Saturday Hour By Hour

cookey

Morning peeps.Hope you all have a great bank holiday.Half my family are decamping to London tomorrow to watch the mighty Leeds in the play off final.The other half will be helping me "celebrate" my first birthday without Robin.
My son is barbequeing and then we will watch the football . My brother has flown in from Abu Dhabi just to go to the football and is flying back straight after the match:eek: so we won't get to see him.

To the "Southerners "on the board sorry about your weather forecast and to the "Northeners" here enjoy the sunshine.
Whatever you are doing and wherever you are doing it,have a great holiday

love Liz

Just read coreys wall on face book.Many congratulations to you both corey

Morning all,
My OH will be glued to the radio for the game tomorrow as well - Go Super Leeds :D and we're going to his mum's for the weekend. She lives in Bridlington so we're hoping that sun continues so we can take the kids on the beach.

Hope everyone else enjoys the bank holiday and any losses are of the weight variety. :)

GO LEEDS!!!!!!!

Do we have a link for Corey's facebook page pls? Would love to have a LL group on Facebook. Put more faces to names.

Mum coming out of hospital today. Been a logistical headache. Had to arrange a disabled taxi cos there was no ambulance available until Tuesday! Don't ask how much that is, just say its enough to make you weep. But she is worth it and I will be just so glad to have her this side of the Pennines for a month before she has Stage 2 of her surgery and it starts all over again in June.

Thanks for your support everybody xxx

I don't know how to do a link i am afraid,but i the message was corey and kevin have been approved to be adopters.I am in Harewood for any Leeds locals.

love liz

GO LEEDS.

Hello Everyone,

We are getting reading for tomorrow's horse show and it is quite nice here at the mo but forecast for rain later.

Will be off to Wales, tomorrow dont know what the weather is gonna be like there, it poured with rain last year.

Glad you mums home Lemma a bit of a respite for a while.

Hope the weather is good for you at Bridlington Mrs P.

And Cookey have a great birthday.:)

Well done Corey if you come on here great news for both of you.

Sorry folks not doing LL at the mo but that isnt gonna stop me coming on here and talking to you lot.:cool:

Just read coreys wall on face book.Many congratulations to you both corey

Thanks Liz - have had double celebrations this week, the adoption application ebing accepted and me getting the job of my dreams. Lucky me, I start week 5 RtM on Monday, which is introduction of alcohol, so glass of champers for us on Monday :)

Lemma, do a search for Corey Vost on Facebook - there's only one person with that name on facebook - and it's me!!

Have just read rest of posts on this thread - thanks all for the good wishes - we're both dead excited, but long hard slog ahead of us, after the seminars (which we have to attend) is 8 visits from Social Services to do the Form F before being submitted to adoption panel for formal approval, there are so many hoops to jump through, I know what the dogs at Crufts feel like now! woof woof!

Corey that really is fabulous news, well done to both of you it's a wonderful thing to do :)

Have just read rest of posts on this thread - thanks all for the good wishes - we're both dead excited, but long hard slog ahead of us, after the seminars (which we have to attend) is 8 visits from Social Services to do the Form F before being submitted to adoption panel for formal approval, there are so many hoops to jump through, I know what the dogs at Crufts feel like now! woof woof!

I deal with the legal side of all of that, Children who have been through the court system and are placed for adoption by local authorities. The Form F is an important part of the process as well as Panel.

Congratulations Corey - adoption is a wonderful gift and the child/ren who are matched with you will be a wonderful gift too. Some are badly damaged and they may never find homes, and others have escaped emotionally unscathed due to their ages or early social work intervention. My Hull case this week was a heartbreaker but i would do nothing else.

My best friend adopted a sibling group of 2. They are truly gorgeous. My brother is adopted.

I'm chuffed for you both. But watch out - parenthood is one heck of a challenge.

Agree with Lemma about parenthood, mines 22 and still a pain in the u k what sometimes:D

Corey - not sure what age child you will be adopting - but we have lots of baby and kid stuff that you might find useful. Also it would be worth you joining Freecycle www.freecycle.org as their is always lots of kid and baby stuff going for free.. (I run Basildon Group and help with holiday moderation on Wickford group)

Cheers Mikey - it's still very early days yet, but having already had loads of conversations with Social Services, both us and they feel that a child of pre-school age would be ideal. When I asked if we would have to wait ages for a child of that age, the answer was a definate "no!" apparently in the Southend area, that is predominately the age range they deal in - I am so hoping for a baby as young as possible, but definately younger than 3. I or rather we, really want the child's memories as s/he grows to be ones of being loved and being wanted, and that s/he is so special that s/he was choosen.

Still it's all a long way off, and might be slightly longer as new job starts the day before we are due to attend the first seminar - so they may have to be postponed to the next session, but will get confirmation on that when I speak to my new boss on Tuesday.

Hi Corey, just wanna say congrats on your news, if only there were more people willing to adopt, it takes a very special people to do so and wish you all the very best, I am lucky enough to have 4 children and 3 step children whom I love to bits, children bring such joy (and heartbreak at times) but its great wish you all the very best xx

Back