Scotbean's diary started 14/01/12 :-) xx

Hope today is going well - did you get your IKEA mixer?

Thanks yes I did! I've not had cause to need it yet so will let you know how I get on!

Well I am struggling towards the end of day one. I've had a headache all day and feel faint and nauseous. Have managed to eat four packs, two litres of water and a coke zero. Oh and two cups of black tea.

I need people to tell me this stage will pass as I can't spend the next six months feeling this way :(

How many days can I expect to feel this Ill?

Thanks xx

It does pass Scotbean and usually by day 5 you feel really great. Depending on the individual you've probably got another 1, maybe 2 days of this and then you should be in ketosis. I've never felt faint but I do get headaches when going into ketosis. Sounds like a headache tablet (paracetamol might be a good choice as they're not covered in sugary stuff) and an early night might be in order? I think Tara (who is just starting too) has been feeling a bit headachy / nauseous and has read up on it (see her wedding diary) and says it's pretty normal. Keep strong and believe me it will be ok xx

Thanks I've been popping paracetomol and ibuprofen all day which hasn't shifted it. Not to worry. Short term pain long term gain I really hope!! Bring on tomorrow xx

Me too, been on paracetamol since i woke up and it hasnt helped :( lets hope this headache goes by tomorrow coz im sure my boss wont b happy with me pulling a sickie!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I know I am concerned about still feeling I'll on Monday when I'm due back at work too. Hope u feel a bit better tomorrow xx

Thanx .. You too!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi, found your diary too. I didn't enjoy working 12 hours today feeling like this, but the added bonus of working 12 hours was I have been busy all day and distracted! Just curled up on sofa in front of fire now, ready for a fairly early night as I have another 12 hour stint tomorrow.

Hope you feel better soon! xx

Morning all. Woke up at half six terrible headache. Ate a bar so I could take painkillers. Went back to bed and three hours later I don't feel much better :( xx

Take it easy today, rest and keep thinking positive. It will pass, drink plenty of water for a headache and you'll be fine.

Scotbean, all I can say is that these first 2-3 days are the worse. There really isn't anything I can say other than you just need to keep strong and tough it out hun. You will feel better soon. If you go off the rails and crack believe me you will feel annoyed that you did. Drink lots, try to distract yourself and have a 5th pack or the allowed veggies if you need something else xx

Thanks guys. I know it makes sense.... In theory. I feel nauseous shaky and headachy. Having a coke zero to try and settle my stomach. I can't actually contemplate eating any packs. Had the bar this morning. I could prob manage another bar but that's not allowed... Or is that a lesser evil? Really don't want to give in cos I know I'll have to start again. I wish it was Tuesday.

Cancelled meeting friends today as I feel so crap. Also meant to be at rehearsal from 5 pm but thinking I won't make that either. I can't even drag my ass in the shower just sitting here clutching my head with one hand while typing with one finger!

God how pathetic do I sound I'm so sorry!!! Xxx

I think everybody goes through it! I was like that for around 3 days but it does get better. Ketosis will hit soon too. Stay positive! :)

This'll maybe make you laugh! Decided to have the crispy cereal shake. Added the right amount of skimmed milk then some extra water. Then decided it would be easiest to mix it in the blender..... Doh! No crispy bits for me!! Still it's nice and thick and the crispy bits are still there, just miniscule lol!!

An extra bar (only 1 mind!) is the lesser evil in my opinion. S&S bars are not as high in carbs as bars from other plans. I haven't had my first pack yet. Trying to decide between a shake or porridge for breakfast although it may be nearly lunchtime before I get round to it :).

I know how you are feeling but keep yourself going, try having some veggies like BG suggested to do. Just keep telling yourself it will pay off in the end.

Well because I had to have one so early (6.30) to enable me to take tablets it's now10.45 and I've had two packs already. Well one pack and one bar. So I think I will end up having an extra bar later maybe tonight if I still feel rough. That way I can try to have a soup and a shake later too. I can't contemplate spag Bol today although I managed it yesterday.

Yeah, don't crack just have an extra pack :).

:D re the crispy shake. Someone else on here did that and also ended up with a non-crispy crispy shake :)

Felt a bit better so ended up meeting my friends after all. They had lunch I had black tea yay me!! Dropped my daughter at a party now till 4 so I have ended up having another bar and another coke zero- second of both today. I was feeling light headed and dizzy so the bar was the only thing I could stomach and the coke zero really helped my nausea this morning.

Not ideal I know I was wanting to stick to one a day but better than caving I reckon.

Intending to have a chicken or mushroom soup later with some mushrooms and spring onions in it.

Hope evryones day is going ok xx

Back