Scotbean's diary started 14/01/12 :-) xx

I HAVE to have a bar for lunch. I've tried having one for breakfast instead but then I still want one for lunch so I stick to having it at lunch now. I'm always ready for it :). My friend at work who is on LL has to have hers in the evening with a cup of coffee as her bedtime treat. If she has one for lunch at work she has to have one in the evening too so she sticks to having one in the evening. I'm not obsessed about anything else but I am obsessed about the bars :)

I nibble the bars slowly throughout the afternoon to keep me going. It's funny how we all have our little ways of doing things :D

Hi Scotbean, really interesting diary. I'm on day 5 and am really interested in other people's journeys!

I've gone from starting on three a day (on sat, was a completely sedentary day at home!) to four as it's more realistic. I've been having a shake or meal for breakfast, depending how cold it is, then a meal at lunch then a bar to get me through my worst part of the day- doing the kids' tea. I always pick! I need something in my mouth and I've found having something sweet to nibble on makes me not pick up bits of chicken etc! I chop the bar really thin, 1mm slices to nibble on! Downside is doesn't feel like a meal but then I have something to look forward to in the evening! Last meal or shake is 9pm.

Well done in not going nuts on your birthday, I was supposedly doing low-GI over Christmas which includes my birthday just after. Had a takeaway with my family! Eeek. At least I didn't have seconds or any the next day, very easy to do!

BG I think I'm with your friend... If I ate one for lunch I'd still one at night so trying to stick to one at night!!

Tara I know. Two more days to official weigh in!! Can't believe it!! glad you feel a bit better! Xx

Minimoosh well done too for getting to day 5!! I think 4 is easier and I have some veg too usually. Today it was a salad at lunch but yesterday was in my soup. Keep up the good work!!

I'm lucky in that my husband is seeing to meals for him and the kids so I've no worries on that score xx

It is going quite quickly and I keep thinking, god a week almost, it's becoming more clear that I can do this, do you feel the same? More confident in getting to your goal?

Tara not sure, I have such a mountain to climb it still doesn't seem real to me. The lbs I've lost so far are not real weight ..... I'm just gonna plod on a day at a time. I had over 100lb to lose now it's just under. I calculated that it might take me 200 days so I'm thinking well 195 to go!!

I can't really get my head around it so just staying focussed on the plan on a daily basis. Does that make sense? Xxx

Yeah it does, but we all know how quickly 200 days can go. Time just flies by and it's going to get easier. I had a thought at work earlier, thinking about having a binge! don't even know why it came into my head, but I snapped myself out of it quick!

I really hope all of us new starters can see eachother through to our goals, and if we do get our own forum, we may be some of the first to grace a 'Before, during and after' Thread!

Scotbean- thanks, I'm really happy I've got this far! I'm hoping not to use the veg allowance, just want this over as quickly as possible but I will certainly be using it if I need to. Sadly I can't get anyone to do the kid's tea for me..... I'm a nanny, so it's my job! The parents actually prefer me to eat with the kids for social skills, table manners etc but I told them 5pm was too early to eat and they were ok with that!

Yeah it seems as though it's caught on anyway. It would be nice to think we could all get to our goals and be inspiration for other people starting out! OK I am getting ahead of myself but I guess theres nothing wrong with having a goal!

Yeah it seems as though it's caught on anyway. It would be nice to think we could all get to our goals and be inspiration for other people starting out! OK I am getting ahead of myself but I guess theres nothing wrong with having a goal!

Love this!!! x x

Minimoosh I see with your job you have no option re cooking!! Well u have found a way to get through it so carry on the good work!

Tara I agree let's all stick together. I'm not bothered if it's in this sub forum or our own forum or whatever I just need to keep going!!! It is very hard at times no denying but it's also doable!! Xx

Minimoosh I see with your job you have no option re cooking!! Well u have found a way to get through it so carry on the good work!

Tara I agree let's all stick together. I'm not bothered if it's in this sub forum or our own forum or whatever I just need to keep going!!! It is very hard at times no denying but it's also doable!! Xx

It is doable, it would be crazy to think 'Oh it's easy, the weight will fall off etc' Because evidently it's not easy, there are some weeks people struggle to see scales moving, but most people keep going, because science says it can't stay that way, and sure enough, we see these people soon posting about more weight losses, some have posted their success stories, befores and afters. So it can be done, we just need to believe in ourselves.

One good thing about my job is I have an hour or so free when baby sleeps so I can take my laptop with me and come on here! It's good cos lunch was a huge binge time for me, I get meals provided so I'd find biscuits or whatever and just eat all lunchtime. So I come on here and talk nonsense instead!

I know I'm getting freaked out with things moving about lol!! Gonna sign off for bed now and hopefully in the morning it will all be moved!!

Recap on the day. Had a chocolate day haha! Crispy choc shake with 50ml milk and 150ml water at 8am. Salad at 12.30, choc shake warm at 2.30, cookie from porridge pack at 7 and choc bar at 9. Yum!!

No headache except slight one on rising. Some peckishness, definite cravings. 3 tins coke zero still feel that's two too many. About 2 litres water and a cup of tea.

Let's see how tomorrow goes!! Night all be good!! xxx

Well done Scotbean and the cravings aren't hunger, they're habit so fight them. You get used to not having things and they do go eventually.

Morning all! Day 6 woohoo!

Managed not to need my first shake straight away so taking it to work with me. See u all later!

Good luck! Xx

Back