Scooterchick's CD diary

lovey - being of the mindset that 3lbs is a 'low loss' is going to lead you to a great deal of frustration and negative thoughts on this diet. 3lbs is absolutely average. it's lovely to get more - but if we expect better than average losses, we're setting ourselves up to fail.

so much of dietng is in the head - and feeling disappoined with a genuinely low loss is hard enough to bounce back from, without letting yourself think 3lbs is disappointing.

Thanks Ladies, I'm fine now, don't know what was wrong with me yesterday, I think it might have been the disappointing car boot and the fact I had nothing to eat until 3pm. I've somehow transferred the effort of the car boot onto my weight loss and thought I deserved more :confused::confused:

Anyway, onwards and upwards, kept telling myself if I lost 3lbs on WW or SW I'd be over the moon :D

2 weeks til next wi, I've been good today so right back on the wagon. Ended up taking me grumpy bum to out of hours doc today, he's got a virus and still very unsettled, managed to get the shopping done and 1 load of washing which is still in the washing machine, was so looking forward to True Blood tonight, but fell asleep so will have to wait til tomorrow now :mad:

Right. I need to give myself a stern talking to. I've been picking all week and as a result STS this week. Why can't I stop???? A malteser here, a piece of ham there, a square of cheese when no-one's looking.......I haven't went all out and had a blow out but little pickings are just as bloody damaging!!!!

Even this morning I got up with great intentions, opened the microwave to do my baby's porridge and there was hubby's chicken curry from last night and I ate a chip and a bit of chicken!!! Just no need for it!!! Is it boredom? Because I'm feeling 100% better than I was at New year do I think I've done enough? I'm I falling back into that 'poor me I'm so deprived' state of mind??? Where has my motivation gone?????

Some words of wisdom would be most welcome cos I seem to ignore myself :(

how about being kind to yourself.. no.. I don't mean giving in to those feelings and having that chip or that bit of chicken.. I mean.. when you are feeling deprived or sad for yourself do something nice for yourself, be kind.. let yourself know it'll be ok.. sit down and make a plan of things that would leave you feeling less deprived.. a lovely bubbly-bath with nice music and candles, give yourself a foot/leg massage, get some nice hand creams, have a new hair cut (you can volunteer to be a trainee's model and have something completely new!!).. write down a list of things that you love about your life and appreciate them.. go for a walk with a friend in the countryside or along a beech.....
and when you can do lots of lovely things for yourself, you are less likely to be cross with yourself... and if you don't have someone (you) being cross with yourself...well... you might feel less deprived :)

How's that for a plan? I'm sure you can think of better examples.. how about you re-read your post as if it was someone else on here had written it, and see what advice you would give them.. you would be understanding of their situation and keen to help with possible solutions.. you can do this for you too.. be your own best friend

xx

Oh hunni, hope you are ok? We all suffer times like this and I totally agree with planning in treats to keep you occupied. Hope you feel better soon....p.s. a sts is much better than a gain :) :) xxx

Right, I've had a good discussion with myself. The scales are showing a 2lb gain after the weekend and all the picking. I've been playing with the same 3lbs for nearly 3 weeks now!! I'm spending far too much on this diet to sabotage it. Sooooo from today, I'll be writing anything and everything down that is not part of cambridge. So far today I've written nothing, yay me! Small steps I know but I've made toast, prridge, omlettes with cheese tomato and ham and totally resisted the temptation to hoover up the left over bits of grated cheese. I think another one of my problems is not drinking enough water so I'm making a big effort to up my water intake too, need to get back on track if I want to be Miss Slim by summer.

Oh! And I got my baby weighed today, he's 15 months and weighs a tiny 21lb 7oz but boy does he feel heavy when I'm carrying him for a while. And he weighs LESS than I've lost so far. My older son whom I can't even lift off the ground (he's nearly 8) weighs just under 6st which is about the amount of weight I have still to lose. Really puts things in perspective.

But my love you will get there!

I can only lift my 3 yr old and he weighs less than I have lost! Got no chance with my 4yr old she is solid as a rock and quite tall for her age - can carry her if she is handed to me but cannot pick her up from the floor!

Onwards and downwards ;) xxx

Good morning dear diary,

Well yesterday was a good day. Bar 2 wafer thin slices of ham I SS'd all day, drank loads of water, was never out the toilet and I'm delighted to report that the scales are 3lb's down this morning!!! So if I keep doing the same I just might get my 4lb target this week to meet my Feb target and hit the 2 stone mark!! My hair desperately needs cut and coloured but I'm refusing to do it til I get 2 stone off so that's a big incentive.

I work in the evenings so I'm not here for mt wee boy coming home from school (boo) so this morning I got up and made pancakes for breakfast, other than the tiniest wee square just to taste they were edible I totally resisted the urge to eat one. I think *nope I don't think, I know* my head is finally back in thr right place, yippee!!!!!!!!!!

Have a good day everyone xxxx

Wow, well done on resisting the pancakes I'm impressed.,
I'm grateful hubby is not that keen on them otherwise I may have wrestled him to the ground for one!!! Xxx

Yas, another 2lbs off this morning!

Hey! Sorry for mia, my pc is gubbed so using mini's on my phone which isn't as good. I've lost 5lbs this week! Yay! So 30lbs in total, Will update stats and start posting again when i get pc back x x x

Fantastic hunni!!! Really pleased for you. This week has been really good for the both of us. Long may it continue :) :) xxx

Hey hunni, how are you? Good weekend?? Xxx

Well this has been the house of horrors this week. :sigh: Son no.1 has been off school all week with a nasty nasty virus, cough, vomiting, fever, he was totally floored. Yesterday I thought I was going to die with the same virus, just in time for son no.2 (aged 15 months) to be struck down as well. We ended up at hospital with him as his temperature would not come down. Thankfully it evenutally did and we got him home. I'm not worth a button, it's really a horrid virus. I've not drank nearly enough water this week although I've hardly ate anything due to feeling so crap, not sure how tomorrow's wi will go. The baby is in bed now so I'm going to have a night on the sofa with lots of liquid and try and pee the water retained out ;)

Will catch up when I'm feeling better. xxxx

Oh gosh how awful for you! Hope you and the little ones get better soon, good luck at weigh in x

Oh my you have had a tough time. Hope you and your family feel better soon hunni xxx

Back