Saying goodbye to Vincent.....**VIDEO added

Blonde Logic

Yes. You can.
:( I have just given my cat a death sentence.

We are having her put to sleep Saturday morning. I thought I would feel relief, but I feel my heart splitting in two. That may sound dramatic, but in many ways, she saved my life. She found me, when I was at my lowest. She walked into my living room one day, and never left. She is the most beautiful cat I have ever had, with long silky silvery-beige hair, and ginormous blue eyes. She is gentler then a summer breeze and I already feel lost.

I have been after my husband for weeks saying we had to let her go - it was destroying me to see her getting weaker and weaker, but he could not bear it and refused to even discuss it. He has now opened his eyes, and what I thought would bring me a great sense of relief has me fighting back tears with no end in sight and it has not even happened yet.

I could do with some hugs folks - I can't put in to words how special she has been to me, and how much I am going to miss her, and what a void she is going to leave..... :cry::cry::cry:

Big hug to you. Our animals are part of our families and it's always difficult to say goodbye to someone you love. Take care.

(((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))
its an awful thing to have to do, but if shes suffering its the kindest thing - as you know. still so hard.
daisy x

((((((((((HUGS))))))))))

I know exactly how you feel. Pets are such a HUGE part of our daily lives and routines, and although you know it's the kindest thing to do it hurts like mad.

We're here for you BL, and feeling your pain!

((((((((((HUGS))))))))))

Big hugs - I feel so sorry for you. It is a heartbreaking decision, we have 3 cats, one of whom is now very old and becoming more fragile and I know we will have to make that horrible decision in the coming future.
You know it is the best decision for her especially if her quality of life is suffering, all you can do is give her as much love as possible until Saturday and show her how much she means to you.
Makes me cry just thinking about it...

Thank you. I miss her already. :(

1123150498046940603S600x600Q85.jpg
2982440090046940603S600x600Q85.jpg

I'm home now, and as she always has done, (Yes, Vincent is a girl) she has heard my crying and come to comfort me.

I feel so guilty. I feel so awful. This should have been done weeks ago, and I feel almost as if we have been cruel. I can barely touch her, it makes me feel ill, she is so thin, I can feel every bone and it makes me feel ill. Dammit.

If it weren't that I understood my husbands feelings about it, I would be so angry at him for waiting so long. I want to cuddle her, but I can't -and it just makes me hate myself. Ya know? She is just so so thin. I feel so awful, what we have put her through because my husbands denial. :( :( :( I feel so sorry we have done this.

Ugh. I'm a mess. A real mess right now. Next time, I am going to put my foot down. I can;t go through this again, and I feel as if we have been so selfish. We have waited to long. I just hope she can forgive me. I love her so much.

Thanks everyone. Sorry to go on so much - but my pets are my kids. I feel really gutted right now.

BL, I really just want to hug you so tight. I have had many animals over the years, but the cats are my special love. My little girl Lily is just like a child to me since I have no kids of my own. I wish I had the words to offer you comfort in such a difficult and sad time. You are making the bravest and best decision for your beloved pet. She will always be with you and at your side. All I can do is give you some words that have helped me when I have had to go through similar things.

Pet Loss Grief Support, Rainbow Bridge, Monday Candle Ceremony,

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

Please feel free to message me anytime if you feel sad or would just like to talk about your beautiful cat child. My heart goes out to you and I will ask Archangel Fhelyai - who is the angel of all animals to be with you and Vincent.

With so much love going out to you

Jez
xx

Can't read Rainbow Bridge, it has me in floods everytime.
BL - she is a beautiful girl and clearly very special. I know you have probably done everything you can, but is there a reason why she is so thin?
Ben, our old boy is also very thin due to thyroid problems he also has a failing liver and kidneys. We had him as a rescue and he has never been able to jump due to muscle wastage in his back legs and as he gets older he gets progressively more staggery.
Ben is now on thyroid medication but it doesn't seem to be doing a whole lot of good but it might keep him relatively healthy for a bit longer.
Big hugs going to you, ours are our children as well so I know how you feel
xx

Aww BL I am so sorry to hear that. Pets are like children! I am sorry that you have to go through this but as you say, it is the right thing for her and you will always have those happy memories of when she came to snuggle.

Kat xx

IF IT SHOULD BE

IF IT SHOULD BE THAT I GROW WEAK
AND PAIN SHOULD KEEP ME FROM MY SLEEP,
THEN YOU MUST DO WHAT MUST BE DONE
FOR THIS LAST BATTLE CANNOT BE WON.
YOU WILL BE SAD I UNDERSTAND,
DONT LET GRIEF THEN STAY YOUR HAND.
FOR THIS DAY MORE THAN ALL THE REST,
YOUR LOVE FOR ME MUST STAND THE TEST.
WE'VE HAD SO MANY HAPPY YEARS,
WHAT IS TO COME CAN HOLD NO FEARS,
YOU WOULD NOT WANT ME TO SUFFER SO,
THE TIME HAS COME TO LET ME GO.
TAKE ME WHERE MY NEED THEY WILL TEND,
AND PLEASE STAY WITH ME UNTIL THE END.
HOLD ME FIRM AND SPEAK TO ME.
UNTIL MY EYES NO LONGER SEE.
I KNOW IN TIME THAT YOU WILL SEE,
THE KINDNESS THAT YOU DID FOR ME.
ALTHOUGH MY TAIL ITS LAST HAS WAVED,
FROM PAIN AND SUFFERING I HAVE BEEN SAVED.
PLEASE DO NOT GRIEVE IT MUST BE YOU,
WHO HAS THIS PAINFUL THING TO DO,
WE HAVE BEEN SO CLOSE, WE THREE, THESE YEARS
DO NOT LET YOUR HEART HOLD BACK ITS TEARS.
FOR I AM NOW IN A BETTER PLACE,
AND WILL BE WAITING TO SEE YOUR HAPPY FACE.
SO WHEN YOU CROSS THAT FINAL BRIDGE,
LOOK FOR ME ?.

Love Amx

BL there are no words i can say to offer you any real comfort. It is such a terribly hard decision. we had 1 of our cats put to sleep and let another die at home in his own time-neither was easy to go thru and i still cant say that either way was better or easier, but if she is suffering you know in your heart what is right.
massive hugs and i will be thinking of you and her

Feel for you BL and your husband it is heart breaking:hug99:

Love Mini xxx

Thank you all for your lovely messages and PMs and texts. It means a lot.

I am feeling better, in that I have stopped crying. lol Still, understandably, feeling very sad, and dreading to coming weekend. I know it is for the best - believe me, I do. But its so sad.

Butyou all have helped me through a few pretty tough moments - thanks ever so much.

XX

(((hugs))) I know the feeling it hurts but it is for the best for our pets
Thinking of you

AAAAAWWWW this is so sad!!!!
Sending you lots of warm hugs babes!
I honestly know how you feel. When my dog died in my mum's arms a few years ago after 21 years (!!!) spent with us i thought i was going to die of sorrow. Till this day i miss him every day and i haven't stopped loving him.
He was my baby! My best friend!
But for what it's worth he is in a better place free of the suffering.
Keep the amazing memories about your cat close to your heart and you'll have her with you long after she goes...
Stay strong.. she would have wanted that..

Back