Sausage on a mission - veggie green days diary

Yaay! Gwenny, just noticed you are a Weegie too! Enjoy your bhaji baws lol

Well, I enjoyed the Mediterranean sausage gratin. All the flavours were there - lemony breadcrumbs, fennel, bursting cherry toms, but it was a bit dry. I think I will try it again with some passata to moisten it a bit.

I used 4 x Cauldron Lincolnshire veggie sausages - only 0.5 syn each. Dried oregano because I couldn't get fresh and didn't think to grow any. Dumped the olive oil for fry light. I will make it again slightly differently :)

Attachments

• DSCF3586.jpg
    DSCF3586.jpg
    518.3 KB · Views: 77
  • DSCF3587.jpg
    DSCF3587.jpg
    494.2 KB · Views: 88
Mmmm yumm. I used to do a fennel gratin and made a tomato garlic sauce to go on it before the breadcrumbs and cheese and that was nice. Might have a go at that one. Can you get the sausages from Tesco? In freezer?

My bhaji baws were ace! Even the nephew ate loads of them!

Might have to steal that sausage gratin recipe as it looks yum :)

Loving the diary sausage!

I lol at the plastic cheese comment, everyone loves plastic cheese. :-D

I'm always looking for new veggie ideas, hope you dont mind me popping in. X

Hi Sausage :)

I'm a newbie on here, and am also a veggie doing SW green days from home (starting tomorrow!). Your recipes look fab, hope you don't mind me following you too x

Welcome, thefinalcountdown. I have that song by Europe in my head now...arrrgg! Have you done SW before? You will love it!

Hiya Cake. The more the merrier. Thanks for befriending me :D

Had my WI this morning and I gained a pound this week. I think I got off lightly after my pigginess on Friday. Nevermind. The new week starts today!

Was going to start my set menu week today, but still have last night's leftovers to finish so will start tomorrow. When I opened the fridge this morning I was smacked in the face by the smell of fennel and lemon :) Brilliant.

Hahaha, sorry :p I've started with SW a few times, and normally lose about half a stone in the first couple of weeks, then my flatmate goes and buys cake, my willpower crumbles and I give up!

I've decided that I'm taking it seriously and not giving in this time, which is why I've joined here for a bit of extra support. I know a few people who have used SW to lose a significant amount and keep it off, so I know it works if you keep at it :) x

silly sausage said:
Welcome, thefinalcountdown. I have that song by Europe in my head now...arrrgg! Have you done SW before? You will love it!

Hiya Cake. The more the merrier. Thanks for befriending me :D

Had my WI this morning and I gained a pound this week. I think I got off lightly after my pigginess on Friday. Nevermind. The new week starts today!

Was going to start my set menu week today, but still have last night's leftovers to finish so will start tomorrow. When I opened the fridge this morning I was smacked in the face by the smell of fennel and lemon :) Brilliant.

Agh sausage it's only 1lb, it'll vanish next week. I always struggle emotionally with a gain and wish I could take my own advice. It's long term so there are bound to be gains but as long as the trend is down then we're winning. Have a good week Hun. X

Hi Sausage, referring back several pages to the harissa - do you use the tunisian stuff in a toothpaste type tube or the Belazu rose harissa?

I've got both, and far prefer the Belazu - its far less harsh - a tsp in some yoghurt is a great dip for carrots and cucumber. The tunisian stuff is relegated to adding chilli heat to stuff when I've no fresh chillis in.

PS Pringles are indeed eeeeviilll

Hi Hazysummer :)

I usually buy the Belazu, but the jar I have currently is an M&S one. It was £1 something instead of £3 something (Belazu), so gave it a go. It has petals in it, but is not as subtle as the Belazu. I have not seen any in a toothpaste tube yet, but will avoid it if I do. Thanks for the warning :)

Thanks Cake and Gwenny. I am not fretting about gaining a pound this week because I deserved it. If I ever have a great week and gain, then I will cry! :eek:

Decided today not to do the set menu week after all. Doing a superspeed soup week instead! Made a huge batch and will have it for lunches to keep me out of mischief while I am off work. I got the cutest sweetheart cabbage for only 22p today so put half of it in the soup. It is going to be lethal lol :D

The new week started today. So far, so good! :D

Sunday 17th July

Brunch:
cheese beano (hexA + hexB)

Dinner:
fennel and sausage gratin (0.5 hexB for breadcrumbs and 1 syn for sausages)

Snacks:
milk for coffees (hexA)
Alpen chocolate fudge bar (0.5 hexB)
bowl of ss soup (for quality control :p)
lemon meringe Greek yoghurt with pineapple, strawberries and blueberries (2 syns for lemon curd, 3 syns for meringue)

Total syns: 6
Fluids: good
Exercise: none

Also made a loaf so I have my breakfasts sorted for this week. Oh dear, my cooling tray looks like I fished it out a rusty old skip. I didn't, honest :eek:

Attachments

• DSCF3592.jpg
    DSCF3592.jpg
    491.6 KB · Views: 65
  • DSCF3596.jpg
    DSCF3596.jpg
    425.5 KB · Views: 79
Your loaf looks lovely. Do you syn it or Hex it Sausage? I make my own bread but I've given it a rest during SW or I get carried away, bread is my total downfall. Dessert looks lucious too. Hope this is a good week for you :)

Aaaww thanks Stacey. You have reminded me it is now only 4 weeks to go!

Hi Red. I hex the bread. Don't know if this is strictly legal, but I find it helps with my loss. I make the dough in a machine then bake it in a tin in the oven so it's a bit of a cheat. It is made with 50% wholemeal/50% white and extra virgin olive oil so I reckon it is pretty healthy compared to shop bought.

Is it literally just lemon curd, yogurt and a meringue? I'll have to give it a go! I love lemon meringue :D

Back