Sausage on a mission - veggie green days diary

Lucyloo - the only syns are in the baking powder. I got 19 out of that recipe yesterday (ate them all! :p)

I also sometimes use North African spices. There is a spice mix you can buy in Sainsburys called ras el hanout (it's a "Delia cheat"). A heaped teaspoon of that instead of curry and you have falafels for serving with couscous, humous etc.

Sunday 10th July

Brunch:
red grapefruit
wholemeal roll (hexB)
2 sausages (Morrison's meatfree Lincolnshire) (2 syns)
ketchup (1 syn)

Dinner:
pizza (hexA + hexB)
chips and ketchup (1 syn)
salad

Snacks:
milk for coffees (hexA)
plum, blueberries
orange kitkat (5.5 syns)

Total syns: 9.5
Fluids: good
Exercise: none

Can't be bothered typing juice, water etc, but I always have them. The lettuce and lonesome radish came from my garden. It is a pity I don't eat snails :p

Attachments

• DSCF3575.jpg
    DSCF3575.jpg
    495.3 KB · Views: 159
Hello just thought i would pop in and say hello you sound exactly the same as me I have also lost my mojo! I'm on a mission perfect this week as I have sts since the Dawn of time and only want another 8-10lbs off although I probably still won't be happy! I also struggle with the weekends as I'm out a fair bit but I am going to really try so good luck I may try a few green days to mix it up a bit.....

Rozieeee - yes, just one pitta sliced in two. They are very thin, but it means twice the toppings (which are the best bit!)

Hiya Baby-belle - those last few pounds must be tricky. Just keep plugging away, make your dinners as nice as possible and at least it if takes a while you will be enjoying the ride :D

Monday 11th July

Breakfast:
porridge and milk (hexA + hexB)
blueberries and strawberries

Lunch:
ryvita and laughing cow (hexA + hexB)
apple

Dinner:
quorn peppered steak,
herby roast veg (pepper, courgette, red onion, potatoes, tomatoes, garlic, rosemary, thyme)
harissa paste mixed with Greek yoghurt blobbed on the side

Snacks:
cherries, blueberries,
half a tube of bloody pringles (45 syns)

Total syns: 45 - recalculated to 21.5 for half a tube. Yaay!
Fluids: good
Exercise: Rosemary Conley salsacise - 20 mins

Oh dear, my son insisted on buying prawn cocktail pringles to try. He ate one and didn't like them. I inhaled half the tube which google says is 45 pringles and someone here said they are a syn each. What an eejit! :eek: The rest are in the wheelie. Felt rotten this morning too. If "you are what you eat", then I feel like a big, fat, fake prawn today!!

I plan to be an angel for the rest of the week :eek:

Attachments

• DSCF3577.jpg
    DSCF3577.jpg
    499.2 KB · Views: 121
Last edited:
One mistake you've done well with the rest. Your food looks lovely, I've printed off the onion bharji recipe thanks and good luck :)

Thanks Caroline :)

I am finding the photo taking quite good therapy. It means I have something to stall me for a moment at dinnertime rather than just troughing my nosh the second it comes out the oven!

Oh dear. I heard something on the news the other day that there is something in crisps they put in that keeps you wanting more!! It is so true about the once you pop thing. Stay away from them - they are evil!!!! lol. Thanks for your lovely message. Harrissa paste? What is it and is it syn free?? xx

Yeh I'm really going to try different things as I think I do stick to the same things I am going to try mixing days up to.

Lucyloo - Harissa is syn free and is an intense North African paste of peppers, chillis, spices, rose petals and stuff. A bit pricey, but a little goes a long way. It comes in a little jar and keeps for ages in the fridge. I use it to make dips and you can add it to couscous.

Yep, definitely something sinister about pringles :hmm:

Gawd, are Pringles really a syn each?! I suppose they would be. There should be a law against them, they are far too moreish and are utterly vacant nutritionally. Why doesn't the government just ban them and do us all a favour. I don't blame you for scoffing half a tube but it's not as if you've done irreversible damage so good luck being angelic for the rest of the week.

Have added Harrissa to my shopping list for this week. Is it kept with the herbs and spices (am worried I won't be able to find it!)? Your roast veg look fab by the way!

I have just looked Pringles up for you. I don't think they are 1 syn each. According to the nutritional info they are 519 cals per 100g. Each tube is 165g so 856 cals for the whole tube (= 43 syns for the whole tube). So although not great, not nearly as bad as you thought :D

So, it is just one day. Not the end of the world. And I probably ate a similar amount of syns in chocolate today so you are not alone :eek: ! You have done well so far. Get back on it and you can still have a loss this week.

Big hugs.

Gail x

Back