SATURDAY hour x hour

I was having a great day until about 45 mins ago - a huge row with my mum - i have no idea what happened but i mentioned my dad's name, she mentioned my sisters (who she does not get on with and who she thinks is manipulating my dad) and the combination sent her into psycho mood. I said not one word in response but she wound herself up like a Catherine Wheel then slammed the phone down.

I only rang her to tell her how i was getting on on day 3.

I suppose i should be grateful i'm on a liquid only diet or i would have stuffed myself with bread and jam to console myself.:cry:

I'm fed up now. Family politics always send me into a tailspin. What hacks me off is my mum knows that i need her help with childcare this week and she has now managed to make that hard for me. she will want me to crawl to her......well, stuff that. I have had enough.:(

Sorry for breaking the positive spirit of the thread.:eek:

Thanks slimseaa I feel better for admitting it. I just think that I am always gonna find it difficult just need to admit that I am not gonna be a star pupil but I am determined to get there in the end. I just seem to keep making it hard for myself. I think that I am so used to fighting for everything I have got, when things are going along swimmingly I have to throw a clanger in the works.

Lemma, Sleep on the argument. My daughter and I are always rowing but I love her dearly and I am sure you mum loves you too. Its a shame that family politics have to come into it. Dont beg her for the childcare just ask her in the usual way. You are doing well not to turn to food and stay on track and i admire you, good girl, keep going.

Last edited:
Lady I'm sorry you're going through such a bad patch with it at the moment, I think it's a good idea that you phone your counsellor and tell her how you're feeling and what you're doing - believe me you won't be the first and hopefully she'll have some good suggestions. Good on Sir for advising that you stick with the diet, he knows that you feel so much better in yourself since starting this and will want you to keep feeling that and more.

(((hugs)))

Lemma I'm sorry you've had such a rough night - but good on you for not letting that kick start you into eating allsorts. Hopefully your mum will come round and you'll be all sorted for your childcare :)

I'm truly fed up with treading on egg shells with her.

I have decided that formalising my childcare arrangement with a nursery will at least mean I can't be held to ransom like this. It will cost me loads, and upset her but i'm not going to get emotionally thumped every couple of weeks and then me have to go through the stress of resolving things....cos she won't.

I'm tired and i'm just fed up of it all.

Night night everyone. Thank you for your kind words.

I'm off to bed for a cry, a cuddle and some sleep before I start prepping my work tomoz for Monday.:sigh::sigh::sigh:

hope everyone feeling beter today.

Back