Scotbean's diary started 14/01/12 :-) xx

Yes, dry mouth (and a strange taste - ketones are expelled in breath and urine) is a sign of ketosis :). Congratulations everyone - you're well on the way now.

Ooooh dear. Please note time. 2.13am and woken up with a STONKING headache.

Guess what? In the kitchen having had another bar and more coke zero.

I swear I'll never get going with this having these extra bars is bound to be setting me back but to take tablets I need to eat something and really there's no choice at 2am! :(

Really don't want to miss work I hope I can now get back to sleep and wake up feeling better or as good as I did yesterday (Sunday) evening

Hope no one else is up at this hour xxx

Hey scotbean I'm wide awake.... Fair play to ya for sticking it out mine is due tomorro and I'm headed to Belfast for an interview on Tuesday for a week And planning on moving house ...... Oh it's gonna be mega stress ..... Suppose it will keep me busy!

Well done and keep going....... Try drinking more and eating less bars ;)

I know I should. I'm not having extra packs just that I've effectively substituted a pack for a bar :(

Nausea and headache back with a vengeance today I'm afraid!!

Sorry you feel rubbish again :(. Hopefully it'll ease off like yesterday.

Okay was gonna wait till I got to work to have first pack but as feeling so rubbish decided to have crispy choc shake. So again effectively already had two packs today as had one at 2am!

Will try to stick to only two more today -coke zero should help me! If I have to have an extra pack it's NOT gonna be a bar! Ok?! Lol xx

Yes, don't have another bar :). Maybe try some cucumber sticks or something from the veggie list if you get the urge to chew?

Your doing really well, you won't feel like this forever! If you need 3 more packs today then have 3 if you need 4 then have 4 it won't make much difference in the grand scheme of things and if it keeps you on track then I say its worth it!

Good luck.today and I hope you feel better!

Hi!!

I am feeling utterly rubbish today too, my headache is awful, but I am ok in knowing that it will pass and it won't stay like this forever, it's just this difficult time! I suppose, the worse we have it getting into ketosis, the more likely we are to stay in it as not to experience that again lol!

Hiya

I am a bit of a lurker with regards to slim & save lol but i have been reading your diary with keen interest, as my partner and i were supposed to start the diet last year but with crimbo, a holiday and one thing and another we have waited till eating and parties are well out of the way lol.

So we are starting in roughly 2 weeks.

Can i just say though that reading all your experiences to starting the diet is giving me the confidence and understanding to be able to cope with things and to know roughly what to expect :)

I personally can't wait to start and get things moving i feel motivated and mentally ready :)

Keep posting Scotbean and everyone in your diaries with experiences and also what the meals are like etc as i think it is fab to be able to read other peoples thoughts and ideas on this diet :) and i think you are all doing brill, i only hope me and my partner do as well :)

Hiya

I am a bit of a lurker with regards to slim & save lol but i have been reading your diary with keen interest, as my partner and i were supposed to start the diet last year but with crimbo, a holiday and one thing and another we have waited till eating and parties are well out of the way lol.

So we are starting in roughly 2 weeks.

Can i just say though that reading all your experiences to starting the diet is giving me the confidence and understanding to be able to cope with things and to know roughly what to expect :)

I personally can't wait to start and get things moving i feel motivated and mentally ready :)

Keep posting Scotbean and everyone in your diaries with experiences and also what the meals are like etc as i think it is fab to be able to read other peoples thoughts and ideas on this diet :) and i think you are all doing brill, i only hope me and my partner do as well :)

Thats great that you both are going to do it, you can keep eachother motivated! I am on day 3 and it's hard but not as bad as I imagined to be fair. It's nice not having to plan all my meals etc

Good luck for when you start! x

Hi Tara - yes I agree!! I'm at work now - not feeling too bad just drinking water. Not really hungry at all it's more habit as I would be munching at my desk!

BG - the thing about eating the bars is not really boecause I am desperate to chew - its more that I needed something instant in order to stop the nausea and enable me to take painkillers as one can't take nurofen on an empty stomach - I take two nurofen and two paracetomol and that hepls a bit.

And when feeling so sick its more what can I get over without throwing up!! At least a bar is still on plan and better than bread, biscuits, crackers or cornflakes which is what I would normally reach for when feeling like that and needing to take tablets (i'm prone to headaches anyway!)

Good luck for today everyone and Tara hope you feel better in a bit
xxx

Hi Tara - yes I agree!! I'm at work now - not feeling too bad just drinking water. Not really hungry at all it's more habit as I would be munching at my desk!

BG - the thing about eating the bars is not really boecause I am desperate to chew - its more that I needed something instant in order to stop the nausea and enable me to take painkillers as one can't take nurofen on an empty stomach - I take two nurofen and two paracetomol and that hepls a bit.

And when feeling so sick its more what can I get over without throwing up!! At least a bar is still on plan and better than bread, biscuits, crackers or cornflakes which is what I would normally reach for when feeling like that and needing to take tablets (i'm prone to headaches anyway!)

Good luck for today everyone and Tara hope you feel better in a bit
xxx

Yeah I agree with you there, you have to have something in your tum when you take ibuprofen and I would prob do the same. At least your are sticking to plan too! I am finding that everyday I am thinking more and more about my goal, how I can look and feel and I can honestly say... Shamefully, I have never once in my life ever stuck to a diet 100% with no cheats for more than a week! (I've done diets for months but always had little cheats along the way) If I get through this first week, I know I can do it!

Hope you feel better too, will be stocking up later on the DR pepper zero, cinnamon, mushrooms, and painkillers! lol

Good luck to you too today! xx

Can i just ask what the bars are like? I tried biggest loser bars a few months back and found them disgusting, not the taste but the thick chewy horrid texture....are these bars chewy and thick like that lol sounds odd but i am wondering what to put for our first order...i know the shakes we will like and the meals but am not sure about soups, porridge and bars :) I will be ok with things i am not keen on as i tend to grin and bear it but it might put my partner off lol....Thanks

The bars are chewy yes - I like them though as you can probably tell they are the things I can stomach the most!

I ate the spag bol but am not desperate to haev it again - I think I got 10 in my months pack so I will need to at some point I am waiting till I feel better!!

You can order samples of everything to try - I ordered one sample of each product apart from the flavours eg coffee that I know I dont like.

I would suggest you do that now so you can then plan your order for the bigger supply - thats what I did :)

Had some bouillion and a litre of water and a coke zero since my breakfast shake. trying to hold off my next shake till mid afternoon if I can as not feeling really hungry as yet.

Headache and nausea subsided again yay!

yes on day two that was certaily the case! Couldn't get any water down at all till much later in the day!

Hmmmm just had berry fruits shake - it really only tasted of strawberry is there meant to be a discernible difference in the two flavours? It said 'red fruits' on the packet

As to ketosis -no idea sorry - how would I know if I was without testing (which I haven't done) - theres no other way of knowing is there? xx

I dont generally test for ketosis but signs include metallic taste in mouth, general dogs breath (!), more energy, less hunger...

Its different for everyone, some people are very lucky and get tonnes of energy, no hunger and feel fantastic. Others dont, I'm still quite hungry which makes it that bit harder. I do find that the detox sypmtoms ease off after a few days, less headaches, less dizziness, always a good thing!

Back