Scan Bran Recipe Thread

Here are my Ferrero Rocher Chocs, latest version,..................

Pete’s Ferrero Rocher-2

Syns 19 in total/24 made <1 Syn each

Ingredients
5 scan bran=5 Syn
3 tbsp. of nutella=12 Syn
1 Pack of Options (Belgium Chocolate)=2 Syn
Warm water

Method

Place the scan bran into a food blender and reduce to small pieces.

Place 3 level tbsp. of nutella into a microwave proof dish and microwave for 30 secs (600w), remove and add up to 3tbsp of warm water as required to make a paste.
Add the scan bran and mix until the liquid has been totally absorbed.

Put a small dish with boiling water next to your work area and place the cake cases out.

Using a small spoon/grapefruit spoon, place first in hot water then scoop the mixture into a cake case, repeat this until all the mix has gone remembering to place the spoon into hot water each time.

Place on a tray and place into the fridge to chill. When cold remove from the fridge and roll in the contents of a packet of “options” Belgium chocolate! Rechill if required.

Enjoy and remember total syns are 19 and I made 24 of them! Less than 1 Syn each.

(before someone comments, I ate the missing 5 from the picture!)

wow they look amazing

here are my attempts, very nice but don't last long.......

Pete’s Ferrero Rocher-2

Syns 19 in total/24 made <1 Syn each

Ingredients
5 scan bran=5 Syn
3 tbsp. of nutella=12 Syn
1 Pack of Options (Belgium Chocolate)=2 Syn
Warm water

Method

Place the scan bran into a food blender and reduce to small pieces.

Place 3 level tbsp. of nutella into a microwave proof dish and microwave for 30 secs (600w), remove and add up to 3tbsp of warm water as required to make a paste.
Add the scan bran and mix until the liquid has been totally absorbed.

Put a small dish with boiling water next to your work area and place the cake cases out.

Using a small spoon/grapefruit spoon, place first in hot water then scoop the mixture into a cake case, repeat this until all the mix has gone remembering to place the spoon into hot water each time.

Place on a tray and place into the fridge to chill. When cold remove from the fridge and roll in the contents of a packet of “options” Belgium chocolate! Rechill if required.

Enjoy and remember total syns are 19 and I made 24 of them! Less than 1 Syn each.

Attachments

• Ferrero Rocher-2 (Large).JPG
    Ferrero Rocher-2 (Large).JPG
    186.9 KB · Views: 1,614
I bought some scan bran last week as everyone was raving on about it. Tried a few different things with it, the carrot cake..not bad! The Ferrero rochers...yummy :) And this morning for breakfast, i used 2 scan bran and 28g of porridge, 250ml semi skimmed milk, zapped it in the microwave for a couple of mins, and added some artificial sweetener and was actually really tasty, and very filling.

Ooo I am so going to have to try some of these as I have decided to do the scan bran challenge so this thread will make it easier :)

xx

Hi guys

I would like to make the rochers as well as some of the cakes on the previous pages (especially that ginger cake, yum!) but I would like to use weetabix. If a recipe specifies a certain amount of scan bran how can I convert it into the correct amount of weetabix to make the cake work?

Probably on here already. But just having some now. I pour hot water over 5 of them (1x heb) then mush them up, add a muller light yoghurt (today coconut flavour) add 2 teaspoons of sweetener and a chopped banana. Basically a tasty weetabix

xx

syns for scan bran carrot cake?

I have just made the carrot cake - is it 12 syns for the cake including HEX or is that seperate? Also made the ferrerro rocher but used weetabix, the cake is gorgeous but not tasted the sweets yet - they in fridge :D

I've made the scan bran banana cake and scan bran christmas cake and I use either a silicone loaf 'tin' or silicone round cake 'tin' and cook them in the microwave on full power for about 6 mins.

Just made the fudge cake, think I've followed the recipe but it's not very cakey! Almost a bit sort of like mousse texture, though it does stay together when you pick it up. Is that as it should be? Taste's ok but not fudgey and not cakey! Have been through this thread and saw a picture of a carrot cake which looked lovely, also made with scan bran - but my fudge cake was nothing like it in texture! Any tips? Did I perhaps use too much water to soften the bran? Used a 250g tub of quark- is this the only size? The recipe just said a tub, so maybe should have been a smaller tub? Bit dissapointed really. Any thoughts greatly appreciated as I think it would really help me to include low syn tasty cake in my diet.

Thanks!

Ok just made them, they are delish, and by far the nicest way to eat scan bran, but it only made 9????

Back