Sarah's Weight Loss Diary!

It's nervewracking so I try not to think about it, I don't really want my results, I will probably wait hours to open them after I collect them.
I could do, his mum is a veggie who is on a pre-wedding diet so when I have dinner there it's usually very healthy but his idea of lunch is a macdonalds or pizza so I might do the snackpots thing, I already have some at home and they aren't too bad though not my favourite thing in the world.

I tried to go for a walk alone today but I have general anxiety disorder so I get really nervous the whole time that i'm going to be attacked, it's weird I know, so I think i'm just going to have to wait until my boyfriend comes round later and drag him out with me.

Omgosh, i couldn't open the envelope fast enough. I moved across the country just after my exams and I drove the 200 miles, leaving at 5 in the morning, so I could get to my old school to pick up the results so that I didn't have to wait for them to be posted, lol. I'm sure you'll be fine. Forgive me, I can't remember, have you just done AS or Alevels? Got plans for uni or anything?

Aw bless ya hun, it's fair enough though. It'll do your bf good anyway if he scoffs maccy ds everyday lol. You could aways do things at home like running up and down the stairs a couple of times or dancing like a maniac around the kitchen or something, lol.

I'm just too nervous to open them, I don't want to know! I've just done my A2 levels so finished school forever now, I want to go to university but i'm on a gap year right now, I was thinking of 6 months working then 6 months travelling but I don't know if the travelling will happen because it's a bit scary.

I actually run up the stairs a lot, I don't know why I just can't seem to walk up them I always leap up the steps lol, I think it's the only reason i'm a size 14 rather than 28 considering how much I eat.

I'm going to Paris tomorrow with my boyfriend and family so i'll be back posting in 7 days, hope everyone has a great week :)

Oooh and I just tried on my new size 14 jeans and they fit!!!

Have fun in paris!
Well, could you travel with some friends?

Baaaack! Paris was great, I ate too much but there was tons of walking so it wasn't tooo bad.
Back on the wagon properly now though.
How has everyone been?

aw thanks :) Yeah french food is so good, I just thought screw it, i've put on weight already so i'll start again when I get home. But I am being strict again now and trying to eat a low GI diet.

yesterday: breakfast- wheatabix
lunch- fruit salad
dinner- vegetarian mince with vegetables

today: breakfast- kelloggs cornflakes
lunch- tuna sandwich

i'm going to frankie and bennys for dinner because it's my boyfriends birthday, i'm hoping there is salad or something on the menu. I was proud of myself yesterday, a big group of us went to the pub, everyone around me was drinking cocktails and i managed to stick to diet coke, yay!

Thanks :) How is your weight loss going minusfour? If you don't mind me asking of course.

I finally decided to weigh myself and it wasn't as bad as I thought, I only put on 3 pounds since postponing my diet so I can shift that pretty quickly fingers crossed.

That's not too bad at all. I've lost four and a half pounds in the past three weeks, which I'm pleased about. With you low GI diet, do you take any notice of calories?

Yeh you can shift that no problem, maybe even in a week if you work like the clappers, lol.
Best wishes losing it :)

And well done Minus :)

low calorie brownie recipe!!

Sorry guys, my laptop died!
Update time then, I gave up the GI diet because it was too restrictive and I felt I would lose willpower, so i'm back to normal calorie counting. 1200-1400 calories a day with at least 400 calories burnt through exercise. Also I thought I would share this recipe for everyone because it's so yummy and helps keep the sweet tooth at bay:

Chocolate and Banana Brownies:
Ingredients-
5tbsp reduced fat cocoa powder
1tbsp caster sugar
75ml skimmed milk
3 large mashed bananas
1 cup soft light brown sugar
5ml vanilla eescence
5 egg whites
3oz self-raising flour
3oz oat bran
15ml icing sugar

1. Preheat oven to 180c. Line a 20cm/8in square tin with non-stick baking paper.
2. Blend the reduced fat cocoa powder and caster sugar with the skimmed milk. Add the bananas, soft light brown sugar and vanilla essence.
3. Lightly beat the egg whites with a fork. Add the chocolate mixture and continue to heat well. Sift the flour over the mixture and fold in with the oat bran. Pour into the tin.
4. Cook in the preheated oven for 40 minutes or until firm. Cool in the tin for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack. Cut into squares and lightly dust with icing sugar before serving.

This should make 9 brownies, each have 230 calories and 2g fat. They are delicious and I have them as a snack between lunch and dinner. Remember to use low calorie cocoa powder or the calories shoot up.

THANK YOU!!! I love it when there's awesome recipes lke this.
How's it all going?
DOn't blame you for ditching the diet and going back to calories, tht's the only really sustainable plan I've found.
HOpe that everything goes well hun ;)

Glad you like it guys, let me know if you make any and what you think.
It's going alright, haven't weighed myself in ages, I want to weigh myself after a few weeks so that i'll see a big loss and that will keep me motivated I hope. So far today I have consumed 364 calories from breakfast, lunch and a cup of tea and I have burnt 285 calories through wii fit and 20 minutes of my nell mcandrew workout video. I will have a big dinner with lots of veg because i'm worried I haven't eaten anywhere near enough so far.

Had a big portion of one of my low-fat recipes (chicken and prawns in tomato sauce) so estimating that was around 600-800 calories, quite a lot but I haven't eaten very much today and i'm hitting the wii fit again before bedtime.

What's BMR?
You're doing great, you were right to eat some more though, 364 cals after breakfast and lunch isn't enough.
Hope that everything continues to go well hun. It's nice having you back :)

Back