Original Scan Bran=great weight loss!!

gemma2906

Hi,

I have been doing slimming world for a while now and having a steady weight loss each week but not big numbers. However, I thought I would try scan bran instead of having bread everyday so I've been making scan bran carrot and ginger cake and chocolate cake and also this morning made scan bran pizza x4 for breakfast!

They are all really tasty and the best part is that the weight is literally dropping off! I have lost 11lb in just less than 3 weeks and feel fab.

Has anyone else got some scan bran success recipes?

Xx

Hiya,

Just topping scan bran with any type of pizza topping and grilling them. They are so much nicer warm. And quick! I put passatta on them and then top with ham and cheese and a little oregano.

Tastes more like food and less like cardboard although I don't actually mind eating them but I know lots of people do!

Xx

Hiya,

Just topping scan bran with any type of pizza topping and grilling them. They are so much nicer warm. And quick! I put passatta on them and then top with ham and cheese and a little oregano.

Tastes more like food and less like cardboard although I don't actually mind eating them but I know lots of people do!

Xx

Thanks Hun! Think I'm going to give it a go :) how many can you have for a healthy extra? Xx

I like them with Chocolate Philidelphia and banana
feels very naughty
I just have to remember to drink lots of water with them otherwise I have trouble in the toilet departement!!

I have been meaning to try Scan Bran but couldn't get my head over the 'cardboard' texture!
Will definetly be trying the pizza topping!!! :D

Ok I think its time I revisited scan bran wasn't impressed first time but with weightliss like that I'm up for it! K

I might try this! I actually don't mind scan bran, but they deffo need lots of topping. Must try the scan bran cakes. Sounds delicious! I like them with quark, pepper, smoked salmon and plum tomatoes on. Also, laughing cow light blue cheese are nice on scan bran. x

Can anyone tell me exactly why they speed up weight loss? Surely a calorie is a calorie? I need to be convinced lol as my previous experience with scan bran is not good!

Can anyone tell me exactly why they speed up weight loss? Surely a calorie is a calorie? I need to be convinced lol as my previous experience with scan bran is not good!

It's the amount of fibre in them and as they are bulky they fill you for longer so no inbetween snacking xx

They also help clear you out if you get my drift - especially if you have problems in that area xx

This is what it says on their website

Dietary fiber is a natural substance obtained from fruits, vegetables and cereals. At its most basic level, fiber is comprised of plant cell walls and associated material like cellulose and pectin.
The health benefits of fiber have long been widely acknowledged. Foremost is fiber’s ability to add bulk to our diet. Bulk promotes the passage of food through the intestine and can prevent, as well as alleviate constipation.

Fiber can be extraordinarily beneficial as part of a weight loss regiment. As fiber passes through the digestive system, it absorbs water and swells like a sponge. Such a filling food decreases appetite, causing us to eat less. As the calories locked in the fiber cannot be released by human digestion, weight loss is enhanced.

They also help clear you out if you get my drift - especially if you have problems in that area xx

This is what it says on their website

Dietary fiber is a natural substance obtained from fruits, vegetables and cereals. At its most basic level, fiber is comprised of plant cell walls and associated material like cellulose and pectin.
The health benefits of fiber have long been widely acknowledged. Foremost is fiber’s ability to add bulk to our diet. Bulk promotes the passage of food through the intestine and can prevent, as well as alleviate constipation.

Fiber can be extraordinarily beneficial as part of a weight loss regiment. As fiber passes through the digestive system, it absorbs water and swells like a sponge. Such a filling food decreases appetite, causing us to eat less. As the calories locked in the fiber cannot be released by human digestion, weight loss is enhanced.

Thanks for that hun x

Back