Scotbean's diary started 14/01/12 :-) xx

I think you've done amazingly well to stick with it when feeling so bad Scotbean. This thread is really inspiring me. I didn't have your pain and discomfort when I started and the fact that you are pushing on is admirable. Doesn't make it any easier but you won't ever feel this bad again. I agree with those who advise you to use more shakes or bars, or whatever it takes to get to ketosis. It'll be worth it. Stay strong!

Changed the name of my thread guys so it's now my diary I'll leave it as that name! xx

Changed the name of my thread guys so it's now my diary I'll leave it as that name! xx

That's a good sign - means that in your head you're in it for the long term. Glad you're feeling a bit better and I agree with Giza, I don't have any of that nausea or shakiness so all power to you if you can get through it. The soup with veggies sounds like a good plan.

I have to be I have a months supply in the cupboard that cost me £125 I can't afford to waste that kind of money!! :)xx

Ha, that's how I keep going - I get low on supplies and then order a massive pack so I absolutely have to keep going :). I ordered stacks just before Xmas so that I had no choice but to get back on plan. I've probably got just about enough to finish now actually.

Haha me too, I have a months supply of the packs! I am going to order some more lemon bars though as I only ordered 14 originally and I quite like them, either that or I will have a looksie in Tesco tomorrow. I don't like the veg soup at all so may order a sample of the spag bol and see what that's like.

TaraTeal said:
Haha me too, I have a months supply of the packs! I am going to order some more lemon bars though as I only ordered 14 originally and I quite like them, either that or I will have a looksie in Tesco tomorrow. I don't like the veg soup at all so may order a sample of the spag bol and see what that's like.

Not sure if you are aware but all the S&S bars are alot cheaper to buy from Low Carb Megastore, they are the same ones!

I did a breakdown of costs on another thread on the forum in the last few days.

Will see if I can find it later as I am on my iPad at the moment and haven't figured out how to post the forum URL's (Not even sure if it's possible) so will do it once I have my laptop out :)

EDIT found the post here was was the breakdown

GetSetGo said:
They work out £7.95 for 7 bars (£1.14 each) from LCM same bars from S&S cost £10.78 for 7 (£1.54 each) even if you bought 21 of them which brings the price down to £29.99 (£1.43 each) they still work out alot more! :D

Hopefully my Maths is correct lol

Last edited:
I have just ordered 8 weeks' worth from S&S and got a HUGE discount from Rob - so maybe worth asking for one when you next order ???

Added to say that the banana bars that used to be available from S&S are also available here. Reduced as a bit out of best before date but bound to be fine for a while. I quite like them but not as much as the lemon and truffa ones. They were my favourite at the start but my tastes seemed to change a bit throughout this diet. The Proti potato and beef meal tastes exactly the same as the cottage pie so don't make the mistake I made and think it might be something slightly different :)

I have just ordered 8 weeks' worth from S&S and got a HUGE discount from Rob - so maybe worth asking for one when you next order ???

Good tip. There used to be a statement on the S&S website that they would price match but I can't find that now. Worth asking though especially if you want some of the products (other shakes) that are not available from lowcarbmegastore. I'm not sure who makes the new shakes. Anyone seen them before on other diet plans because I haven't?

Perhaps they get the new flavours first from the Bariatric supplies place in France? Think it was you, BG who pointed out that most of the FMR products come from this one source?

Not sure. The new shakes are in shiny packets which makes me think they come from someone else as I haven't seen Bariatrix products in shiny packets before.

Well I went out to rehearsal for a wee while but didn't want to stay all night and exhaust myself as I really want to make it to work tomorrow.

Just had chicken soup. This is what I did. Chopped half a dozen mushrooms in half and baked them in the oven in foil with a bit of water and garlic salt.

Made up the soup in the blender with about 200ml of hot water then added the mushrooms and blitzed a bit more not to puree the mushrooms just to keep them in fairly big bits

Ended up with a really big bowl of chunky soup which tasted lovely. Far better than yesterday's spag Bol. I would def recommend this!!

Hmmm good idea! I don't have a blender though, may have to invest in one. I like the idea of popping some mushrooms into the chicken soup!

Someone else said that they had the veggies in the soup. Sounds like a good idea to leave chunky bits too. I think I'd do this if I could be bothered but I'm too idle to drag the blender out as it's one of those big food processor thingies with like 100 attachments that no one ever uses :). Anyway I usually have the soup at work on the odd occasion that I have it where blending anything is not possible. I guess you could just fine chop and stir them in without the blender.

It's all about experimenting with the limited things you have. Amazing how you can find something you like by doing this.

I've already said this on Tara's thread but cos this is my diary I need to record everything here so I can look back at it if I need to.

Feeling a lot less of the shakes, nausea and headache tonight. Managing to drink water now although doubt I'll hit the three litre Mark today.

Still craving something sweet after savoury chicken soup but that's really normal for me as I normally always have sweet after savoury. Not sure what to do re that. Could have sweet tea. Or another shake as have had four packs but two of them were bars should stop at that if I can for today and really try to only have one bar tomorrow!! Only caved on that today cos of how I was feeling and it stopped me caving and eating food.

Onwards and upwards eh? Xxx

Also.... Dry mouth? What's that about is this normal?

Iv had a dry mouth for the past 2 days too! I thought it was just me! lol

Back