Savoury Drink and Sweet Shakes

louie22

I am a newbie (day 3) and was wondering about the savoury drink. I was given a couple of sachets by the counsellor but have only had one of them. It tasted exactly like a stock cube in water and wondered what the difference is. I also wondered how many people use them - will 2 a day make a big difference to slowing down weight loss?

I am also struggling with the sweet drinks - find them kind of powdery even when I have added more water and used the blender. They also have a weird synthetic taste. Any tips to make them nicer!!!

Thanks
Louie:confused:

I had the savoury sachets now and again... as i didnt like soups so made the crisps with my soup and had the savory drink with it... I didnt have the daily though, so I dont knwo what difference they make to your weightloss... I think the reason not to have more than two a day is because of the laxative effect of them... ( please someone correct me if i'm wrong... It seems ages since i had them!)

Eventually the shakes just grow on you and you get used to the taste and smell... i remeber initially they stunk and than a i got into ketosis they were fine and tasted great... also i went through phases of liking certain flavours... and than suddenly goign off them and liking another flavour... at one point i used to have only choc shakes made into muffins!!!!

nas x

Hi

Essentially the savoury drinks are a stock cube! Many people on here buy Marigold Bouillon instead as it tastes the same and is only just over £1 for a tub. But the savoury drink sachets are useful to keep in your bag...
Marigold has 12 cals per teaspoon so won't make much effect on your weightloss - although the extra salts might if you are sensitive to that. I haven't found it to be the case.

Sandra,
Marigold do a variety 0f bouillon flavours, are all ok?

I use the bouillion powder and it doesn't seem to have affected my weight loss. Have only used the basic orange one with the green lid (I think) but I am sure people on here have all mentioned using the others too. It is really nice.

I agree with dietingqueen that the shakes do grow on you and tastes change - currently I have banana, strawberry and choc but before the banana and strawberry came out I went through a phase of only buying the chocolate. You could maybe vary them a bit - the choc is nice with the fruits of the forest flavouring and the vanilla with the st clements. Maybe try using water that has been refrigerated if you don't already!

Others have suggested mixing different flavours together or adding coffee to the banana, choc or vanilla. I did try peppermint tea with the choc 1 once, that was quite nice.

Hope that gives you some ideas.

Thanks for the iseas - think I might grab some marigold next time I go to the supermarket!

I tried the vanilla shake this morning with coffe in it but didn't like that either:sigh: have my first pop in tomorrow so will have chat with counsellor. they just make me feel really queasy. Might have to stick with soups!

Back