Scan Bran Cake syns help please

evilpenguin

Not evil at all
Hi everyone

I found this recipe on the internet and I need help synning it! I'm really tired so maybe I'm being silly but hopefully you lovely lot will be able to help.

OK, so it says 9 syns for the whole thing, or 6.5 plus a HEB choice - I thought the HEB choice was worth 6 syns? I know Scan Brans are lower in syns than other B choices but even then it would be more than 2.5 syns for them?? Am I being stupid?!

Here's the recipe guys!

Low-Syn chocolate cake

Syns for the whole cake:
9 yummy Syns or 6½ Syns + 1 Healthy Extra ‘b’ choice

You will need:
5 Scan Bran
3 beaten eggs
1 level tbsp golden syrup
1oz cocoa powder
½ mug sweetener

Method:
Soak the Scan Bran in boiling water to soften. Then drain and mash.
Mix all the ingredients together and pour into a microwavable bowl.
Microwave on high for 7 minutes. When cooked the cake will be springy to the touch and will have pulled away from the side.

Thanks! I need to know cos I'm making it tonight and only have about 5 syns to use lol :eek: xxx

Low-Syn chocolate cake
Syns: 11½ Syns for the whole cake
You will need:
5 Scan Bran
3 beaten eggs
1 level tbsp golden syrup
1oz cocoa powder
½ mug sweetener

Method:
  1. Soak the Scan Bran in boiling water to soften. Then drain and mash.
  2. Mix all the ingredients together and pour into a microwavable bowl.
  3. Microwave on high for 7 minutes. When cooked the cake will be springy to the touch and will have pulled away from the side.
  4. For a free topping, pile with (defrosted) frozen forest fruits or top with chocolate spread (4½ Syns per tbsp).
from the SW website, would have allowed for hexb choice(2 scan bran) so can only suggest that divide syns in to how every many portions you cut into , if only got 5 syns, i doubt you'll eat the whole lot today!:)say 11 1/2 syns into 6 portions would be just under 2syns per slice/portion

Back