Scared and crying? Not anymore, here is the new me! I AM BACK!!!!

:scale: I can't believe it! I lost 4.2 lbs. I am so chuffed!:party0048:
I can't stop talking about it now!:blahblah: There is nothing as encouraging and rewarding as this.:party0049: It is as if my body knew it was WI on Sat. morning and it wanted to make me a surprise. And what a suprise!:bliss: Tahiti, here I come!:character00180:

I would like to give you all a big:grouphugg:for listening to my moaning and encouraging me this week. Thank you
:flowers:

Hi Elie, I see you have lost 4 lbs, thats FAB!!!! I have found that after the first couple of weeks I am less obsessed with getting on the scales, so hopefully this will happen to you too. I've found my scales weigh different to be CDCs and I put on about 12 stone in a day (that should be 1/2 stone LOL) so if you get weighed throughout the day you will gradually get heavier and more depressed. If you must try and do it once a day. If not, bin the scales!!!

Well done spannerpan, thats fab!

Oh, and more importantly, I lost 0.8 % of my body fat, which means I am doing it right :D You can see that I added the body fat loss in my signature as well. The pharmacist yesterday said that it was the most important thing to mesure, as sometimes people can STS and yet lose fat. So here you go girls, you should all invest in scales that mesure fat as well:p I bought mine in Lloyds Pharmacy for £14 and it even calculates my BMI.

Food wise, I am still eating very sensibly. I reduced my intake i the evening, as I realised my body didn't need so much. I was bloated and very uncomfortable. In exchange, I increased my intake of food at lunchtime as I was really starving at 5pm. BF and I may go for a subway this lunchtime. I haven't decided yet. I always take the veggie delight and it is really low in calorie, but I am still trying to control my binge eating and I am afraid that it may provoke cravings later :drool: What would you do if you were me?

I am so closed to the stone lost now, 0.1lbs! I am feeling so well and so happy right now. I can't believe that soon I will have lost 1/8th of my planned weightloss.

Spannerpan, do you have a thread or a diary? Congrats on your weightloss as well!!!:D Isn't it a good feeling?

Elie

Thanks Bobbin! I will take drastic measures not to weigh myself. I will follow Starlight advice and get rid of the batteries. The thing is I like weighing myself in the morning to make sure I do it right, but a)as I am not doing a VLCD I can't really see any losses every morning and b) it really has a negative impact on my state of mind.
Elie

Hey I might go and get some of those scales, they sound brill. Why not get your subway, eat 2/3 and leave a 1/3 for if you get peckish later. Just slow down how fast you eat and so 2/3 lasts as long as a whole one normally does. And have a big bottle of water and have a gulp between each mouthful to fill you up!! Have a lovely day with your BF!

Well done Elie thats fantastic! I hope its now convinced you that those scales are EVIL and to stop jumping on them every day ;)

What a brilliant result :bliss:

Hi Eli

I'm new to this site like you! Really helps to keep your mind away from food lol

Have you heard of the Fat Smash Diet?

I thought as I read about you feeling hungry this diet might apeal to you, if cant do the shakes.

If I wasn't doing the shakes I would be on this. In fact I may even change when i get down to 11 stone. I'm just in a panic at present because i've gained weight!

I've been reading loads of succesful people saying that they will never ever put the weight back on again and this was me last year lol. But sadly it's not that easy if you really haven't learn't how to eat the right foods and excercise properly. I managed to keep it off for a while, by doing what I liked Friday night to sunday night then having shakes Mon and up to fri lunch. But then when weddings party's holiday's, the odd cruise and to top all that off Christmas comes along and you missed all these last year because you were dieting. It's not long before it's all back on.

I reached my goal weight last year Christmas. I weighed 9st 10Lbs...... and then went up to 12st 10Lbs Another stone and I would have been back to square one. This morning I weighed 12st 1LB I'm getting there.

The worst part is I gave all my clothes away, which were size 14's-16's-18's & 20's

As a treat for reaching my goal weight last year, my husband took me to London and bought me a whole new wardrobe size 10's so I have no clothes that fit even my knickers and I refuse to go fat clothes shopping! I'm locked in my house until I can get some of this weight off. At least so's I can fit into my size 12's. So this is a lesson to be learnt here!
DONT THROW AWAY YOUR CLOTHES UNTIL YOU HAVE MAINTAINED A WHOLE YEAR !!!

So shakes are the fastest way for me, even though I hate them so much this time around! I would rather be doing Fat Smash. It really is a great diet and I cant wait to get to 11st and then get the last stone off doing it in a much healther way! I have been on the fat smash and it's to slow for me at the moment I need to wear clothes that fit! lol So I'm trying really hard to stick with it. But good luck with what ever diet you choose to do!

Thank you cakemoss for your advice! I will look into it and se if it could suit me, but ultimately, I will follow my GP's advice as I need to be extra careful about my health.

Spannerpan, I llok forward to reading your thread.

Starlight: Yes there ARE evil, and I will get rid of the batteries!

Thanks everybody for your messages. I had my subway in the end, with a diet coke. It was delicious and I think I will have one treat a week, in order to keep me going. My GP had already told me that it was a good way to stay motivated:D

Elie

Here we are again, the same old depressed mood of Sunday afternoon. My lovely BF is on the train to uni, and I am left alone again for another week.:cry:This situation is really difficult to live. Last year was even worse mind you, as he was on another continent:confused:. But even if I am lucky to see him every weekend, this is not the kind of life I had imagined I would have at 24:sigh:. It is so hard to diet on your own and my family is so far away:sigh:. Ah well, I should count my blessings instead of moaning. The positive side of this is that my sclaes' batteries are now on the fast train to Birmingham and won't be back till next Friday evening;). I gave him a huge responsibility, because if he forgets my batteries next Friday, I will hunt him down:p.

I am so happy I got rid of the batteries! These blooming scales are evil and can destroy my spirit in seconds!:rolleyes: Now I shall be able to focus on my healthy diet and not my weightloss:p.

But I still hate Sundays. I am dreading tomorrow a bit, as I have a rather difficult class on Mondays and Tuesdays, and some the girls are real bullies and spoil the working atmosphere of the rest of the class:mad:. I would be so embarassed if my children (if I had any, LOL) were behaving like this in class. But the thing is, you can't really blame the parents either, because the school doesn't want to say anything negative on reports, etc, so all we send is a series of cloned reports that don't mean much unfortunately.:mad:

I can't wait to be next Friday evening and hold my BF in my arms again, and make sure he has the batteries, LOL :giggle:

I also bought Bio Oil today, as I heard people recommending it on the forum. It smells divine I think AND, huge plus, it is not tested on animals:D. I will tell you what I think about it later as it will probably need time to have visible results.

Elie

I just got back from taking my bf to the airport so feel a bit down too, mine lives in Holland (he is Dutch).

Oh my, I really feel for you. Distant relationships are a right mess (to remain polite) :(

Has your bf noticed any change in you yet?

he noticed that I am feeling better overall but physically, even I have not noticed anything yet, let alone other people. But I know the time will come when I see great changes in my body :D

My subway was delicious! I enjoyed every mouthful of it and it was so good to be able to enjoy food while eating out!!!!!!

When do you see your BF again?

Elie

Hi Ellie, your posts make me chuckle, I started reading them backwards and was a bit shocked to to read that you couldnt wait for your BF to return home with the batteries ;)

I just dont get out enough|!!!!

Good luck for this week, you are doing fab, I love subway, glad there isnt any near me though, otherwise Id be so tempted!!

What a great idea to get your bf to take the batteries with him. How long will you need to be apart? Until he finishes uni? No chance you could get a teaching job nearer to his uni?

I think you are doing very well and it won't be long until your weight loss is very notable

Have a good week.

Irene xx

To be honest irene, it was starlight's idea! I was thinking of putting the scales in my car or something :eek:and she came up with this simple but great idea :D

We should be living together as soon as he graduates in July. He wants to do a master in management or something :)sign0137::p) and some of the best are close to where I live (North Kent). So not long to wait now, but after 3 years together I would like something a bit more serious :rolleyes:. I am getting old :p. I don't want to leave my job as it is in a very good school and god knows how rare they are these days :p, and around Birmingham schools are really tough :eek:. If anything, I wish we could go and live in Oxfordshire. I did my postgrad in Oxford and it was the best city I have ever lived in so far (certainly better than the hole I am living in at the mo:rolleyes::D).

Canireallydothis, if I am really honest, I want the batteries back almost as much as the BF :p;):D.

Elie

:booboo: today at work and it has really put me down. Anything that breaks my routine puts me down. It has nothing to do with breaking the diet, don't worry:rolleyes:, I just did something really silly and I don't know what the consequences will be :sigh:. Ah well, never mind, I have to remai focus on the positive.

Now that my evil scales are of no use, I live my diet much more happily.:D

I have been looking at new jobs for the future, as I don't plan on living in Kent forever (unless BF has a well paid job once he starts working, I don't see us survivng here:eek:) and so many jobs are appealing! Unfortunately, they are too far away from London and I know that my BF will have to start there, given the career he wants to have. Ah well... Maybe in a few years, once we both have a broader professional experience, we shall be able to move somewhere else. I so want to live in a rural village, it is my dream :rolleyes:

Food wise, I am becoming very lazy, not wanting to cook, etc. I need to go to cooking classes, as I always cook the same boring meals and I am tired of them. Sometimes I wish I didn't have to cook!!!:rolleyes: Lazy me speaking again :p

I can't wait for spring to come, I have enough of these cold morning when everything is dark. There is nothing I hate more than having to get up when Nature is still sleeping!:rolleyes: And i can't wait to see if I will be able to wear nice spring-summer clothes. I know I always say the same thing over and over again :blahblah: but it is a real incentive for me. I don't want to spend another spring-summer having to sweat under dark covering outfits anymore. I want to be able to walk somewhere without fearing that I will be too hot and sweaty.:D It is amazing all the things that my weight prevent me to do. Even seeing my family is not the same as usual. I may or may not be paranoid but I always think that people will comment on me when they see me with all this weight on. I run away from situations where I have to meet new people :(. I don't even want to meet my BF's friends as I don't want to be an embarrassment for him.:(:(:( Don't get me wrong, it doesn't think I am an embarrassment and is the loveliest most understanding man when it comes to my weight:eek:, I am the one who thinks that I am an embarrassment. I don't even dare going out in my home town, for fear of seeing an school friend :sigh:

So as you can see, I want to change a lot of things, and not just only my eating habits. And I know I will succeed:D. And I am so happy I found Minimins:D. Call me sad, but going on minimins is probably the best moment of day :D

Back