Sausage on a mission - veggie green days diary

Oh that's good Pringle news - not quite so evil after all!

Ooohh Gail! Thank you! That is good news indeed :bunnydance:

Hiya Chinchilla :D

Beegee - in our Sainsburys, the harissa is with the weird stuff rather than the herbs and spices. On their website they call it "special selection foods", if that helps. Probably not lol

Tuesday 12th July

Breakfast:
porridge and milk (hexA + hexB)
blueberries and strawberries

Lunch:
apple
wholemeal roll (hexB)
scrambled eggs and ketchup (1 syn)

Dinner:
spicy mixed bean salsa
2 x quorn lamby grills
cheesy yoghurt (grated Kerry lowlow and 0% Greek yog) (hexA)
lettuce

Snacks:
apple
scan bran cake (1.5 syns)

Total syns: 2.5
Fluids: good
Exercise: Rosemary Conley salsacise - 20 mins

Will have more syns today. Sounds daft, but I am feeling better for doing the salsacise already (after 2 days lol). It is very gentle - like line dancing with a wiggle - but it is pulling my tummy in I reckon. Or maybe my posture is just a bit better. Dunno, but I am enjoying it.

Attachments

• DSCF3578.jpg
    DSCF3578.jpg
    521.7 KB · Views: 103
Well done Sausage. I'm not sure your lunches would keep me satisfied but I like the sound of your dinners. Fancy a trip to Manchester to cook for me for a while ??? :)

Gail x

Hehe...no chance. I know what you mean about my lunches. I have breakfast at 9am and lunch at 3pm. I work between these hours, but don't like to eat at work. Only fruit and water. By the time I get lunch, I am happy to eat anything that hits the spot. You might have liked today's lunch though - spicy mixed bean and tomato soup. Made it last night for today and tomorrow and it is very filling (and syn free!)

The soup is just whizzed up passata, stock, onion, tin of mixed beans and cajun spices. Very filling.

Wednesday 13th July

Breakfast:

Lunch:
apple
spicy mixed bean and tomato soup

Dinner:
cheesey bake (hexA + hexB for cheese)

Snacks:
cherries
M&S lentil curls (4.5 syns)
2 x orange kitkats (11 syns)

Total syns: 15.5
Exercise: Rosemary Conley salsacise - 20 mins

I overcooked the cauliflower in the bake so it looks like baby mush, but it was very cheesey and that's what matters.

Attachments

• DSCF3582.jpg
    DSCF3582.jpg
    360 KB · Views: 117
A bit samey today.

Thursday 14th July

Breakfast:

Lunch:
apple
spicy mixed bean and tomato soup

Dinner:
cheesey bake (half portion so hexB only for cheese)
lettuce

Snacks:
melon
quavers (4.5 syns)
3 jumbo snack a jacks (6 syns)

Total syns: 10.5
Exercise: Rosemary Conley salsacise - 30 mins

I am too mortified to post what I ate yesterday :eek:

Anyway, a new day and a new mission. Just been explaining on the Sunday thread that I am on holiday now for a week. Without the routine of the working day, there is a real danger I will go off the rails completely.

To try to prevent this, I will be having a set menu this week - same food every day. This means I don't have to think of food and have no reason to go into the kitchen to get anything that is not on the list. Sounds a bit silly, but I did it once before for a week and it was very successful.

Once I have worked out my daily menu, I will post it here. Hope you are all having a better weekend :) x

Hello Silly sausage

I'm just having a nosey at your diary as I'm probably going to be mostly green days for a bit and I'm loving the sound of the tomato and bean soup so I think I'll try that one next week (already have this week's soups planned).

I'm doing it from home without a group (or online!) recently found it very difficult to stick to but I'm back to try again :)

Will be following your diary with interest. :)

Hiya Red :D

I am also doing it from home. I weigh on the Sunday thread which is a great help. As none of us go to group we have nobody in real life to bore to death talking about scan bran with etc, so we have a good natter on the thread. Pop in any time :) x

Ooo that sounds yum!!

Can't wait to see the photos :D

I think I did a you today. Not even going to try and syn what I ate lol...

Off to make the bhajis :)

Back