Sara's Dukan Diary: Stage 2 Cruise

10 st 9lbs today! That's 1.5lbs down on last week, 3 stone down altogether, and 4lbs to go. I've given myself till 2 weeks today - do-able? I'm feeling very happy tbh, it's taken several weeks to get the weight shifting again and I'm definitely feeling slimmer again. Just ordered a bikini in the sales online (only to be worn in foreign lands, where nobody knows me, you understand!) - hope it doesn't have to go back!

Olympic football was fun on Wednesday - no goals but a good tussle and a great atmosphere once again. Taking my 3 youngest to trampolining today and really looking forward to that. What to take to eat? It'll be the ubiquitous hard-boiled eggs for me again, I'm afraid. never mind, not for much longer... xx

Yay Sara, brilliant news :D Really, really well done for keepin' on truckin' when it would have been so easy to throw in the towel.

The end of the cruise is nigh now and you'll be able to get off the ship and dip your toe in the water of Conso. Ha, yes, I really did just type that .....!! ;)

Love
P x

3 stone total Sara, that's amazing! End is definitely in sight. Jx

Wooooohoooooo go Sara, go Sara - lose the rest in two weeks???? FOR SURE - keep going gal, can't wait to see those last four pounds go!!! x

Sara wow 3 stone mmmmwwwwwwaaaaaaa, well done..I'm so proud of you xxxxx your so near xxx

Right, so I've done something unheard-of for me and registered a new weight mid-week... Both yesterday and this morning I weighed 10st 7lbs so I've changed my stats and ticker accordingly. As you know, I've given myself till a week on Friday to get down to 10st 5lbs and the pressure's on even more now because my sister and her family are coming to stay from tonight till Saturday, to go to the Olympics, then from Saturday night till Wednesday I'm going with my 6 year-old to a residential music camp with all (school) meals provided so I have precious little time for strict Dukan-ing left. 10st 7 though, very happy with that. It would be so good to shift those last 2 lbs...

fab stuff :D

10st 7lb! I want whatever you're on Sara :D.... have you been posting menu;s? I'll go check :)

Well done, you persevered and showed us all that hanging tough is worth it in the end !! xx

Oh, Alotto, you're so kind! No menus, they'd make very boring reading! EVERY DAY is breakfast of ff yoghurt, oatbran, rhubarb and sweetener, more often than not followed by 2 dry-fried eggs and 2 rashers of grilled bacon with fat trimmed off. I ALWAYS eat at least a third of a large tub of 0 pc Total with sweetener and cinnamon and half a litre of sf jelly during the day. I've taken to drinking 2l caffeine-free Diet Coke AND 2l value sf Lemonade as well as lots of water and a couple of cups of coffee every day. The rest is roast chicken, grilled beef, lf ham, salmon, prawns and boiled eggs with the odd tuna salad thrown in. I am under no illusions that this is normal eating and am not sure how it will adapt for Conso or whether I shall have to think again - we'll see. I'm beginning to wish, like Ellie, that I wasn't jumping straight from this to being away and having very little control of what I'm offered but hey-ho, I've got to work out how to live in the real world but keep my weight down in the long run.

Best advice is just to cut out the obvious carbs when you're away....so spuds/bread/pasta/sugar OR conso it fully so 2 slices of bread, 30g of cheese (check what this looks like before you go so you can estimate it by eye) 2 gala meals when you can let the reins go a little, being with kids should make the alcohol issue ok :) doubt they'll be giving out alco-pops :D

take some sweetener tablets
if they're something with spuds give them away
don't take the bread roll if there's soup on offer
eat the pasta sauce but not the pasta
think cruise pv for the time you're there..

Breakfast could be an issue, not sure they serve fry ups for kids :) maybe take a batch of dukan muffins for that reason? you'll be up to 3 tbsp per day oatbran by then

anyways I'm wittering :) hope some of it helped xx

ooh ps. have your pp day on your first day of returning back, it'll be impossible to have a thursday away and be pp xx

Last edited:
Sara whooooooop you seem to have lost that last stone in no time. Do you think its because you stopped the wine ? Well done skinny minny, wish I was at 10.7 with you but alas.....I'm no where near xxx great advice from lotto therex and 2lb from tw good luck hope it dropa off you xxx and you will have to post pictures....its the Dukan law ;-)

Oh my good Lord Sara it seems like you vanished since I last checked on you. What a fabulous journey lovely lady I am so pleased for you, this last few pounds will melt away in no time I am sure. Have a fabulous time away with your family xx

Sara are you being naughty xxxx or nice xxxx. :p

I'm back for 3 days and have been trying to catch up with everyone's diaries!

So I just spent 4 days with my lovely 6-year-old at a music camp in Hertfordshire. We camped in the grounds of the school where the course was held but had all our meals provided. The weather was good and we had a very happy and productive time, but the food...! Talk about carbo-fest! On the first day the breakfast was cereals or pastries, lunch was pasta; 2nd day breakfast was cereals or beans, hash browns and toast and lunch was pizza and chips... Thank God I took yoghurt, oatbran, rhubarb and sf jelly pots, plus ham and smoked salmon. it wasn't a case of adapting what was on offer, there was NOTHING I could eat bar lettuce, tomato, cucumber and beetroot at the salad bar. And every evening the adults drank wine and ate cheese and biscuits! I suddenly realised how isolating this diet is, as I sat in my tent drinking sf lemonade. And not having the scales there was scary... I really couldn't tell whether I was over- or under-eating... quite an eye-opener. To top it all my period started, just a couple of weeks after the last one (there had been a long gap before that) - I guess they're getting erratic now I'm 54 - which made me even less in touch with what was happening with my weight. I'm having a pp day today and stuffing myself, so we'll see what the scales say at weekly wi tomorrow am.

To my huge embarrassment a very overweight lady I've known for some years kept going on and on about my weight loss - how much younger I looked, how I'd been right to do it while my skin was still elastic enough, etc, etc. It's not a subject I like to talk about at the best of times, but she kept saying these things when other people were around so I always had a captive audience as I fielded her comments and questions. At one point I said how Dukan-unfriendly the food on the course was and she immediately said, 'but 4 days won't make a difference!' It just shows how little people understand about the relationship between the food we eat and well-being. Or maybe it shows how 'all-or-nothing' I am and how falling off the Dukan wagon could end up with me never being able to clamber back on again... Scary thought and I guess only time will tell xx

Welcome back Sara! You have some amazing will power girl! I may have resisted the food being offered but probably would have caved in the evening with the wine and cheese and biscuits :) You're right to do it the way you did, it is really hard getting back on that wagon no matter what diet you are on, and even with Dukan being one of the easiest I've ever tried. WAY TO GO :)
Are you flitting off again in a few days' time??

Back