Sausage on a mission - veggie green days diary

:woohoo:
Go Sausage!! Well done on your fantastic result and getting under 200!! I'm really chuffed for you, it's so well deserved. Have a very happy SW birthday! x

(quorn curry looks excellent btw!)

Yeay well done sausage :) that's amazing !! My first weigh in tomorrow and I'm very nervous as last night I went way over my syns at my friends birthday party and I'm at a 70th today ugh :( xx

I was going to do my diary for just 6 weeks until today, but I think I will carry on cos it's fun :D

Good luck for WI tomorrow Coolkerry!

To celebrate my SW birthday (and to stop Gwenny and Ermintrude laughing at my chickpea abuse :p) I have treated myself to an electric mini chopper. Just made some jalapeno houmous and it was amazing and lump free!!! The machine is so dinky that I had to make it in two batches for one tin of chickpeas. When I get to target I will buy a full sized red Magimix food processor! (Will bob a bank/win the lottery first obviously :rolleyes:)

Well done Sausage!!! That's fantastic!! Happy SW Birthday!! xx ;)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Sunday 14th August

Breakfast:
scrambled egg, beans, cherry tomatoes,
2 x Cauldron sausages (1 syn)

Lunch:
krisprolls (hexB)
jalapeno houmous,
can of zero alcohol beer (3.5 syns)

Dinner:
fennel gratin (hexB + 1 syn)
cauliflower and fine beans topped with plastic cheese (hexA)

Snacks:
milk for coffees (hexA)
grapes,
carrot cake (3 syns)

Total syns: 8.5
Fluids: not great
Exercise: none

Monday 15th August

Breakfast:
porridge made with milk (hexB + hexA)
banana, grapes, strawberries

Lunch:
spicy cauliflower and butterbean soup (0.5 syn)
coronation coleslaw (1 syn)
apple

Dinner:
feta and veg cannelloni with cheese on top (hexA + hexB) on lettuce and balsamic vinegar

Snacks:
grapes

Total syns: 1.5
Fluids: better

Been playing with my mini chopper hence the coleslaw and cannelloni! :D

The cannelloni was ace :eat: Feta, onion, garlic, courgette, mushroom, fresh basil, chilli flakes and black pepper...all whizzed in the chopper then stuffed raw into cannelloni tubes. Topped with 390g carton of passata mixed with spag bol oxo cube and herbs. Cover in foil and baked for 40 mins then topped with light cheddar.

Attachments

• DSCF3670.jpg
    DSCF3670.jpg
    489 KB · Views: 33
I might steal the cannelloni recipe too :p

Need to get more creative. Got a hand blender today so will be doing all sorts of soups. Think it can do the houmous too :D

Just wanted to say hi! Love your Thread! I am a vegetarian so can totally relate.

Today is day one, I finally feel in the right frame if mind to lose weight - I am determined.

I am taking it one day at a time, and day one has been good!

:)

Hi Sausage,

Just catching up after my week away. FANTASTIC result over the last 2 weeks. You must be so proud. Don't look back (I know you've had a slow few months), just think about what you have achieved and how far you've come since you started. 4 stone in a year - bet you never thought you'd lose that :). Happy SW anniversary and here's to another successful year for both of us :D

Gail x

Sent from my iPhone

Yoohooooo - I've come visiting! :p Actually I was looking for Gail as I thought we had mislaid her and then I found your diary, and didn't like to read and run.... I'm going to have a good read tomorrow morning as I reckon you might remind me what to eat. As I think I mentioned on sunday weighers, I'm going to stick with green days as I do better without meat, but I can't remember what sort of things I used to eat! You are going to be my inspiration! My new green guru! You might have to shave your head and wear robes a la Gandhi stylee to fit this role, but I'm sure you will be happy to oblige ;) :D

To celebrate my SW birthday (and to stop Gwenny and Ermintrude laughing at my chickpea abuse :p) I have treated myself to an electric mini chopper. Just made some jalapeno houmous and it was amazing and lump free!!! The machine is so dinky that I had to make it in two batches for one tin of chickpeas.

Yay for the mini chopper! :D Ha I love mine, Ive got a mini kenwood one that I got for about a tenner from Sainsburys years ago, its ace! I didn't have a real one til a few weeks ago when I got one for my birthday but tbh its rubbish, I WAY prefer the mini one :) At first I couldn't do hummus in it, but now I stick most stuff in, whizz it so it shrinks, then stick the rest in and whizz again :)

SS - you are so full of great ideas, that canelloni looks AMAZING!!

Now, do I need one of these chopper things or is it similar to a hand blender which I've already got. I do have a food processor but never use it as it's so big and a real pain in the ar*e to clean so I can't be bothered with it. Mini chopper sounds more manageable!

*pokes Moz with a joss stick* :p I will have to pass on shaving my head. I am still recovering from the trauma of having to mow my legs before going to the doctor's today.

Hiya Bekijane and welcome to Minimins! SW is very veggie-friendly so you should have no problem eating amazing dinners and not feeling hungry :)

Ermintrude - I was emptying the chickpeas in batches :eek: D'oh! How daft am I? lol I should do as you do and just add more when the others shrink down. Loving the wee chopper already. That's how the cannelloni came about - I was just looking around for anything I could chop :D

Hey Beegee. This is the one I got. It is tiny, but doesn't take up much room or have loads of bits and pieces so suits me. I had a food processor years ago and it was such a faff and took up too much space. I binned it. My next full sized one will be so gorgeous and red that it will be on the worktop instead of in a cupboard :D

Kenwood CH180 Mini Chopper, 300 Watt: Amazon.co.uk: Kitchen & Home

Tuesday 16th August

Breakfast:
porridge made with milk (hexB + hexA)
banana, grapes, strawberries

Lunch:
spicy cauliflower and butterbean soup (0.5 syn)
apple

Dinner:
roasted butternut squash with veg, feta and pine nuts (hexA + hexB + 2 syns for olive oil)
lettuce and balsamic vinegar

Snacks:
grapes
fennel tea

Total syns: 2.5
Fluids: good

How good are pine nuts?! I used this recipe, but left out the breadcrumbs and parmesan and swapped goats cheese for feta. Used a tsp of olive oil on the BNS and frylight on the veg. Bit of extra herbs and chilli.

Roasted butternut squash with goat's cheese recipe - Recipes - BBC Good Food

Attachments

• DSCF3678.jpg
    DSCF3678.jpg
    496.6 KB · Views: 34
Chopper looks good! Have added it to my wishlist and over the next couple of days will think about whether I'd use it. I'll be looking for chopper opportunities and see if I'd get my money's worth!

Just seen your diary for today - dinner looks great again x
Pine nuts really are the business aren't they. I may start using a hexb on them every so often rather than just having cereal bars.

Back