Scared and crying? Not anymore, here is the new me! I AM BACK!!!!

and in one of them, we will be above the water of the lagoon (in shallow water of course!), with a little ladder/stairs to go down from the room to the water and...with a floor made of glass to see the fish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: Elie

So so jelous! I have always wanted to stay in one of those:jelous:

You will soon be in those 18's - prob way past it in time for your hols! I found Primark sizes not too generous personally last time I slimmed down I was 18 in Primark and 16 in other shops!

I am sure your weight loss will be great, but remember all the other things you are getting out of this too, not just weight loss but self esteem, health, lots of lovely new clothes etc etc!

You are doing soooooo well, its very inspiring!

by the way, have you thought of a DVD for fitness, there are some quite cool ones about now, I havent got one yet but I thought the Dirty Dancing dance fitness one looked quite fun!

xx

Go Ellie, Love the positivity you are showing, keep hold of it!!

Youll be in those trousers sooner than you know. I do know what you mean about sizing, in the pic of me at goal I am a 14 on top and a 12 bottom, and that was spot on for me, Ive currently about 6lbs over that, and will have that off for summer, I always put some on in winter, thats fone for me as I can take it staright off again, Im never going back to where I was and you wont too, it feels like something has clicked for you, and thats just what happened with me!!

Keep posting x

Thanks canireallydothis! I feel too that something has clicked. I really want to be thin, not just to be vain, but because I cannot live life to the full with all this fat. There is nothing that scares me more than realising, once I am on my death bed, that I haven't enjoyed every aspect of my life. And there are things we simply CANNOT do when we are obese, and any person who is or who has been obese will agree I am sure.

My sister also puts on weight during the winter (although she has never had any weight problem, unlike me!). Apparently, it is a natural reaction of your body, to fight the cold. My GP in France told me this, and it makes sense really, as we tend to eat more during the winter. You will easily get rid of these 6 lbs, I am sure!:D I showed your pics to Alex and he couldn't believe you were the same person! One day I hope that my pics will be able to inspire someone as much as yours are inspiring me.

So so jelous! I have always wanted to stay in one of those:jelous:

You will soon be in those 18's - prob way past it in time for your hols! I found Primark sizes not too generous personally last time I slimmed down I was 18 in Primark and 16 in other shops!

I am sure your weight loss will be great, but remember all the other things you are getting out of this too, not just weight loss but self esteem, health, lots of lovely new clothes etc etc!

You are doing soooooo well, its very inspiring!

by the way, have you thought of a DVD for fitness, there are some quite cool ones about now, I havent got one yet but I thought the Dirty Dancing dance fitness one looked quite fun!

xx

Hi Sappho! Glad to hear from you! I know, this hotel looks fabulous. I will never thank my mum enough for inviting me there!!!!

I was told as well as Primark sizing was quite small. I so hope I will be able to fit into these trousers for the summer! I think it is doable. But I don't really realise how much I need to lose to fit in a size 18. When I was a teenager, I had a couple of years were I was slightly overweight. Because of joints problems, I had to lose the weight (we are only talking a stone here). I went to see a dietician, and because I was still growing, it was a VERY slow loss. Anyway, I went from a size 14 to a size 10 by only losing 1stone. So I don't know what to think.

DVDs sound fun, but they are better when you can do it with someone else. I may try in the future. Your suggestion looks quite interesting as the title is very appealing!!!!!!

Why am I so obsessed with being able to buy smaller clothes...I view it as a trophee more than a reward, if that makes sense. And, as my BF has it, I am a woman, so of course I like clothes :p

Well girls, I will give you some news tomorrow. Do not hesitate to give me any news of your diet, even on this thread. I love reading about other people's day :D

Elie

Hi Elie

Glad all is going well. Just read the bit about you being in Kent, you're welcome to pop round for a coffee (black of course:cool:) anytime:)

:drool: Bars!! You'll love them:D

Tracey
x

Hello people!

I have my appt today with my CDC, and I can't wait to see how I have lost. I checked this morning :eek: and it is not a big loss compared to other girls BUT it is a loss :D. Actually, I am more concerned with the fact that my hips and ass don't seem to slim down :p. Ah, if I could target my weight loss :rolleyes:.

I should start the bars today! I cannot wait, trust me!!!! I just wanna be able to chew and eat chocolate :D. I don't know why I am so happy at the prospect of eating diet bars but eh, I won't complain! I could be craving something far less healthy :p.

I will of course keep you updated, but I won't move my ticker as my official WI is on Saturday.

According to you, how long is usually required to lose 4 stones? On average? I am just curious to see, as it is my 1st target with my CDC.

Sappho, I hope you are OK. I read your other post, and I want you to know that you can come and talk to me on here whenever you want.:)

Elie x

Thanks Elie:)

They say weight loss is a stone a month, but personally I lost 2 stone in the first month then it slowed down after that so I would say around 3.5-4months.

SOooooo, I am back from my appt with my CDC, and since last Friday, I have lost 3ls. It is not bad. Don't get me wrong, I am very happy :D but I just thought it would go a bit faster.:rolleyes: I told you I am never satisfied :eek:. I think I need to drink much more water than the 3 liters I drink now, as my ketostix are far too dark :(. Anyway, the good news is I have lost an inch off my hips and half an inch off my waist. My CDC told me that 2" = one size as it is how clothes are USUALLY sized (but not always, of course ;)). So I should soon be able to wear size 20 jeans :p. At the mo, I am deffo losing my size 22 jeans :cool:.

I also asked her how long it should tell me to reach 14 st, and she reckons it may take about 2/3 months SSing. Of course, it is not a certainty but it makes me even more determined as before. I can't believe I haven't cheated since the start of the diet. It is a 1st for me!!!!:D Oh, and the bars are delicious :drool: especially the peanuts one! it tastes like snickers :p

If there is anything you think I could do to accelerate the weight loss, please tell me! Do you think drinking more will help?

Elie

Hi!

Well, another day and another 100% SS :D I still have a shake and a bar to go :D

I went out shopping today, and I went into Dorothy Perkins: their size 20 jeans fit me :eek::D!!! OK, they are still quite tight, but they fit nonetheless :D. I was rather happy :p.

Tomorrow morning is my official WI and I expect a 3lbs loss. I walked a lot today as well, to help with toning, but I didn't overdo it. I walked slowly and I wasn't out of breath :eek::rolleyes::D!!!!!!!!!

The drinking is going very well, now that I have water flavouring!!! I am already 3 litres down!!!!:cool:

I saw a lot of accessorise today while shopping. I soooo wanted to buy them, but I want to wait to have the nice clothes to go with them. So I am even more impatient :D

Elie xx

Hiya dear miniminers :)

I am just back from my Saturday morning WI in the kitchen and...another 4lbs gone :D. I updated tickers, signature et al. and I am in a particularly good mood :cool:. I really, truely think that drinking more water helped me to go beyond the 3 lbs. Since last Tuesday, my scales were stuck on a 3lbs loss, but this morning, what a nice surprise :D. And I lost almost 1% in bodyfat :eek:, so next time someone tells me that you only lose muscles on this diet, I will shove my stats under their nose :giggle: . You see, I may not be a size 20 yet, but I know I can be very soon. I have almost lost 2st, so really now it should start showing! Anyway, it may be that I will lose the next size very quickly.

So -4lbs, and it was the start of TOTM (or rather time of every 6 months for me :p). It is the 2nd TOTM in 3 months, so my body is clearly benefiting from the weight loss, and not just my vanity :p. The only problrm: my TOTM of the month ALWAYS lasts 6 days :eek:, so I hope it won't have any impact on my weightloss next week.

Today, I am going to go luggage shopping :D. I want a set of very funky luggage that I saw in Argos. I already have a very good bag, but I can't help it, I need to buy something new :eek: and I have had my eyes on this set for ages now. So I will have plenty of suitcases whenenever I will need one :D. I may buy an accessorise or 2, just to say "well done girl" :eek::rolleyes:.

Right, I should be back soon. I am gonna try to get dressed, etc, but I can't promise :giggle:

well done .......... suitcases thats a nice treat .......... just don't stop for coffee and cake !!! xx

I am baaaaack! And I bought the luggage set!

251-2861285A67UC337085M.jpg

It looks gorgeous! I can't wait to fill that in with bikinis, sunglasses &co!:D

I also bought 2 pairs of cheap sunglasses, one white, one black. They are the kind that are quite big, and they are the only shape that suits me :rolleyes: so I hope they are going to remain fashionable for quite a while :p.

I also bought 2 vanitiy cases, one small and one big. I already have one, but it is very good quality and it is rigid, so it'd take far too much room in a suitcase. I usually use it when I go away for a couple of days or when I travel by cars.

I bought a nice little purse and a glasses case as well.

And I bought a nice vintage little handbag that will be lovely this summer on my thin body :D. There were so many cute bags I wanted to buy in Primark!!!! They would be very handy for the summer, and because they are so cheap, they can be replaced very easily and you don't worry about ruining them. But I don't want to buy everything in one go. Otherwise, what will be left for me to buy just before summer :p? And it is better moneywise.

Well, apart form the luggage set, which was £39.99, I spent the grand total of £15 :D. That was a VERY GOOD Elie. :p

I really cannot wait to be seriously slimmer so that I can buy plenty of clothes for the holidays! I love shopping at Primark and Peacock. Clothes are very cheap there so I can replace them without feeling guilty and I can customise them without feeling silly for paying a fortune for something I don't like the way it is :D. So most of my holiday clothes are going to come from there, with some very nice outfits from Animal or Monsoon, things of better quality that will last me a bit longer :D. And will fit better.

For those of you who like them, Peacocks does a nice series of tankinis. And I like the fact that they go up to size 20. :D Not that I intend to be a size 20 this summer, but I like the fact that they accomodate all shapes and sizes.

I will go crazy with the credit card when I am on target :D, so if there is another Northern Rock disaster at barclays or A&L, that'll be me :eek:.

Is there anything better than retail therapy? :p

Elie xx

Very nice luggage set Elie!

So which one am I going in?? LOL

Congrats on your weight loss. Brilliant job. I stayed the same this week, so hoping for a good loss next.

Very nice luggage set Elie!

So which one am I going in?? LOL

Congrats on your weight loss. Brilliant job. I stayed the same this week, so hoping for a good loss next.

You will have to in the small hand luggage, but only until we are in the plane :D. Don't forget your passport, just in case :p.

I am sorry you STS. It'd really put me down. Weightlosses are my only reward for being good all week. I really truely hope you are going to have a great loss next week. Keep me updated :D

Elie xx

Hi Anna!

Glad to see you had a good time with your BF :D

Was it good to be together again?

Elie xx

Right people! it is time for my daily update :p

I had a very good day diet-wise, even though I had to part with my BF after a lovely week of half term. Of course I shall see him next Friday evening, but it always seems like ages away before we can be together again :eek:. He forgot the scales' batteries, so I will take them at work and leave them with my colleague :D so that I am not tempted to play the scales hopper again :rolleyes:. You would think I am 3 years old :rolleyes:.

Today I had a conversation on MSN with my mum, via the webcam. My family hadn't seen me since the start of January and nobody but my sister was aware I was dieting. And you know what?:confused: They all exclaimed, just by seeing my face: OMG, did you lose weight? :eek: But they only saw my face! So it put a big grin on my face because a) now I know I am really losing (depsite the scales I was still doubting that I was thinner :eek:), b) my lovely mum is really happy that I am taking care of my health and I am even happier that she doesn't think about her depression. So I put everybody in a good mood :D.

Tomorrow, I have to go back to work. I am actually looking forward to taking my mind off the diet although I have a handful of disagreeable students on Monday and Tuesday. But at least, I am on my feet all day so I burn calories and I don't think about CD and how much I need to lose :blahblah:. I will again have to hide to eat (or rather "drink") my tetra to avoid questions and comments. I know I shouldn't have to do that, but as I always say I can do without negative pressure and gossiping right now. Although I know I am not going to give into temptation, I am rather enjoying the diet so far so it'd be geat if nobody spoilt the fun for me :rolleyes:.

As for tomorrow, I am doing my daily little work out again. A bit of cycling and some soft gym exercise to tone my tum, bum and thighs. We are talking about a 20-mintue work out here, or even less depending on how focussed I am and how long I take between exercises. :p:eek:

This week, I also need to lean my flat, which is in a tip at the mo, but really. I also need to take out old smaller clothes as I can see that my size 22s will soon be far too baggy to wear. I may have to buy a couple of trousers and tops for work as I don't have any smart smaller clothes (I was a student bfore, you see...:eek:) but I won't buy anything for home yet and will just wear trousers taken in at the waiste, to save money.

Oh my, I am writing a novel again tonight. I am sorry :eek:. It is such a good feeling to come on here every evening and write about things going on in my life :rolleyes:! A real therapy :D.

My dear miniminers, good night to you all.:nightf:

Elie xx

Hiya Elie

I think I need to take a page outta your book on the scales department. I am soo bad with it. Sometimes I'll jump on the scale like 3 - 4 times during the day. Crazy huh??!

I'm fine with STS, at least I haven't put on. So here's hoping for a bloody good loss next week.

Hope you have a good day back at work tomorrow!

TC
Ellie X

Hello lovely people!

I am really sorry for having neglecting you these past few days :eek:. I had some really bad days at work and I just wanted to curl up on my bed and sleep :(. I am feeling a bit better now, thanks to the support of my colleagues :D and more is needed to depress Elie :rolleyes:

I went to see the nurse the other day, for a blood pressure check, and she was very impressed with my weightloss. She said that usually she is not really for VLCDs because she thinks that some patients start them with the wrong frame of mind. But when she got to talk to me, she could see how realistic my goals and expectations were and she congratulated me!!!!! :D What a boost to my confidence!!!!!

Also this week, my mentor told me: "Elie, I don't want to upset you or seem rude or anything but...have you lost weight?" When i told her I had because I was dieting, she was really relieved and congratulated me!:D Bless her, she thought that the bad atmosphere at work was the reason why I was losing and was worried :p.

I have had VERY long TOTM, over a 2 week period but it finally ended 2 days ago. I felt incredibly bloated and tried to drink my 4litres this week, but had to stop at 3 :(. Anyway, I lost a further 2.4lbs this week :). Not a smashing loss, but it is still a loss and what's more, my BMI is now in the 35 :cool::cool::cool:!!!!!! I am 1 or 2lbs away from my next stone now :D. I am just a bit worried that with 8lbs or more to lose I will fail my Easter Challenge, but I 'll try not to think about it too much :rolleyes:.

I hope you are all doing well on your diets and in your life.:)

Elie xx

Love your suitcases. I have a similar set in a lavender pattern and it is very handy at the airport as you can spot your cases so easily as all the others are a dark blue or black.

And congratulations on your weight loss

Irene xx

Love your suitcases. I have a similar set in a lavender pattern and it is very handy at the airport as you can spot your cases so easily as all the others are a dark blue or black.

And congratulations on your weight loss

Irene xx

Thanks Irene! This is exactly the reason why I bought this set despite having a suitcase already. I don't like travelling by plane and worrying about whether my suitcase is coming or not! Now I will know :giggle:

Elie xx

Hi Elie

Grats on your weight loss - not far off 2 stone now! You will do it next week. You are well on track for your stone a month on Cambridge only 3.6 pounds to go to get to that stone this month, so honestly you are doing really really really well!

Isn't it great when people start to notice?

Have you been able to buy any nice new clothes yet?

Glad things are settling down in work....

Back