Sausage on a mission - veggie green days diary

Hey sausage, how are you doing hun?

Saturday you had a bit of a curry fest, I've been on a curry kick too. I think my subconscious is hoping for a metabolism kick from the spices. Wishful thinking perhaps hehe.

Have you tried the linda mccartney italian sausages, they are quite nice, meal nice not brekkie nice lol (they have peppers in them). Any idea on syns, I've gone for 1syn?

I'm a bit concerned that you haven't been paying attention, young lady! :p I've been chowing that banana laden fruit salad for days and am perfectly sane as a result. Me >>> :banana dancer:

I hang my head in shame :eek: It never occurred to me that they would be in the fruit salad. I am abject in my apologies. I'll scrape some dog/puppy/cat hair off the carpet and make a hairshirt and wear it - there's probably instructions on t'internet somewhere! :D

I just had a bizarre moment, I was cutting a slice of old lady cake for LittleOzMoz to go in her school lunch and I had a little slice - it's breakfast time - what's that all about? :8855: :eek: I never do that! Today I think I need to be doubly vigilant, I sense a disturbance in the force!

Hi Cake - I am not a big fan of Linda's food, but will look out for her Italian sausages and report back. I'm always on the lookout for something new thanks :)

This week I tried Weetabix Toffee Dazzler Oaty Bars cos I saw Beegee eating them. OMG they are amazing and may have to go on my banned foods list if I don't stop scoffing them! :eek: They taste of oat crunchies out of my mum's old Be-ro book...mmm...oats and golden syrup! And only 4 syns or a hexB!

Moz - That old lady cake was obviously irresistible. At least if you eat it in the morning you have all day to burn it off :D

Wednesday 14th September

Breakfast:
porridge made with milk (hexB + hexA)
banana and strawberries

Lunch:
speedy soup
bread and extra bread (hexB + 6 syns)
apple

Dinner:
cottage pie - ratatouille out of the freezer topped with cheese and onion mash (hexA)

Snacks:
2 x oaty bars (8 syns)
M&S lentil curls (4.5 syns)

Total syns: 18.5
Fluids: good
Exercise: swimming

Thursday 15th September

Breakfast:
banana and strawberries

Lunch:
speedy soup
roll (hexB)
oaty bar (4 syns)
apple

Dinner:
mushroom and lentil loaf (hexA)
broccoli, sweetcorn, peas, cherry tomatoes
Nando's sauce (1 syn)

Snacks:
grapes, pineapple

Total syns: 9.5
Exercise: mowed grass for ages

Attachments

• DSCF3755.jpg
    DSCF3755.jpg
    525.1 KB · Views: 57
Friday 16th September

Breakfast:
banana and strawberries

Lunch:
speedy soup
3 x garlic krisprolls (hexB)
apple

Dinner:
mushroom and lentil loaf (hexA)
broccoli, sweetcorn, peas, cherry tomatoes
Nando's sauce (1 syn)

Snacks:
jalapeno houmous with 5 ryvita crackerbreads (5 syns)
oaty bar (4 syns)

Total syns: 14.5
Exercise: none

Saturday 17th September

Brunch:
2 x boiled eggs
an orange

Dinner:
starter: breaded mushrooms with garlic yog dip (hexB)
main: quorn cheeseburgers with jalapeno relish and extra jalapenos, salad and garlic yog (hexA + hexB + 1 syn)
pudding: debatable frozen banana yog with pineapple, banana and grapes

Snacks:
can of M&S slimline G&T (6.5 syns)
lentil curls (4.5 syns)
milk for coffees (hexA)

Total syns: 12
Exercise: swimming

Dabatable pud as I mushed up half a banana and didn't syn it. My bad. Ate the other half in the fruit salad. The fakey ice cream was ok but not great. Would add some honey next time.

Attachments

• DSCF3765.jpg
    DSCF3765.jpg
    512.5 KB · Views: 43
  • DSCF3766.jpg
    DSCF3766.jpg
    476.9 KB · Views: 40
  • DSCF3770.jpg
    DSCF3770.jpg
    389.6 KB · Views: 40
Oh great result this week SS - fantastic job!! You are absolutely cruising at the moment. I think you may need to step away from the Oaty Bars soon though ... or are you considering buying shares in Weetabix?! They are good though aren't they, quite a find. Here's to another good week for you hun x

ps - I definitely wouldn't bother synning the banana. Stupid rule. It's not as if you had 6 in a banana milkshake.

Cheers Beegee :D I am saving a hexB for an Oaty bar tonight with a cuppa. I love them! You seem to thrive on mangoes, so I bought a couple of bogof ones in Sainsburys at the weekend for the first time. Some were dark green and some had golden freckled patches. I chose the latter, but am not sure if that was right. Any wisdom on how to look for a good one and how to tell when it is ripe would be great. Please and thank you :)

Sunday 18th September

Brunch:
2 x Morrisons Lincolnshire meat-free sausages (1 syn)
2 x fried eggs
beans

Dinner:
veg and old quorn sausage cajun stew
wholewheat pasta
cheese (hexA)

Snacks:
milk for coffees (hexA)
Oaty bar (hexB)
bread and plum jam (hexB + 1 syn)
grapes

Total syns: 2
Exercise: none

This week is going to be pretty unexciting foodwise. Only so many things you can do with a big bucket of cajun stew :rolleyes:

Ooh, mango advice ... I think you chose well if you want a ripe one. Green often means not quite ripe and if they still feel utterly solid it's not ready. They don't change colour completely but may turn a bit more golden when ripe. It should be firm-ish but also give nicely (without being too squishy) if you press it. I tend to buy the 2 packs called something like 'ripe and ready' and even then I tend to leave them for a couple of days before they're 'done'.

I remember us having a discussion ages ago about whether mango was stalling my weight loss as it's not super free. I think in the long run it transpired that it wasn't as my losses were still rubbish when I cut them out. I have re-introduced them now but have a lot less - maybe 3 or 4 a month just in case.

Anyway - enjoy, I do find them utterly yum and they always seem rather indulgent somehow.

Diary is still looking good!

Good stuff. Glad I picked the prettier ones now :D Thanks Beegee. These two are like cannonballs, so I may put them in with the bananas to see if that ripens them up quicker. When I saw them on offer I reckoned you were right about the Oaty bars being fab so must be right about mangoes too lol

I love mangoes! We have a mango tree but I've never had a mango from it - in fact I have no idea what happens to the mangoes! I think the bats eat them - or our neighbours. I really must find out :8855: Because they're really common here, like apple trees in England, we often get a tray load from friends, usually I suppose because they are in season we get far too many all in one go and then none for ages!

The "old quorn sausage cajun stew" made me smile .... it made the sausages sound either mouldy or that it should be Ye Olde Cajun Stewe, olde english styleeeeee! or in your case Olde scottish styleee, hoots mon, whars ma links! <<---- authentic scottish accent! :8855:

Sausage, you are doing so well sweetie, your food looks great, keep going babe! We will be thin, we will be thin!

Beegee, I LOVE mangos!!! Omnom, slippery and juicy lol.

Monday 19th September

Breakfast:
banana, pineapple, grapes

Lunch:
1/4 mushroom and lentil loaf (3 syns)
beans
apple

Dinner:
veg and ye olde quorn sausage cajun stew
baked potato
cheese (hexA)