Sausage on a mission - veggie green days diary

silly sausage said:
Gail goes to class?? :eek: *thumbs thru the Sunday thread rule book*

Admit it, you only go for your hi-fi bar fix. I wont tell anyone, honest ;)

Rule book ????? :eek: :p

There is an element of the HiFi bar thing !!!! However I quite like the group and the opportunity to discuss 'stuff' although I'm really not bothered about the WI itself. Hence I don't go to WI if I can't stay to group and if I had to pay to just WI when I couldn't stay and/or couldn't go, I just wouldn't bother. I don't begrudge SW a penny of what I've spent so far but there's no point in paying to do what I already do at home on Sunday.

OzzieMoz said:
Much as I like to stir the pot with my mighty wooden spoon ...... I have to be honest and say no you're not a fraud at all. You are a ray of sunshine and a lesson to us all in living life yet losing weight too.

Awwwwwww. You are so lovely. I always knew I liked you :)

silly sausage said:
I have been known to mash a banana myself. I am such a rebel! :cool:

Mashing a banana ???? And not synning it ?????? :eek: :eek:

Gail x

Sent from my iPhone

Great loss this week SS - well done :). Ta for all the recipes too, I must make that blooming loaf but need to put dried lentils on the shopping list - I usually just buy a tin.

Gobolino - it must be v difficult being nearly veggie and not eating mushrooms, they seem to be in so many things when you eat out. My brother is proper allergic to them and goes a rather fetching shade of purple if he goes anywhere near them :eek:

Beegee - I think some people use the tinned lentils for the loaf. You just don't boil them I think.

Thanks air hostess lady :D

New week! Here we go...

Sunday 9th October

Brunch:
quorn bacon (2 syns)
2 fried eggs
beans
mushrooms

Dinner:
beany ratatouille
wholewheat pasta
cheese (hexB)

fruit salad and cheeky monkey ice cream (4 syns)

Snacks:
milk (hexA)

Total syns: 6
Fluids: good
Exercise: none

Gobolino - The "fake Ben & Jerry's" is a range of ice creams in Aldi. They have monkey heads instead of phish lol They also do cookie dough and fudge brownie type ones. Lower in calories than B&J's and half the price. Suitable for vegetarians. Don't know how it compares tastewise as it has been so long since I had phish! Tasted lovely though. Photees below.

Attachments

• DSCF3831.jpg
    DSCF3831.jpg
    462.4 KB · Views: 58
  • DSCF3833.jpg
    DSCF3833.jpg
    373.7 KB · Views: 1,066
Monday 10th October

Breakfast:
porridge made with milk (hexB + hexA)
fruit salad

Lunch:
Quorn cheese burgers (1 syn + hexA + hexB)
topped with fried onions and chilli ketchup (1 syn)
fruit salad

Dinner:
curry (leftover beany ratatouille with curry powder and pickled onions :p)
baked potato
minty yoghurt

Snacks:
aldi choc/orange cereal bar (3 syns)

Total syns: 5

Attachments

• DSCF3837.jpg
    DSCF3837.jpg
    343.4 KB · Views: 61
:8855:How funny is that the ice-cream is called Cheeky Monkey !!! :8855:

Sausage I'm hoping to try the lentil loaf this week, will report back :)

Beegee - yep it is pretty hard for choices when you dont eat mushrooms! They are always on the menu in some form or other for veggies!

Tuesday 11th October

Breakfast:
fruit salad

Lunch:
speedy soup
roll + cheese + plum jam (hexB + hexA + 2 syns)

Dinner:
veg, noodles and Nando's sauce -
(roast BNS, courgette, pepper with boiled broccoli, sweetcorn and peas) (2 syns)

Snacks:
fruit salad - a new batch with mango, pear, kiwi, melon, pineapple, banana and grapes
carrot cake (1.5 syns)

Total syns: 5.5
Exercise: 5km crosstrainer + 15 mins hula hoop

I am in training in preparation of my kettlebell's delivery on Saturday. I can really feel the hula muscles today!

My daughter tried the fake cookie dough icecream, decided it was horrible and threw the tub in the bin :eek: so I cannot report back my findings on that flavour.

OMG! Your daughter is hard core, I can't imagine ever throwing ice cream away (unless it was that horrible blue bubble gum flavour one). If she fancies a holiday down south please send her to me - she'll keep me on the straight and narrow!

PS: I have no idea what a kettle bell is - is it some kind of weight? I tried reading the thread you linked to to get some clues but it was full of foreign phrases like 'press up' 'leg row' and 'one arm split snatch' which sounds - frankly - rather scary. Look after yourself up there, this sounds like a very dangerous hobby x

Hi Beegee - my daughter's talent for chucking ice cream in the bin may explain why she is a size 8. I had never heard of kettlebells a week ago then saw a post on here linking to the exercise thread. It is like a cannonball with a handle. More dangerous than a cannonball though! lol

Wednesday 12th October

Breakfast:
fruit salad

Lunch:
speedy soup
beans on toast with chilli ketchup (hexB + 0.5 syn)
apple

Dinner:
1/4 mushroom and lentil loaf (3 syns)
cheese and onion spud (hexA)
mushy peas and pickled beetroot

Snacks:
carrot cake (1.5 syns)
alpen bar (3 syns)

Total syns: 8

My dinner was out of focus. Didn't affect the flavour though :p

Attachments

• DSCF3842.jpg
    DSCF3842.jpg
    366.3 KB · Views: 47
Thursday 13th October

Breakfast:
fruit salad

Lunch:
scrambled eggs made with cottage cheese
beans
chilli ketchup (0.5 syns)

Beige dinner:
2 x Cauldron sausages (1 syn)
roast parsnips, potatoes, courgettes
jalapeno houmous
chilli ketchup (1 syn)

Snacks:
alpen bar + aldi bar (hexB)
maltesers (9.5 syns)
pear

Total syns: 12

Attachments

• DSCF3844.jpg
    DSCF3844.jpg
    493.4 KB · Views: 37
silly sausage said:
Thursday 13th October

Breakfast:
fruit salad

Lunch:
beans

Beige dinner:
2 x Cauldron sausages (1 syn)
roast parsnips, potatoes, courgettes
jalapeno houmous
chilli ketchup (1 syn)

Snacks:
alpen bar + aldi bar (hexB)
maltesers (9.5 syns)
pear

Total syns: 12

Hnmmmmmm that looks so yummy!!! I always have quorn sausages but those cauldron ones look good!!

I got frostbite yesterday from diving into freezers in Farmfoods. Well worth it though as I found 6 boxes of olde quorn sausages! Yaay!

Friday 14th October

Breakfast:
banana and grapes

Lunch:
beans

Dinner:
spicy parsnip tagine (hexB + 1 syn)
couscous with feta (hexA)
jalapeno houmous
banana with monkey heads (4 syns)

Snacks:
2 x non-alcohol beers (7 syns)
bag of crisps (6.5 syns)

Total syns: 19

A bit over syns, but I had the best dinner ever and am off work for a week! :D

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-recipes/239726-spicy-parsnip-tagine-veggie.html

Attachments

• DSCF3854.jpg
    DSCF3854.jpg
    351.2 KB · Views: 32
Sausage! ICECREAM!!!!! What are you doing to me lol. How much for 4syns. 100g of ben and jerrys cherry garcia frozen yogurt is 7.5syns.

Droolsome. I'm still yet to try your lentil loaf, I havde red split lentils here but not green and I was going crazy in tesco looking for them, I was probably blinkered as I was in a rush.

Sausage! ICECREAM!!!!! What are you doing to me lol. How much for 4syns. 100g of ben and jerrys cherry garcia frozen yogurt is 7.5syns.

A very heaped tablespoon. My head melted trying to calculate the syns. I posted this on Beegee's thread...

How do I calculate the syns in ice cream please? The tub gives calories per 100ml instead of grams. Is it safe to say if I heap a tablespoon that would be 3 x 15ml? Then 20 cals per syn.

So Cheeky Monkey is 143 cals per 100ml. A big spoon would be about 4 syns? More?

Beegee said it looked ok and I believe everything she says :D

Back