Sara's Dukan Diary: Stage 2 Cruise

Had my weekly weigh-in this morning and I've lost another 1.5 lbs! Miraculous how the weight just keeps on coming off without me feeling I'm undergoing any kind of hardship! Very happy, but can honestly say I wouldn't be following this plan with such clarity if it weren't for this forum and especially those of you who have chosen to engage with me! Can't seem to stop typing exclamation marks!!

You guys are so great! Thank you so much and best of luck to you all! x

Sara again fab loss x and throwing your post straight back at you, thank you for your support xxx

Wow Sara that is GREAT - how is it going not drinking????? Are you managing okay???? Look at your stats lovely - they are looking massively impressive!!! Bet you are feeling on top of the world???? Well actually I can tell from your post that you are feeling amazing - long may it continue my Dukan friend! x

Not been around much the past few days. My 5 year old got a tummy bug on Saturday night and was still too unwell to go to school yesterday and you know what they're like when they're ill, just want to be held all the time. Mind you, as my 10 year old is just starting to be less cuddly I'm making the most of it! I shall miss my giant, doting cuddles when she's older.

Ended up doing pv on Sunday and Monday because I love my roast chicken with vegetables for Sunday dinner, and my mum came yesterday and I didn't want to freak her out! 4 pp days in a row for me now, though, because we're going camping for the Bank Holiday weekend with 17 families from my 13-year-old daughter's old primary school class (this will be the 4th year we've done it over the May Day weekend) and I know that will be one long food-fest! Please God, let it stop raining!

I think I've walked once since the children went back to school. It's just been too wet. Still, I'm having an exercise ECG at the Heart Hospital this afternoon and, if that's OK, hopefully I'll get the green light to join a gym and start some gentle exercise there. The heart situation isn't great - apparently my heart's enlarged (ie the heart of an older person), which greatly increases the risk of heart attack and stroke. All the more reason to lose weight, cut out fat and salt from my diet, do gentle exercise and quit drinking. I've cut right back on the alcohol but not quite quit yet, I'm going to wait till after the weekend for that. I couldn't have a stronger reason for going through with it now, though, my youngest is only 5 (I had her when I was 48) and I want to be around for many years to come.

Must get on with some work now. Keep rooting for me, girls, and I will for you! Sara xx

I enjoyed your post Sara. Good luck with the ECG this afternoon; let us know how you get on.

I'm an older mum too (had my Bubba at 40). I'm 43 now and would dearly love another child, so I'm encouraged to read that it does happen! I'll tell the old man to brace himself tonight! ;)

Enjoy the bank holiday camping! Hope the rains stops .... EEK!

P x

Hope the ECG goes okay and you get the go ahead for the gym..... Still amazing that you have cut back on the drinking and are well on your way to a much healthier lifestyle...... Gosh don't think I could cope with having another baby now, never mind at 48!!! Way to go gal..... Enjoy the cuddles! x

Sara echo what the girls have said good luck with the ECG, and I hope good weather follows you at the weekend xxx your doing everything you can to improve your health for the future good luck to you. Your weight loss is great, and after the weekend the wine will sort its self out, Enjoy your cuddles while you can...saying that my boys (men) still have open arms for me x

What news on ECG sara?

Paulinegin said:
LOL at Sid and her men ..... I have mental images of queues forming!! :D

xxx

Hahaha it does read like that lol I'd be so lucky x

Thanks for asking, Sid. I think it's one of those processes where the technician who conducted the test has to write a report that the consultant has to see before he sends a summary to my GP. My impression is that the results weren't great but I'm not sure within what framework I should put that.

Hi Sara

Don't worry! I've encountered that before in that technicians, sonographers, etc. aren't "allowed" to tell you the results and it has to go back to the doctor, consultant, whoever to relay the news.

Not helpful when you're waiting to hear the results and it's easy to think the worst but, honestly, your Dukan water glass is half full!! :D

Have a good long weekend and let us know when you are due your results.

P xxx

Sara................aaaaaaaarrrrrrrrggggh
that's fantastic xxx what motivation to keep you on the Dukan path xxx so pleased for you I know how I felt getting there have a super dooper weekend xxx

Wooooohoooooo amazing result - 12 stone is fab, fab, fab - have a great weekend and enjoy!

Morning campers xxx hope you've had a good sleep and not too bad of a hangover xxx have a great day xxx

Hope you had an amazing weekend Sara and are back on the Dukan wagon!!! xxx

Back