Sawyer - To Pregnancy and Beyond!

So I made it through night shifts without too much of a wobble! Was starving at 0630 this am so had some porridge in leiu of toast lathered with butter! Would normally have had 3 slices and 5 pats of butter !

Quite proud of myself. A little flexi synning happening and loads of edits as I went through nights but feeling good! Rewarding myself with a SW friendly burger and chips tonight!

Hey - here to sub and wish you good luck!

Loving your food diary and the layout with the colours etc - one thing I would say is just incase you aren't aware bananas now aren't classed as a speed food and so maybe if you can have something speedy with your breakfasts? Not criticising but I notice that I don't get enough speed foods into my diet and need to work harder at this. Given the voice id choose the higher in sugar fruits (bananas, grapes, pineapple etc!)

Love a SW burger and chips... probably my favourite meal for comfort and feeling like I'm treating myself!!

Thank you Saz! I'll definitely look into that, I'm not great with breakfast really! Just eat it because it's better for you haha. I used to just eat brunch and tea! Haha

I used to be the exact same with breakfast but now i cant function without it! Do you get a lot of time in the mornings? Have you tried overnight oats?

Speed things I like to have with breakfast would be strawbs, apples, raspberries, pears (still have the banana too if you like, it is a free food after all but maybe just try to make sure you are getting that 1/3 speed food on your plate when you can)

I work shifts so my mornings can be a little varied! I've tried overnight oats a while ago but never perfected it! It was bland :(

Got nectarines and satsumas this week so will definitely be having those for breakfast this week with my fruit and fibre!

WEIGH IN

111.5kg

Week 1: 2.5kg

Delighted with that. Only 1.5kg away from my target for my holiday in February!! What motivation to carry on!

Last edited:
January 12th 2016 - TUESDAY - Annual Leave

Breakfast
  • 35g Fruit and Fibre (hex b)
  • 100ml unsweetened Almond Milk (hex a)
  • nectarine and satsuma
Lunch
  • Singapore Noodles (prawns and vegetables) (recipe from the SW magazine) (0.5 syn)
  • Diet coke
Snack
  • Light baby-bell (hex a)
Dinner
  • Diet coke chicken
  • Egg fried rice
Dessert
  • Creme Egg (8.5 syns)
  • Peanut hottie drink (4 syns)
TOTAL

HEX A
HEX B

SYNS 13
WEEKLY 28/105

Both my husband and I had such a good result for weigh in, so we have decided to treat ourselves to a creme egg for dessert! Synned of course. Made enough Singapore Noodles for husband to take to work tomorrow! Feel like a good wife being so organised!

A great day! Haven't been inappropriately hungry at all! Just had the baby bell because my husband brought them home after work!!

Last edited:
Thanks!

They're from the most recent one - jan/Feb! So so nice! Let me know if you haven't got that one and I'll send a screen shot!

I work shifts so my mornings can be a little varied! I've tried overnight oats a while ago but never perfected it! It was bland :(

Got nectarines and satsumas this week so will definitely be having those for breakfast this week with my fruit and fibre!
Hi great food diary, my friend did not like over nights oats till I made it for her with frozen fruit defrosted layered up with your yoghurt an added sweetener it's nice this way.

Good luck on your journey your holiday sounds amazing Iceland wowwwww

January 13th 2016 - WEDNESDAY - annual leave

Woke up quite late today, showered and did my hair. By the time I got downstairs for breakfast it was 11am. Wasn't even that hungry. Had a pint of water then around 12ish had brunch.

Brunch

• 3 egg omelette with 30g Feta (4 syns) and big handful spinach
  • 4x bacon medallions
Snack (throughout the day)
  • 2x clementines
  • Hula Hoops Pufts (3.5 syns)
  • 2x Alpen Light bars (hex b)
  • 2x cups of tea (hex a)
Tea (only ate half :()
  • Spinach and ricotta (hex a) Filo pie (from the SW mag) (1.5 syns)
  • Roast cauli and broccoli
  • Crushed roast new pots
Dessert
  • Muller light over 2x yellow plums and a nectarine
  • Light babybell (hex a)
  • Mini Cadbury bar (5.5 syns

TOTAL

HEX A
HEX B

SYNS 14.5
WEEKLY 42.5/105

There is something to be said for eating proper breakfast! I have been hungry all day and don't feel I've done as well as I could!! I was fine yesterday and had a good breakfast! Being at home all day makes it harder. On the plus side the house is spotless :0clapper:

Last edited:
Did not enjoy my tea at all. Ate the filo so need to count 1.5 syns but ate very little of the filling, veg or potatoes !

Ate so little of the ricotta so going have a babybell light to make up for it, and a wee snack in a while if still hungry!

Last edited:
Going to do my food diary now and stick to it. Yesterday was a bad day as only my tea was planned. Messed up a wee bit with extra cheese in my omelette that I hadn't synned in the first instance and also no breakfast so snacked all day. Was annoyed at myself! Did a cheeky weigh today tho and was 111kg so another 0.5kg gone. Motivation to keep going! Need to pop to Tesco today for a birthday card so going to walk there instead of jumping in the car. :gen125:

January 14th 2016 - THURSDAY - annual leave

Breakfast
  • 35g Fruit and Fibre (B)
  • 100ml unsweetened Almond milk (0.5)
  • Raspberries
  • Satsuma
Snack
  • Banana
  • Alpen light bar (3)
Lunch
  • 3 egg omelette with roast tomatoes, mushrooms and ham
  • 30g cheddar (A)
Snack
  • SW hummus
  • Celery sticks
  • 1x rice cake (1.5)
Dinner
  • Stir fried lamb and greens (0.5)
  • Rice
Dessert
  • WW yogurt
  • 2x celebrations (4)
TOTAL

HEX A
HEX B

SYNS 9.5
WEEKLY 52/105

WEIGHT 111kg

Last edited:
Not doing well at sticking to my diary. But have been good so far. Got some rice cakes, carrots and celery and the ingredients for home made hummus so going to try that in a while to snack on this afternoon. Going to be one of those days again I think. God knows what's wrong with me again today!

It's just been decided that on Sunday we will be going to a pub for lunch. Meant to be going to the carvery near ours which would be easy enough to syn. Now I'm struggling. Everything on the menu is battered or with chips. I'm not a big fan of mash or boiled tatties so don't really wana sub out chips for those. Arg! Thinking I might eat really low syn for the next 2 days and then just have what I want on Sunday? It's so hard to guess syns! Can anyone help me? I'll link the menu.

http://www.longniddryinn.com/full menu.pdf

I don't want to go mad cause we've been doing really well! But also don't want to be a party pooper while everyone else is getting burgers and fish and chips :eek:

Can they not change the chips for a jacket potato then go for the gammon or steak, you could always go for the stir fry an ask for no sauce an take a bottle of soya sauce lol (I would take my own).

I don't like jackets either :( I'm really fussy with potatoes!

What I've decided to do is save 5 or more syns a day Thursday to Monday which will give me 20 more syns to use on Sunday. Will probably have steak, or salmon with salad but can still enjoy a bowl of chips and not feel left out. No starter or pudding. and eat free the rest of the day. Need to not let it stress me out! Thank you!

January 15th 2016 - FRIDAY - annual leave

Breakfast
  • 35g fruit & fibre (B)
  • 100ml almond milk (0.5)
  • Raspberries
Lunch
  • 3x bacon medallions
  • 2x frylight eggs
  • Mushrooms
  • 0.5 tbsp tomato ketchup (0.5)
Snacks
  • SW hummus