Sausage on a mission - veggie green days diary

Jam quality control is an absolute must - well done for allocating 6 syns for that :) I'm glad you enjoy the curry, I love it too! Erm its in the vegetarian slow cooker thread under the recipes tab if you're interested. Have a good week!

Our interweb connection is dead ropey. It's driving me nuts! *insert that smiley whacking pc with a hammer as it takes too long to load extra smileys...grrr!!!*

I don't think it's you I think it's Minimins. It's been sooooo slow lately for me.

How you do you make your ratatouille? I've never made it but I should do as I like what goes in it and would be lovely I would imagine with mushroom/lentil loaf. I think I might make that today - the loaf that is!

The ratatouille is just a posh name for basic veggie "red stuff"....any old veg and beans in a tomato sauce. This time I had cheapo mushrooms and kidney beans to use up. Also added grated carrot, a tin of baked beans, frozen sweetcorn and an evil green pepper. I hate how often I have to buy green peppers in multipacks. This is a good recipe for burying green peppers. "Red stuff" can be used for stews, curries, spag bols, chillies, cottage pie or whatever. Freezable, microwavable and full of superfrees. Just bung it whatever you have Moz :D It is similar to this one...

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-wo...n-veggie-green-days-diary-12.html#post3955405

Tuesday 6th September

Breakfast:
porridge made with milk (hexB + hexA)
banana and plums

Lunch:
roll (hexB)
cottage cheese, plum jam (1 syn) and walnuts (2 syns)
plums

Dinner:
quorn chilli mince (4 syns?)
cheese and onion baked potatoes (hexA)
pea guacamole
peppadews and pickled beetroot

Snacks:
carrot cake (1.5 syns)
plums

Total syns: 8.5ish
Fluids: good
Exercise: none

I synned the mince as it was my daughter's leftovers and she had made it with olive oil and some synful spice sachet. OMG, as Capricorn suggested, the cheese and onion spuds do have all the taste and stodginess of a Greggs pastie! :woohoo:

Attachments

• DSCF3740.jpg
    DSCF3740.jpg
    458.9 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
Wednesday 7th September

Breakfast:
banana and plums

Lunch:
2 small rolls (hexB + 2 syns)
quorn bacon (2 syns)
ketchup (0.5 syn)
apple

Dinner:
mushroom and lentil loaf (hexA)
ratatouille
baked potato

Pudding:
carrot cake, Greek yog, jam and chopped banana (2 syns)

Snacks:
plums

Total syns: 6.5

Bit disappointing exercise-wise this week. Been working late and am too knackered. Maybe catch up at the weekend.

Thursday 8th September

Breakfast:
banana and plums

Lunch:
roll (hexB)
laughing cow light (part hexA)
apple

Dinner:
quorn peppered steak
baked potato with laughing cow light (rest of hexA)
cajun stew out of the freezer (made me feel dead organised :p)

Snacks:
carrot cake (1.5 syns)
quavers (4.5 syns)
plums

Total syns: 6

Jam quality control is an absolute must - well done for allocating 6 syns for that :) I'm glad you enjoy the curry, I love it too! Erm its in the vegetarian slow cooker thread under the recipes tab if you're interested. Have a good week!

Yum yum, I am off to peruse! :)

Yum yum, I am off to peruse! :)

Hi Erm - The slow cooked Moroccan butternut stew is also lovely on that thread (post #4) and might help with your squash buying addiction problem lol :psiholog:

Friday 9th September

Breakfast:
banana and plums

Lunch:
roll (hexB)
1 x laughing cow light (part hexA)
apple, plums

Dinner:
sweet potato, chickpea and kara coconut curry (part hexA)
brown rice

Snacks:
carrot cake (1.5 syns)
gallons of red wine and tons of popcorn :eek:

Total syns: ???
Fluids: not good ones

Oh bums. My challenge failed yesterday, but I am back on track today. I feel malnourished and crappy today.

I used the Kara coconut milk yesterday for the first time. It was lovely, but the star of the curry was definitely the fennel seeds. Got some quorn chunks to make a Thai curry with the Kara. Might suit the taste better.

Attachments

• DSCF3744.jpg
    DSCF3744.jpg
    491.9 KB · Views: 30
Hi Erm - The slow cooked Moroccan butternut stew is also lovely on that thread (post #4) and might help with your squash buying addiction problem lol

:psiholog:

:8855: Oh God I seriously need treating...

I've... just been to Waitrose... again... :ashamed0005: :whistle:

Snacks:
carrot cake (1.5 syns)

emoticon_thumbsup.gif

Total syns: ???
Fluids: not good ones

I'm sorry your challenge didn't go well yesterday, but is it wrong that I laughed out loud when I read this?!! Sausage, don't sweat it, real life happens and sometimes red wine is just too good to have in moderation. Am now thinking that my drink of choice tonight may be a drop of ye olde vin rouge ....

This week's result:

2 lbs on for me this week. Well deserved after Friday's wine shenanigans. I will contort myself and kick my own arse so save your energy nice people :eek:

Saturday 10th September

Breakfast:
cheese beano (hexA + hexB)

Lunch:
leftover curry and rice (part hexA)

Dinner:
leftover curry and rice (again) (part hexA)

Snacks:
2 x Aldi bars (hexB)
milk for coffees (6 syns)
quavers (4.5 syns)
2 x meringues (5 syns)

Total syns: 15.5

Hey sausage,

5.5 lbs off last week and 2 lbs on this week is still a net loss of (and you know my maths is good from the pringles incident !!) 3.5 lbs. So put it behind you and move on. Hope you have a good week this week.

Gail x

Sent from my iPhone

Thanks Gail :) My week is off to a good start. Veg and fruit for dinner, lots of fizzy water and a swim. Feeling more human now.

Sunday 11th September

Brunch:
toast (hexB)
beans
2 x fried eggs

Dinner:
quorn peppered steak
herby roast veg and Nando's sauce (1 syn)
fruit salad and caramac ice cream bar (6 syns)

Snacks:
milk for coffees (hexA)
bread and jam (hexB + 1 syn)

Total syns: 8
Exercise: swimming and garden stuff

Attachments

• DSCF3750.jpg
    DSCF3750.jpg
    514.6 KB · Views: 27
  • DSCF3749.jpg
    DSCF3749.jpg
    519.5 KB · Views: 26
Monday 12th September

Breakfast:
fruit salad

Lunch:
apple

Dinner:
Thai quorn and mushroom curry (3 syns for kara coconut milk)
basmati rice

Snacks:
meringue (2.5 syns)
lemon curd (1 syn)
Greek yoghurt and fruit salad

Total syns: 6.5
Exercise: none - scared I will blow away if I go outside today. My story and I'm sticking to it :p

Food's looking good SS! While I should obviously be particularly envious of your roast veg or something, I especially like the sound of Caramac ice cream bars - yum yum. Glad you're feeling better now and look after yourself, I've heard the weather is very grim up north at the moment x

Hope you survived your windy episode :p

I'm a bit concerned that I have noticed an absence of bananas lately ... as you pointed out the other day that they are all that keep you sane (well that was my interpretation of what you said! ;) ) anyway, it leaves me worried about (a) you (b) Scotland and (c) the rest of mankind..... :8855:

I'm a bit concerned that I have noticed an absence of bananas lately ...

I'm a bit concerned that you haven't been paying attention, young lady! :p I've been chowing that banana laden fruit salad for days and am perfectly sane as a result. Me >>> :banana dancer:

Tuesday 13th September

Breakfast:
banana and plums

Lunch:
apple

Dinner:
speedy soup

Snacks:
M&S lentil curls (4.5 syns)

Total syns: 4.5