Original Scan Bran=great weight loss!!

Yes you really need to drink plenty of water and like the others said it really does fill you up. I am just eating fat free yoghurt with berries and ginger and carrot cake sliced up. It's delicious and I've even served the cake to people not on sw and they loved it too :) xx

Can you only buy scan bran at meetings? Must try some of these recipies x

I think it's to do with the really high fibre content. Makes you poo more, lol x

Im trying this tomorrow will see what its like.

You need the following to make it

For the base

5x scan bran (heb)
2x eggs
4x tbsp sweetener
1x tsp mixed spice

For the cheesecake topping

1x tub of quark
1x tub of fromage frais (500g) OR mullerlight to the weight of 500g
1x packet of gelatine, made up with 30ml of water -not sure on syn value

soak scan bran in hot water to soften, drain off and mix all other ingredients together, and bake in microwave for 7mins on high and leave to cool.
Once cool, put in a cake tin or dish.

Meanwhile, mix the quark and fromage frais ( i used 2x chocolate and vanilla mullerlight and 200g of fromage frais ) beating well to make smooth.

Make the gelatine with the water, and mix into the quark and fromage frais mix, pour on top of the base, and refridgerate for 2-3hrs until set.

Serves about 8, or 4 wedges if your greedy and its 1 HEB choice - but you have to eat this in 1 day to count as a healthy extra.

Last edited:
I quite liked scan bran but really struggled to find toppings for it being vegan? It's lovely with hummous but the syns in are high and SW hummous doesn't cut the mustard. You need something quite moist on it :)

I got really bad constipation after I first had it...almost a week of bloatedness! Now I have a biggish glass of water for each cracker extra
Across my day. That also helps weight loss and keeping me fuller for longer x

Hi,

I have been doing slimming world for a while now and having a steady weight loss each week but not big numbers. However, I thought I would try scan bran instead of having bread everyday so I've been making scan bran carrot and ginger cake and chocolate cake and also this morning made scan bran pizza x4 for breakfast!

They are all really tasty and the best part is that the weight is literally dropping off! I have lost 11lb in just less than 3 weeks and feel fab.

Has anyone else got some scan bran success recipes?

Xx

hiya thinkin of doin the challenge could u please tell me how to make the cakes. Thanks

After reading this thread I decided to go out and buy some to see if I like them. There are mixed opinions about it so never bothered before, well I am happy to say I really like them the way they are. I have my hexa allowance of cream cheese on them.

I will just have to remember to drink more today to stay off any issues.

Back