
2 x apples (free)
Dairy milk ice-cream (10 syns)

Total: 45 syns :eek:

I had a bit of a naughty day. It all came about because I'm back at work this week, and having had 2 weeks off, I completely forgot about the fact that I have to take food to work, so had nothing planned. On Monday I just took what I had in the cupboard and had LF supernoodles, which was fine, they're free, but I didn't enjoy them. I planned to get a jacket potato and beans from the canteen at work yesterday, which again would've been free. However, when I walked into the canteen there was a sign up saying 'sorry, no jacket potatoes today'!!! :eek:

Well, I had the choice between getting something from the hot food counter, which would've probably ended up being a cheese and onion pasty and chips, or a sandwich. All the salads they had all had meat in :( Soo, I opted for a tuna and red onion roll. It was a big roll so I'm counting 10 syns for that, 5 for the tuna, 5 for mayo (which would've been roughly a tbsp of full fat mayo) and 3.5 for the butter. I had a can of diet pepsi as well, and they do a meal deal in our canteen so if you have crisps too it's cheaper than if you don't, so I bought them too. And then ate them.

Went round to my best mate's house for dinner, which she cooked and was lovely and very healthy. She's having a bit of a rough time at the min though with her husband (who also happens to be my cousin) and he has moved out, so we had a good girly chat and some ice-cream.

I've been good for the rest of the week though, and I've just calculated my weekly syns and I'm still just under the total weekly amount allowed for the week, so I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for a loss tonight! 1.5lb takes me to a 1.5 stone, 2.5lb takes me to club 10. I'd really like the 2.5lb, but that might be a bit much to wish for so we'll see. Will update later with the result!!

Back